Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: Calvin Johnson worth the price for Vikings

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    I'm with Zeus on this one, BPA.

Sure, there are certain players that I would prefer over others.
    I'd love to see AP in Purple, but if he's not there, then Landry would look great as well, even though safety seems to be of little concern at the moment.

No player is worth your entire first day of the draft, and probably another pick for the next year.
    I repeat, NO ONE.
    And if we did, people would still beeyatch that we gave up too many picks to get him.

We don't need a "Saints trade their entire draft for Ricky Williams" type deal to haunt this team.
    We've had enough negative publicity.
    Here's a more concise way of stating that, which will hit closer to home.
    Herschel Walker.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:

I'd love to see AP in Purple, but if he's not there, then Landry would look great as well, even though safety seems to be of little concern at the moment.

No player is worth your entire first day of the draft, and probably another pick for the next year.
    I repeat, NO ONE.
    And if we did, people would still beeyatch that we gave up too many picks to get him.

We don't need a "Saints trade their entire draft for Ricky Williams" type deal to haunt this team.
    Herschel Walker.
    Good point!

I try to avoid bringing up that incredible blunder...set us back for years.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:

I repeat, NO ONE.

Herschel Walker.
    Good point!

I try to avoid bringing up that incredible blunder...set us back for years.
    Since the Vikes probably would have screwed up the draft anyways,
    ;D
    My thought is that it didn't so much set us back, as it catipulted the Cowgirls into multiple superbowl victorys.
    Bastads

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I repeat, NO ONE.
    What about Payton Manning, Tom Brady, LT. Some players can be so dominant that they are worth just about any price, unfortunetly you don't know who is going to be the next great thing in the NFL. I think though that if you know somone is going to be Payton Manning they are worth 10 draft picks, you will have that players for many years and will have other drafts to build the rest of your team.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I repeat, NO ONE.
    What about Payton Manning, Tom Brady, LT. Some players can be so dominant that they are worth just about any price, unfortunetly you don't know who is going to be the next great thing in the NFL. I think though that if you know somone is going to be Payton Manning they are worth 10 draft picks, you will have that players for many years and will have other drafts to build the rest of your team.
    That's the problem; hindsight is always 20/20 when it comes to the draft.
    Unfortunately, we currently do not have the technology necessary to ascertain who is the 100% "sure thing" before the draft.

...Unless those all-seeing crystal balls have gone on sale at Wal-Mart and I just haven't seen the coupon for them in the paper yet... ;D
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I repeat, NO ONE.
    Y'know you make a good point.
    Of those three players you said I see each of them having more value then any of the Vikes first days in the past 5 years.

For example last year.
    I would rather have any of those three over
    Greenway, Cook, Griffen, and Jackson.
    But thats just me.

But of course the relevant issue is whether it is safer to trade all first day picks for one unproven blue chip rookie as opposed to a proven top player.
    Thats quite different.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910