Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Cardinals, Vikings Are Front-Runners For Malcom Fl

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101988
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1101984
    Quote Originally Posted by "CPonderFan" #1101962
    Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1101960
    i agree after doing very little research, Floyd has never had a 1000 yard season, his best year for catches was only 45 and hes hit 7 TDs only once last year. and hes a bit older 29 now will be 30 during the season

Id rather go with a younger guy with potential.
    True that, but also look at how many reception attempts he has had. The Chrgers have had some badd ass WRs over the last 4-5 years and he has been in the background soaking it up. Honestly i think the guy is the real deal.

I would be happy with Jones too, but only if Floyd is already gone
    WHo were their bad ass WRs? Buster Davis?
    The have had V. Jack, who himself was bust for quite some time. I can see you arguing that their TE takes away some of the yards from the 2nd WR. However, If we have to choose between him and Braylon...we aren't having a good offseason.
    Face it, there are 3 quality "Possesion" guys in this class. V-Jax, Plax and Rice.

One is gone cause we got out bid by a team that hates us because of the poison pill thing, the other has signed a tender and the last seems to want to be back home in NY or possibly Steelerville.

Leaves us nothing but the 2nd tier guys. Floyd is one.
    I don't believe that we need a "possession guy"
    I beleive that a WR corps can be and SHOULD be made up of several WRS that can do the same thing. When you have "a guy" defenses key on that person. Hence, you have 1 possession guy in the redzone, they cheat on that guy because the jump ball is coming. In this day and age I would take multiple 6-2 wrs that have similar skill sets and a great slot guy to round out my corps.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The Vikings' chase for a big-name free agent wide receiver continues, but coach Leslie Frazier sounds as if he's comfortable with his stable of playmakers.
    Frazier tempers talk of adding a receiver

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_18582242?nclick_check=1

Is Cowher still available?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

LOL, We have a 'STABLE" OF WEAPONS? lmao, we have squat. AP and Harvin is not a stable. And now we have McChoke? Oh boy, come on Rookie!!!!!!!!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1101991
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101988
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1101984
    Quote Originally Posted by "CPonderFan" #1101962
    Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1101960
    i agree after doing very little research, Floyd has never had a 1000 yard season, his best year for catches was only 45 and hes hit 7 TDs only once last year. and hes a bit older 29 now will be 30 during the season

Id rather go with a younger guy with potential.
    True that, but also look at how many reception attempts he has had. The Chrgers have had some badd ass WRs over the last 4-5 years and he has been in the background soaking it up. Honestly i think the guy is the real deal.

I would be happy with Jones too, but only if Floyd is already gone
    WHo were their bad ass WRs? Buster Davis?
    The have had V. Jack, who himself was bust for quite some time. I can see you arguing that their TE takes away some of the yards from the 2nd WR. However, If we have to choose between him and Braylon...we aren't having a good offseason.
    Face it, there are 3 quality "Possesion" guys in this class. V-Jax, Plax and Rice.

One is gone cause we got out bid by a team that hates us because of the poison pill thing, the other has signed a tender and the last seems to want to be back home in NY or possibly Steelerville.

Leaves us nothing but the 2nd tier guys. Floyd is one.
    I don't believe that we need a "possession guy"
    I beleive that a WR corps can be and SHOULD be made up of several WRS that can do the same thing. When you have "a guy" defenses key on that person. Hence, you have 1 possession guy in the redzone, they cheat on that guy because the jump ball is coming. In this day and age I would take multiple 6-2 wrs that have similar skill sets and a great slot guy to round out my corps.
    What?

So your saying that PH/Welker should be able to be a red zone threat. And when I say that I mean body up against a S and MLB and over power them for the ball?

Are you also saying that a big bodied possesion guy should be able to out run a CB up close in press/off coverage as well as then out run the help over the top provided by the S?

I like that you think that players should be interchangeable. A few are, but very few my friend, thats why teams have players on their rosters such as a Harvin/Welker and a Rice/Jackson along with a Moss/Berrian who comprise that WR corps.

Our problem is we had one of those guys (Rice) and couldn't keep him. As you said, he provided matchup problems were ever he lined up, especially when you add a Perch to the mix and an AD in the backfield.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234