Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ARVikingsFan is offline Training Camp

Re: Cardinals Likely to Pick Cutler

i'll lay down money right now that Cutler turns out better than the Oregon QB! if drafting a QB is what needs to happen, then Cutler would be the best option. waiting till the 2nd or 3rd rounds and picking someone up is more of a risk. but then we come to the whole risk/reward scenario. so apparently my take stands on taking Cutler IF we take a QB.
    ARVikingsFan#1

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!!

Del Rio Guest

"ARVikingsFan" wrote:
    i'll lay down money right now that Cutler turns out better than the Oregon QB! if drafting a QB is what needs to happen, then Cutler would be the best option. waiting till the 2nd or 3rd rounds and picking someone up is more of a risk. but then we come to the whole risk/reward scenario. so apparently my take stands on taking Cutler IF we take a QB.
    I bet you 5$ right now. With a 25% compound APR. We won't know if he is better for 10 years so.....I would require you sent the check now for the full ammount......deal?

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

denny green is an idiot; he don't even know who is going to be his qb this year, and he just wants him cause he thinks were gonna grab him which we arn't.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Dwags" wrote:
    What would people prefer: give up our 17, and a second and third rounder to move up and snag Cutler, or take the best player available at 17, and get a QB with one of our second round picks AND one of our third rounders.

That way, we'd still have a stud LB/RB/CB at 17, plus we'd have two QBs, and we could cross our fingers that one of them developed. I think the odds would be better on that happening (one of the QBs developing) than trading all that and banking on Cutler to be a superstar.

Best player available!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

The more and more I am reading about the draft this year I would really really like to see the Vikings pull the trigger on DeAngelo Williams if he is still on the board and the big 3 QB's are gone. I know we have more pressing needs at QB and LB but this guy is a stud and believe this is someone we could build a franchise around. QB's, IMO, are too much of a crap shoot and I would love for the Vikings to land a STANDOUT player like I believe DeAngelo Williams will be

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

jmarter is offline Waterboy

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    The more and more I am reading about the draft this year I would really really like to see the Vikings pull the trigger on DeAngelo Williams if he is still on the board and the big 3 QB's are gone. I know we have more pressing needs at QB and LB but this guy is a stud and believe this is someone we could build a franchise around. QB's, IMO, are too much of a crap shoot and I would love for the Vikings to land a STANDOUT player like I believe DeAngelo Williams will be
    I second this. I think they will pass on Sims if he is still around (with injury concerns) and take a RB with this pick. If Greenway is still available though, that might be a tough call. So I predict either Greenway or Williams in the first and then a "2nd tier" QB in the second round. A guess here also, Kellen Clemons? They may even trade up in the 2nd to get the QB they want. OL and DB depth can be addressed still on the first day.

michiganvike is offline Rookie

"Dwags" wrote:
    What would people prefer: give up our 17, and a second and third rounder to move up and snag Cutler, or take the best player available at 17, and get a QB with one of our second round picks AND one of our third rounders.

That way, we'd still have a stud LB/RB/CB at 17, plus we'd have two QBs, and we could cross our fingers that one of them developed. I think the odds would be better on that happening (one of the QBs developing) than trading all that and banking on Cutler to be a superstar.

i agree with you 100%
    yes its true that i do like cutler, but i think that it would cost too much to get him and it would be a smarter desicsion to pick the best available player and then get a quarterback later

Dwags is offline Training Camp

I agree, if none of the 3 big QBs are available at 17, I think we have to go with Greenway or DeAngelo, if either is available. Not only are they both talented with great college careers, but both are standup guys. I heard an interview with Williams the other day on the radio and he is very humble and down to earth. Same with Greenway from what I've read. Both would be welcome additions to a team with a tarnished reputation when it comes to character.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

deangelo is a guy we cant pass up if he is still on the board at 17, and the top 3 QBs are gone
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"olson_10" wrote:
    deangelo is a guy we cant pass up if he is still on the board at 17, and the top 3 QBs are gone

Yes lets stack our team with runningbacks. :roll:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast