Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brodie Croyle Overrated..

I like Brodie Croyle a lot. He may be somewhat injury prone but I think his skills override his injury problem. His arm is not that weak.. Out of the quarterbacks likely to be around when we pick, brodie is the best fit for the West Coast Offense.

Also he is a really good guy. If anyone saw the special about him and the house that him and his parents have for underprivelaged children or something. He grew up with them...

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

:lol: Nice music.

His frailty concerns me a bit, but even though he's had some injury problems he seems like a tough kid. When you take as many shots as he did, you're going to get hurt a whole lot more than if you were playin quarterback for USC! I wouldn't mind one bit if we drafted him.

faninphx is offline Starter

I think anyone would be injury prone with that o-line!
    Even though it was a video compilation of Croyle (not a good way to judge overall skill), I did enjoy some of those accurate long passes and that dive into the endzone.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

I dunno 'bout dis mug....
    ==================================================
    Brodie Croyle
    QB | (6'2", 205, 4.82) | ALABAMA

Scouts Grade: 83

Strengths: A pocket passer with adequate height. Continues to add bulk and has the frame to add more. He possesses very good arm strength. One of the strongest arms in this draft class. He can make all the necessary NFL throws. Shows great zip on the deep out route. Shows touch and timing as a vertical passer. Can drive the ball downfield and will fit it into tight spots. Has a quick release and shows the ability to get rid of the ball quickly. He shows good overall accuracy. Knows how to beat the blitz. Is improving in terms of making progression reads and reading coverages. Won't throw the ball into coverage very often. Protects the football well. Does a good job of leading his receivers. He's intelligent and hard working. Has very good intangibles. Is a savvy quarterback with a good feel and understanding for the game.

Weaknesses: Has been hampered by injuries throughout his career. Inability to stay healthy early in his career creates major concern regarding his long-term durability. It also took away from his game experience as a college quarterback. He has adequate but not great height. Is lean and still needs to bulk up. Has improved his strength but still needs work in that area. He's not a great athlete. He has adequate speed but lacks ideal agility and COD skills. Doesn't buy enough second-chance passing opportunities. Takes too many sacks and too many hits. Needs to protect himself better. He is not a threat to run. Still needs to improve his underneath touch. He doesn't always take enough velocity off his underneath throws and he won't do a good enough job of leading his receivers on short crossing routes or timing routes.

Overall: Croyle redshirted in 2001. He started two games in 2002 and also played as a backup in 10 of the other 11 games that season. He was the Tide's starting quarterback in 11 of the 13 games in 2002, missing starts against Georgia and Southern Miss with a shoulder injury. After a strong start in 2003, Croyle was lost for the season late in the third quarter of the Western Carolina game when he tore the ACL in his right knee. He had surgery on Sept. 20. By that point in the season, he had completed 67-percent of his passes (44 of 66) for 534 yards and six touchdowns. He had not thrown an interception in those 66 attempts. As a senior in 2005, Croyle completed 59.6-percent of his attempts for 2,499 yards with 14 TD's and four INT's. Croyle has some upside because of his outstanding arm strength and leadership skills. However, he's not a great athlete, he has below-average size, and he has a terrible history of durability issues. While he did stay healthy and play well during his senior season in 2005, Croyle does not enter the NFL with great playing experience at the collegiate level and we also have huge doubts regarding his potential to stay healthy for an entire 16-game season if anointed as a starter in the NFL. In short, Croyle warrants consideration in the late-second to early-third round range of this year's draft, but he will be a risky selection for the team that elects to take a chance.
    ================================================
    To be fair, Scouts, Inc. has dis palooka rated foith in line, behind only Leinhart, Young, and Cutler, but, I dunno. I tink he's too risky, bein' kinda fragile and all. Even tho he's rated seventh under dese guys and Kellen Clemens and Charlie Whitehurst, I would like da Vikes to draft Omar Jacobs, y'know?
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Weaknesses: Has been hampered by injuries throughout his career. Inability to stay healthy early in his career creates major concern regarding his long-term durability. It also took away from his game experience as a college quarterback"

............................no thanks
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

ZDoy379 is offline Starter

muggsy what site did you find that from???

You know, honestly, I trust Brad Childress on this one. He has a reputation for developing QB's and he was one of the only Offensive Coordinators to have Donovan McNabb rated as high as he did in the infamous '99 draft (remember all those Philly fans booing, they wanted Akili Smith lol).

Yet, Donovan is one of only 2 first round QB's selected since '96 to actually make it to a SuperBowl.

I think Childress' record speaks for itself in this regard, so I'm going to trust whichever QB he thinks is best, no matter if that is Young, Cutler, Croyle, Jacobs, Whitehurst, or Clemmens.

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

SnoSho is offline Rookie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFeC-ABcIpU&search=croyle

watch Bama Bloopers at the Senior Bowl Croyle follows all the guys in white to the wrong side line. Not a nock on him just funny :lol:

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Those are some painful videos to watch..

And I will NEVER watch the Microsoft Video.. I've already got rid of IE, not going back.

I was impressed by Omar Jacobs's interview with IGN, and while I know that means absolutely nothing when trying to complete that pass on 3rd-and-7, I think he has the character necessary for the highest-profile position in the NFL.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"Deadly_Diabetic" wrote:
    You know, honestly, I trust Brad Childress on this one. He has a reputation for developing QB's and he was one of the only Offensive Coordinators to have Donovan McNabb rated as high as he did in the infamous '99 draft (remember all those Philly fans booing, they wanted Akili Smith lol).

Yet, Donovan is one of only 2 first round QB's selected since '96 to actually make it to a SuperBowl.

I think Childress' record speaks for itself in this regard, so I'm going to trust whichever QB he thinks is best, no matter if that is Young, Cutler, Croyle, Jacobs, Whitehurst, or Clemmens.

-DD

You've got a great point . . . I'm just worried about his durability.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast