Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Burleson news! Just to let you know...

its pissin me off. I cant believe they had the tender that low.

Vikings | Team tenders Burleson
    Thu, 2 Mar 2006 19:32:20 -0800

Jeff Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings placed the lowest tender offer on restricted free agent WR Nate Burleson. He was given a tender offer that is worth $712,000 and would result in the team getting a draft pick equal to the round in which Burleson was selected (third) if he goes elsewhere. Burleson's agent, Jack Scharf, did not seem discouraged by the Vikings' offer. "Negotiations will be ongoing to see if we can get a long-term deal for Nate," Scharf said. "More will come to light pending a ratification of the collective bargaining agreement."

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Burleson news! Just to let you know...

Wow...I expected something a little more than that, especially with K-Rob's future still up in the air.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

well that means nobody can sign him away from us while we work on a long term contract
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

According to Scout.com, both Robinson and Burleson are 3 star receivers (out of 5). You don't pay players of that caliber the big money. They are average to above average receivers.

For more information, click here -> http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=9&c=12&yr=2006&nid=83&lnid=83&rc=16&pi d=16

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i think they should rank the highest WR by 5 stars and give them our WRs 4 stars

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Still, I doubt anyone would give up a third rounder.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"sleepagent" wrote:
    According to Scout.com, both Robinson and Burleson are 3 star receivers (out of 5). You don't pay players of that caliber the big money. They are average to above average receivers.

For more information, click here -> http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=9&c=12&yr=2006&nid=83&lnid=83&rc=16&pi d=16
    i completely agree with you, and if anything burleson deserves more money than k rob since he has proven he can play receiver and gain 1000 yards for us
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

That rating stuff is kind of bull. How is Given a 4 star and Kevin Curtis only 2???? Curtis is damn ready to blow up and go over the 1,000 mark with 6-9 TD's next season.

As for using the lowest tender I suppose I somewhat agree because we are so stack at WR and I think more then anything we want to give Troy and K-Rob the ultimate spotlight next season...

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:

i completely agree with you, and if anything burleson deserves more money than k rob since he has proven he can play receiver and gain 1000 yards for us
    Sure, he did it the year Moss was drawing all the coverage...but last season he was hurt, and when healthy only managed 30 catches for 328 yards. Not what I would call impressive stats.

Koren, meanwhile, logged 22 catches for 347 yards while seeing limited playing time (for some silly reason)...he showed a LOT more potential than Burleson.

Now, don't get me wrong, I LIKE Burleson...I just don't place him on my short list of the "Best WR's in the NFL". The way I see it, we are well stocked with very disposable receivers right now...until one of them deiceds to step up. Travis Taylor (50 catches, 604 yards) is the one doing the most "walking the walk" right now.

So, a third rounder for Burleson? Why not?

Caine

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

Wow thats suprising

Thats good in a way

Making more room for Williamson

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast