Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Camp Notes 8/14: Lowber Sets High Goals

http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/thread/1888949.aspx
    Nobody expects Lowber to catch every ball thrown his way, especially since he's so new at this whole football thing. But when Lowber catches a pass over the middle and splits the safeties, he's gone. Nobody is catching him. And that makes fans and coaches salivate.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Camp Notes 8/14: Lowber Sets High Goals

I love stories like this, I hope he pulls off the impossible and makes the team.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I was reading an article in my Scout magazine in which it talked about the teams (12) that were interested in him for his speed alone.

Also, the article talked about the unique contract that his agent worked with the team.
    Sure hope he makes it.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Prophet" wrote:
    I love stories like this, I hope he pulls off the impossible and makes the team.
    I don't know if the Vikings can handle 2 speedsters that can't catch the ball.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

I can't see Lowber getting one of the coveted WR spots.
    But I don't think he would be safe on the practice squad either. Choices....

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

If it's a choice between him and McMullen, I say go with the potential...we let Baskett go when we should have kept him...let's not make the same mistake twice.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Who would you rather have make the team Surrency or Lowber? Which one has looked better in camp?

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    Who would you rather have make the team Surrency or Lowber? Which one has looked better in camp?
    Lowber...Surrency can probably stay safe on the practice squad if we place him there...Lowber might get snatched!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    Lowber...Surrency can probably stay safe on the practice squad if we place him there...Lowber might get snatched!
    Hey, I'd love Lowber to succeed as much as the next guy.
    But if it's a choice between the fast guy who doesn't know how to catch or block downfield or the not-as-fast-guy who can catch and block and run routes, I take the latter.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    Hey, I'd love Lowber to succeed as much as the next guy.
    But if it's a choice between the fast guy who doesn't know how to catch or block downfield or the not-as-fast-guy who can catch and block and run routes, I take the latter.

=Z=
    We probably have enough of the latter...let's roll the dice here.

Quotes:
    On Monday afternoon, Lowber made his first spectacular play of training camp. Drew Henson underthrew a deep pass down the left sideline, but Lowber adjusted on the fly and jumped over Mike Hawkins to make the catch.

Todd Lowber made a nice grab on a short curl route. Lowber is starting to flash the ability to catch passes. He's still prone to dropping a pass or two every now and then, but Lowber has improved quite a bit since camp began.

During one-on-one WR vs. CB drills, Justin Surrency was blanketed by Dovonte Edwards, but Tarvaris Jackson threw an absolutely perfect 45-yard pass down the left sideline, and Surrency made a fingertip catch before falling to the ground. Justin Surrency 2007 = Jason Carter 2006. (READ: He will be on the practice squad)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast