Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    duvaldomo is offline Coach

Can anyone see us trading up in the draft?

I mean its understandable that we will be going huge in FA. If we adjust our safety,DE, and WR position we can go QB/OL/DL/CB/RB in the draft but we have 9 (I believe) picks and those positions arent forsure needs. I think we might trade a 3rd and 6th to trade up in the second, or like our second and a 3rd to get someone good. Anyways do anyone else see us trading up to get some like sweed if hes not gone in the 1st

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Can anyone see us trading up in the draft?

Based on last year I think they won't have any problem with being active in moving around. I just don't think they'll move upward alot in the first round, because the price is quickly getting accelerated very much.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I can't see us trading up in the draft in the first or second round, but maybe in the other rounds. I would rather prefere to trade down in the first round since none of the great players we need will still be on the board (most likely).
    The dream would be to trade down in the early second round for a good wide receiver.

We could trade our first round pick for Bengals secound round and their Chad Jackson (The Bengals have the 9th pick in the first round)
    ;D
    Now, THAT IS A DREAM!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Or..........

We could just address our needs during the draft with the picks we have.

Comeon guys, there is value in every round if your scouting staff does thier jobs.
    Last year we got several of our players in rounds below were they were slated to go becuase the scouts and front office did their jobs.

They found guys that had minor issues with respect to production or off field issues, knew what the teams ahead of them were gonna do and worked the board to our advantage.
    That is how a draft is supposed to work.

Teams like the Saints who go out and give it up for a player or two (ala Ricky) are teh guys who get worked by guys like Rick Spielman.

Our needs are DE, S, DT, LB, RB with a possible selection of WR, QB, TE or FB depending on how the draft falls.

If the staff drafts wisely they will draft good players that will fill vacancies on the roster and won't reach for players of need.
    Simply ludicrous to believe other wise.
    It isn't this staffs track record.

Check out my comment in the "Is there anyone in the draft you would be happy if we traded up and got" thread.
    I get on the soap box a bit more in that one.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"cogitans" wrote:
    Based on last year I think they won't have any problem with being active in moving around. I just don't think they'll move upward alot in the first round, because the price is quickly getting accelerated very much.
    You are a wise man my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    For a second, I thought you were quoting yourself and calling yourself wise.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    LOL. You don't know me very well.

Most of my freinds would actually say I am on the humble side, usually giving credit for something I do to someone else if possible.

Truth be told I don't like to be the center of attention and am a shitty conversationalist who is usually happy to sit back and listen to other talk instead of driving the conversation.

Of course this site has turned me into a bit of a Post Whore, gotta have the last word type of guy.
    ;D

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Our needs are DE, S, DT, LB, RB with a possible selection of WR, QB, TE or FB depending on how the draft falls.
    OK... I get that our needs are at DE and S, but you're way off when you say that our needs are DT, LB, and in particularly RB.

We drafted AD last year for God sake! And Taylor is maby the best backup there is in the NFC. Our LBs are one the most underrated and we have the best pair of DTs in the league. Shure, Pat is getting old, but still, there are much bigger needs.
    Here's our needs in order (IMO)
    WR
    DE
    S
    QB
    TE
    OL
    CB
    DT
    LB
    FB
    RB

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    LOL. You don't know me very well.

Most of my freinds would actually say I am on the humble side, usually giving credit for something I do to someone else if possible.

Truth be told I don't like to be the center of attention and am a shitty conversationalist who is usually happy to sit back and listen to other talk instead of driving the conversation.

Of course this site has turned me into a bit of a Post Whore, gotta have the last word type of guy.
    ;D
    PPO= Marrs alter ego.
    ;D

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Or..........

We could just address our needs during the draft with the picks we have.

Comeon guys, there is value in every round if your scouting staff does thier jobs.
    Last year we got several of our players in rounds below were they were slated to go becuase the scouts and front office did their jobs.

They found guys that had minor issues with respect to production or off field issues, knew what the teams ahead of them were gonna do and worked the board to our advantage.
    That is how a draft is supposed to work.

Teams like the Saints who go out and give it up for a player or two (ala Ricky) are teh guys who get worked by guys like Rick Spielman.

If the staff drafts wisely they will draft good players that will fill vacancies on the roster and won't reach for players of need.
    Simply ludicrous to believe other wise.
    It isn't this staffs track record.

Check out my comment in the "Is there anyone in the draft you would be happy if we traded up and got" thread.
    I get on the soap box a bit more in that one.

I agree completely. There is enough talent in the draft to get what we want at the spots we have. There are no team changing players that would make moving up worthwhile for the team.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast