Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Cardinals Likely to Pick Cutler

Well guys, it looks like the chances of Cutler falling to 17 are very slim at this point. They said on Mike & Mike this morning that the Cardinals want to draft Matt Leinart, but if he isn't available then they are (they've said it themselves) going to choose Cutler. If this is true, and they aren't smoke screening it would take some lucky breaks for Cutler to fall past #10. Here is how it could play out...

If the Titans pick Leinart at 3, then the Raiders are likely to pick Young at 7 and therefore Cutler would be ripe for the picking at #10 for the Cardinals.

If the Titans choose Young at 3, then Leinart would probably be picked up by the Jets at 4 which once again leaves Cutler around at #10.

The only way that I think it would work out that Cutler falls past the Cardinals is this: The Titans pick Vince Young, the Jets pass on Leinart and either trade out of the spot or pick D'Brickashaw Ferguson. The Raiders, who are really high on Young, would then probably pick Huff out of Texas instaed of going for a quarterback that they aren't very high on, leaving the Cardinals to draft Leinart at 10. That would mean Cutler is still on the board when pick #11 rolls around.

As much as I want to see Cutler drop to us (or into a tradeable range) so we can pick him, I don't see it happening. I think its going to be a linebacker in the 1st and a quarterback somewhere in the late 2nd early 3rd.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Cardinals Likely to Pick Cutler

C'mon! No one cares? :lol:

mnwildfan79 is offline Rookie

I don't think it is that unprobable for the Jets to pass on Leinert, they have NO O-line at all and Ferguson makes more sense for them.

Personally, I think if Leinert falls to 6 we should start packaging picks and trying to move up (our 1st/2nd/3rd would get us roughly up to #6), because I like Leinert WAY more than Cutler.

The only thing I hope we don't do is overpay to trade up and get Cutler, I think he's overrated and taking him at 17 is iffy so moving up for him is not a wise move.

We'll see.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I just feel like the Cardinals have too many needs to be so desperate for a QB that is ranked as the 20th best player in the draft. The bottomline line is he should fall to us based on talent, but his hype-meter is so high that he might not. Looking at it this way it is simply not worth it for us to trade up.

Leinart is a top 5 pick, and Young isn't getting past the Raiders. The Cardinals would trade up themselves if they weren't relying on Cutler being there. They also would trade down if the Rams weren't right behind them thinking about Cutler as well.

If teams are smart he will make to us because they will fill their other needs with better talent. However, it's the draft and one move shakes everything up.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Del Rio Guest

The shocker in all this is going to be when the Raiders do not draft Vince Young and what happens after. Everyone is expecting Al Davis to snag Vince, I don't think he does, Vince makes it past the Raiders then you're gonna have some wide eyes and Cutler will begin to slide.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

Denny is in the last year of his contract, he needs an instant impact player like Greenway or Sims to pick!
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

ARVikingsFan is offline Training Camp

cutler would be a great pick if we could trade up for him, but i also like having all five picks in the first three rounds. i watched cutler grow through college in the SEC. he would groom well under Childress and Johnson and learning the WC-offense.
    ARVikingsFan#1

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Denny is on the line and with the Cards O-line needing so much help and needing to protect Warner and open some lanes for James that they go with Winston Justice 6-6 320lbs if it was not for the off the field issues he would go before D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Denny won't pass him up.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"carta4eva" wrote:
    Denny is in the last year of his contract, he needs an instant impact player like Greenway or Sims to pick!
    Denny needs the playoff's to save his job this year.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

"carta4eva" wrote:
    that's what alot of people are saying...green needs to win this year. taking a qb makes no sense if that's the case.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast