Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Browns Willing to Listen to Offers for QB Anderson

"V4L" wrote:
    They will want too much.. Won't be worth it

Don't look at the touchdowns and all that

He is actually a very mediocore QB
    I agree. I also agree that he would be better than Chad Pennington (who has a weaker arm than my grandma) so it's really a horse a piece.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Schutz" wrote:
    I personally wouldn't like to see Anderson as a Viking.
    If we actually went out and got a QB i'd like a vet like Mcnabb now another young guy like Anderson.
    It would be nice to have a QB who could win now and let a young guy sit on the bench for a couple years.
    I don't see how that works. Anderson had more wins and more touchdowns than Mcnabb did this year and he hasn't been through the wringer like DM. I would think a young QB you can build around would be better than an aging QB you would have to replace in a few years if not sooner.

That being said if we build a competent offense around him, TJ can put up numbers like McNabb and Anderson did.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Yuth is the one advantage that Anderson does have. If the idea is to develop a Young QB . I wouldn't mind it Yeash yeah we already have TJ but still the same logic.

vikesfan713 is offline Rookie

My question would be use your first pick as leverage for either chad johnson or Jared Allen, and use your 3rd round pick to get Colt Brennan looking on a bunch of mock draft sites they dont have Brennan going very high????

Frostbite is offline Coach

So...we go after Anderson....OK....why do so many think that's the automatic god-send to our problems on offense? No matter which QB you bring here he's going to have to compete in TC with T.Jack for the starting job. I have a feeling Tarvaris is going to work his a$$ off in the off-season and come in very ready to show everyone that he can be a starter. If that happens..then what??

The QB choices break down to Anderson...possibly Todd Collins (Who is in the same boat as Anderson basically but he's an UFA) or ???

For those who want McNab here: Be careful what you wish for...you might get it. Just remember that most of the Cap room will be gone in any move involving McNab. He's not going to come to us cheap....if at all.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Frostbite" wrote:
    So...we go after Anderson....OK....why do so many think that's the automatic god-send to our problems on offense? No matter which QB you bring here he's going to have to compete in TC with T.Jack for the starting job. I have a feeling Tarvaris is going to work his a$$ off in the off-season and come in very ready to show everyone that he can be a starter. If that happens..then what??

The QB choices break down to Anderson...possibly Todd Collins (Who is in the same boat as Anderson basically but he's an UFA) or ???

For those who want McNab here: Be careful what you wish for...you might get it. Just remember that most of the Cap room will be gone in any move involving McNab. He's not going to come to us cheap....if at all.

Cheers!
    Don't worry about McNabb Patrick Ruese just told me that he knows the Eagles aren't going to trade him.

hahaha

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Schutz" wrote:
    I personally wouldn't like to see Anderson as a Viking.
    If we actually went out and got a QB i'd like a vet like Mcnabb now another young guy like Anderson.
    It would be nice to have a QB who could win now and let a young guy sit on the bench for a couple years.
    My thoughts entirely.
    If TJack is our QB of the future don't bring in another young guy, bring in a savvy vet that he can learn from.
    I wouldn't give up a first rounder for either of them though... maybe a 2nd or a 3rd and a player.

The Browns are just trying to recover the 1st rounder they gave up for Quinn.
    Not gonna happen - Anderson didn't end the year strong enough to garner a 1st rounder.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"vikesfan713" wrote:
    My question would be use your first pick as leverage for either chad johnson or Jared Allen, and use your 3rd round pick to get Colt Brennan looking on a bunch of mock draft sites they dont have Brennan going very high????
    Of course he is not going high...he plays for Hawaii who played one quality opponent this year.
    Look at stats all you want, he played weak teams.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

http://nc.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/

[size=14pt]Derek Anderson Available[/size]
    Are the Browns going to be shopping restricted free-agent Derek Anderson this offseason. It looks that way. The quarterback who passed for 3,787 yards this season could be on the move as the Browns prepare to put Brady Quinn into the starting role.

Anderson has been mentioned numerous times (outside Winter Park) as a guy the Vikings might be interested in trying to get. Coach Brad Childress has not tipped his hand either way when it comes to his long-term plan at quarterback and whether Tarvaris Jackson is going to be the starter in 2008. (Gut feeling: With the amount of time invested in Jackson, he’s going to remain the guy.)

Childress is scheduled to speak to the media on Thursday at his season-ending press conference.

Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "vikesfan713" wrote:
    Of course he is not going high...he plays for Hawaii who played one quality opponent this year.
    Look at stats all you want, he played weak teams.

A lot of experts didn't see anybody taking T-Jack in the second round.
    ;D ;D ;D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12