Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: C. JOHNSON RUNS 4.33-40

    "lakehubertviking" wrote:
    Calvin Johnson sucks.
    I've never seen a more over-rated player.
    I hope he slips to number 7 so we can trade the pick to some sucker below us for a franchise player.

    I heard Brady Quinn is working out with him to prepare for the combine and has been consistently smoking him in the 40.
    Probably all the drugs he does slowing him down.


    They gave him the Wonderlic but he couldn't figure out how to open the envelope it came in. Then after someone opened it for him he kept dropping his pencil.

    ***This message brought to you by the committee to make CJ slip to 7.
    We are currently compiling a lowlight video to distribute to other NFL teams.***
    hahaha thats funny ..i was reading it and then was like WTF!

  2. #62
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: C. JOHNSON RUNS 4.33-40

    "laujesse" wrote:
    "For the record I addressed it in my second or third response so yes I got what you were saying and much like your stats you gave I think your point is wrong."- Del Rio

    You were already called out by then for missing the boat when you then addressed my point.

    Weather my stat is correct or not, I hope CJ trips and falls on both 40 atempts so you and those like you who drafted Trung Canidate, Micheal Bennett, and Troy Williamson can behold it as he still goes in the top 5.

    Under your theory the college career can be destroyed
    and comes down to the 40 in the combine.

    Why did Larry Fitgerald, Simion Rice, and Tarrel Suggs all go higher than expected with very poor 40 times? Please explain Del Rio. Also may I have your gaurentee that I am wrong on the 40 time for T. Will?
    Supposedly "horrible" 40-yard dash times:

    Larry Fitzgerald: 4.47 (not really that slow, probably average)

    Jerry Rice: 4.6 (and slipped to 16th behind WRs Al Toon and Eddie Brown, despite having ridiculous college production)

    Terrell Suggs: 4.65 (The perfect example of someone who dropped because of a slow 40 time)

    Simeon Rice: ...not a WR (which 40 times are much more important to scouts), but still ran between 4.5 and 4.6 (which is fast for a LB, let alone a DE)



    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  3. #63
    laujesse is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    269

    Re: C. JOHNSON RUNS 4.33-40

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "laujesse" wrote:
    "For the record I addressed it in my second or third response so yes I got what you were saying and much like your stats you gave I think your point is wrong."- Del Rio

    You were already called out by then for missing the boat when you then addressed my point.

    Weather my stat is correct or not, I hope CJ trips and falls on both 40 atempts so you and those like you who drafted Trung Canidate, Micheal Bennett, and Troy Williamson can behold it as he still goes in the top 5.

    Under your theory the college career can be destroyed
    and comes down to the 40 in the combine.

    Why did Larry Fitgerald, Simion Rice, and Tarrel Suggs all go higher than expected with very poor 40 times? Please explain Del Rio. Also may I have your gaurentee that I am wrong on the 40 time for T. Will?
    Supposedly "horrible" 40-yard dash times:

    Larry Fitzgerald: 4.47 (not really that slow, probably average)

    Jerry Rice: 4.6 (and slipped to 16th behind WRs Al Toon and Eddie Brown, despite having ridiculous college production)

    Terrell Suggs: 4.65 (The perfect example of someone who dropped because of a slow 40 time)

    Simeon Rice: ...not a WR (which 40 times are much more important to scouts), but still ran between 4.5 and 4.6 (which is fast for a LB, let alone a DE)

    LOL

    Jerry Rice came from Nowhere State U. When scouting did not have the wide view it has now. If you think he slipped on draft day as opposed to him making a miricle rise as a small school wonder because of his 40 time I dont even know what to say to that.

    Suggs went to the 10 spot hardly a downward spiral for him while he was a top player he was not in anyones mock for the the top 5.

    Now its my turn... Where did you get S. Rice's 40 time? I have 4.7 but please let me know if I am wrong(open to the idea, I'm going off TV commentaters words not fact). I also have listened to commentary a few times over a number of years about the doubt of his speed coming out.
    The quickness is the key for him.

    Fitz ran slower than expected and went higher than they thought http://www.larry-fitzgerald.com/jr/index.html let Larry rap it to you reping the MFin' Midwestside to the fullest!
    Tom Powers < Hetero

  4. #64
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: C. JOHNSON RUNS 4.33-40

    "laujesse" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "laujesse" wrote:
    "For the record I addressed it in my second or third response so yes I got what you were saying and much like your stats you gave I think your point is wrong."- Del Rio

    You were already called out by then for missing the boat when you then addressed my point.

    Weather my stat is correct or not, I hope CJ trips and falls on both 40 atempts so you and those like you who drafted Trung Canidate, Micheal Bennett, and Troy Williamson can behold it as he still goes in the top 5.

    Under your theory the college career can be destroyed
    and comes down to the 40 in the combine.

    Why did Larry Fitgerald, Simion Rice, and Tarrel Suggs all go higher than expected with very poor 40 times? Please explain Del Rio. Also may I have your gaurentee that I am wrong on the 40 time for T. Will?
    Supposedly "horrible" 40-yard dash times:

    Larry Fitzgerald: 4.47 (not really that slow, probably average)

    Jerry Rice: 4.6 (and slipped to 16th behind WRs Al Toon and Eddie Brown, despite having ridiculous college production)

    Terrell Suggs: 4.65 (The perfect example of someone who dropped because of a slow 40 time)

    Simeon Rice: ...not a WR (which 40 times are much more important to scouts), but still ran between 4.5 and 4.6 (which is fast for a LB, let alone a DE)

    LOL

    Jerry Rice came from Nowhere State U. When scouting did not have the wide view it has now. If you think he slipped on draft day as opposed to him making a miricle rise as a small school wonder because of his 40 time I dont even know what to say to that.

    Suggs went to the 10 spot hardly a downward spiral for him while he was a top player he was not in anyones mock for the the top 5.

    Now its my turn... Where did you get S. Rice's 40 time? I have 4.7 but please let me know if I am wrong(open to the idea, I'm going off TV commentaters words not fact). I also have listened to commentary a few times over a number of years about the doubt of his speed coming out.
    The quickness is the key for him.

    Fitz ran slower than expected and went higher than they thought http://www.larry-fitzgerald.com/jr/index.html let Larry rap it to you reping the MFin' Midwestside to the fullest!
    Let me get this straight... you are making the argument that having a poor 40 time doesn't cause some players to drop.

    Fitzgerald: 4.47 isn't slow, and Fitzgerald was never considered a burner or a deep threat in college, but rather a polished route runner with good hands, body control and production.


    Rice: I don't care where he came from, he owns many NCAA records for any level of competition.
    If he was in this draft, he would go top 3 no doubt, regardless of college.
    He had a poor 40 time, and was even considered so at the time (4.6-4.7), so please explain how that contributed to a "miracle rise".
    I got a his 40 time from a web page biography of his (not the most reputable, but the only one I could find)

    Suggs was a definite drop, considered a unanimous top 3 pick who set the NCAA record for sacks in a season, and considered the next great pass rusher, dropped at least 7 spots (and tens of millions of dollars because of a slow 40 time.
    I think a poor 40 time for CJ could result in a similar slide (at least until 7).

    If CJ runs 4.6 he will drop to 7, no doubt.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  5. #65
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: C. JOHNSON RUNS 4.33-40

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "laujesse" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "laujesse" wrote:
    "For the record I addressed it in my second or third response so yes I got what you were saying and much like your stats you gave I think your point is wrong."- Del Rio

    You were already called out by then for missing the boat when you then addressed my point.

    Weather my stat is correct or not, I hope CJ trips and falls on both 40 atempts so you and those like you who drafted Trung Canidate, Micheal Bennett, and Troy Williamson can behold it as he still goes in the top 5.

    Under your theory the college career can be destroyed
    and comes down to the 40 in the combine.

    Why did Larry Fitgerald, Simion Rice, and Tarrel Suggs all go higher than expected with very poor 40 times? Please explain Del Rio. Also may I have your gaurentee that I am wrong on the 40 time for T. Will?
    Supposedly "horrible" 40-yard dash times:

    Larry Fitzgerald: 4.47 (not really that slow, probably average)

    Jerry Rice: 4.6 (and slipped to 16th behind WRs Al Toon and Eddie Brown, despite having ridiculous college production)

    Terrell Suggs: 4.65 (The perfect example of someone who dropped because of a slow 40 time)

    Simeon Rice: ...not a WR (which 40 times are much more important to scouts), but still ran between 4.5 and 4.6 (which is fast for a LB, let alone a DE)

    LOL

    Jerry Rice came from Nowhere State U. When scouting did not have the wide view it has now. If you think he slipped on draft day as opposed to him making a miricle rise as a small school wonder because of his 40 time I dont even know what to say to that.

    Suggs went to the 10 spot hardly a downward spiral for him while he was a top player he was not in anyones mock for the the top 5.

    Now its my turn... Where did you get S. Rice's 40 time? I have 4.7 but please let me know if I am wrong(open to the idea, I'm going off TV commentaters words not fact). I also have listened to commentary a few times over a number of years about the doubt of his speed coming out.
    The quickness is the key for him.

    Fitz ran slower than expected and went higher than they thought http://www.larry-fitzgerald.com/jr/index.html let Larry rap it to you reping the MFin' Midwestside to the fullest!
    Let me get this straight... you are making the argument that having a poor 40 time doesn't cause some players to drop.

    Fitzgerald: 4.47 isn't slow, and Fitzgerald was never considered a burner or a deep threat in college, but rather a polished route runner with good hands, body control and production.


    Rice: I don't care where he came from, he owns many NCAA records for any level of competition.
    If he was in this draft, he would go top 3 no doubt, regardless of college.
    He had a poor 40 time, and was even considered so at the time (4.6-4.7), so please explain how that contributed to a "miracle rise".
    I got a his 40 time from a web page biography of his (not the most reputable, but the only one I could find)

    Suggs was a definite drop, considered a unanimous top 3 pick who set the NCAA record for sacks in a season, and considered the next great pass rusher, dropped at least 7 spots (and tens of millions of dollars because of a slow 40 time.
    I think a poor 40 time for CJ could result in a similar slide (at least until 7).

    If CJ runs 4.6 he will drop to 7, no doubt.
    Well one of us is going to have to go Indianapolis, and makes sure he runs a 4.6.

  6. #66
    laujesse is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    269

    Re: C. JOHNSON RUNS 4.33-40

    "Let me get this straight... you are making the argument that having a poor 40 time doesn't cause some players to drop.

    Fitzgerald: 4.47 isn't slow, and Fitzgerald was never considered a burner or a deep threat in college, but rather a polished route runner with good hands, body control and production.
    " -italian...

    With the truely great ones it does not matter. For the Jonathon Sullivans and Trung Canidates, Robert Galllery's of the world, sure it raised them up. I have seen it hurt suspect players... never the great ones. I am not saying it is not a part of the process I am just saying that it is not the end all be all of the process.

    If you want to be dense and accuse me of holding an extreemist point of view, go ahead.

    If you want to be dense and hold an extreemist point of view yourself, go ahead.

    If you just want to argue, thats fine too but dont try to pretend that your point is valid.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

  7. #67
    laujesse is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    269

    Re: C. JOHNSON RUNS 4.33-40

    "Well one of us is going to have to go Indianapolis, and makes sure he runs a 4.6." -Mr. Anderson


    Tonya Harding style?
    Tom Powers < Hetero

  8. #68
    OchoCinco's Avatar
    OchoCinco is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    770

    Re: C. JOHNSON RUNS 4.33-40

    Someone in the Viking org. needs to get on the phone with grampa Al and work out a trade. Cal. Johnson is the real deal, 4.35 forty, insane for someone that size. Catches everything in the stadium, and Childress says he needs playmakers. Get it done.

  9. #69
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: C. JOHNSON RUNS 4.33-40

    "laujesse" wrote:
    Jerry Rice came from Nowhere State U. When scouting did not have the wide view it has now. If you think he slipped on draft day as opposed to him making a miricle rise as a small school wonder because of his 40 time I dont even know what to say to that.
    Sorry, but that's ridiculous.

    The 1984 season was also memorable for MVSU as the pass-happy Delta Devils attracted national attention, scoring 628 points (an average of more than 59 per game). After an August practice experiment, Cooley had Totten call all the plays at the line of scrimmage without a huddle. The result was even more staggering offensive numbers. Rice caught 17 passes for 199 yards against Southern, 17 for 294 against Kentucky State and 15 for 285 against Jackson State, the first time MVSU beat them since 1954. Rice scored 5 TDs twice that year. He finished his career with 301 catches for 4,693 yards and 50 touchdowns (some sources have the numbers as 310, 4,856 and 51); his NCAA record for total career touchdown receptions stood until October 7, 2006, when University of New Hampshire wide receiver David Ball, recorded his fifty-first career receiving touchdown.

    Even though Totten made the offense go, Rice was the acknowledged best player on the team and was named to every All-American team (including the AP squad) and finished 9th in Heisman Trophy balloting in 1984. In the Blue-Gray Bowl all-star game played on Christmas Day, he earned MVP honors. Rice wore No. 88 in college, but switched to No. 80 in the pros.

    In the spring of 1999, the school renamed its football stadium from Magnolia Stadium to Rice-Totten Field in honor of Rice and Totten. Totten, who played professionally in the CFL (British Columbia Lions 1986, Toronto Argonauts 1987) and NFL (a "replacement player" for the Buffalo Bills during 1987), became head coach at MVSU beginning with the 2002 season.

    Rice was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame on August 12, 2006 [1], joining Totten, who was inducted in 2005.
    I would hardly call a record-setting receiver who manage to finish 9th in the Heisman race while playing for a I-AA school and completing a College Hall-of-Fame career "coming from nowhere".

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #70
    laujesse is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    269

    Re: C. JOHNSON RUNS 4.33-40

    Zeus,

    So if you finish 9th in the hiesman and you take into account that goes mostly on o stats and you still have ALL the defensive players and oline players to pick from aside from that. How is mid first round a free fall?

    Can you name another 2a player taken higher than 16 that year or several years prior?

    Can you name anyone else in the history of the game that finished 9th in the hiesman voting off the top of your head without looking it up? ...Now that you have looked it up to prove me wrong how many of them are in Canton or were top 20 picks?

    What about my statement was rediculus?

    Do you contend that Jerry Rice's 40 time plumeted his draft status?
    Tom Powers < Hetero

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Similar Threads

  1. 4-Year-Old Runs Wild
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 05:20 PM
  2. Vikings has 5 of the top 10 runs
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 07:40 PM
  3. AD Finishes his runs.
    By Turboe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 02:13 AM
  4. Jeep Runs Over Va. Man While He's in Bed
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 11:52 PM
  5. tice runs a 4.5 in the 40
    By TheAnimal93 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 09:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •