Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

Brodie Croyle Overrated..

Says SI.com
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ted/index.html

"1. Brodie Croyle, QB, Alabama: A solid short-yardage passer who's done a great job on the college level when healthy, Croyle has marginal size, arm strength and durability for the next level. Many predict he will be selected during the second round, but the better bet is he'll be a lifelong backup."

And at 10..

"10. Darnell Bing, S, USC: Bing rode the wave of the Trojans' success for the past three seasons. An intimidating hitter in the middle of the field, Bing is a small area defender with marginal technique and ball skills."

Dont shoot the messenger now.

Prophet Guest

Re: Brodie Croyle Overrated..

He looks like a little boy in the picture. I've seen him play a few times and he did a decent job. I have to agree with the author regarding having some doubt about him in the NFL. I would be surprised if he wins a starting role at QB.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The article forgot 1A...VINCE YOUNG!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

The only problem i have with someone saying that a particular individual is that MOST of the time they are speakng out of opinion, you can never be certain when it comes to draft prospects.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Property0f" wrote:
    Says SI.com

"1. Brodie Croyle, QB, Alabama: A solid short-yardage passer who's done a great job on the college level when healthy, Croyle has marginal size, arm strength and durability for the next level. Many predict he will be selected during the second round, but the better bet is he'll be a lifelong backup."

And at 10..

"10. Darnell Bing, S, USC: Bing rode the wave of the Trojans' success for the past three seasons. An intimidating hitter in the middle of the field, Bing is a small area defender with marginal technique and ball skills."

Dang it...I CAN'T...you live too far away!!! Unless I can get my hands on one of them ICBMs!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"Prophet" wrote:

He looks like a little boy in the picture. I've seen him play a few times and he did a decent job. I have to agree with the author regarding having some doubt about him in the NFL. I would be surprised if he wins a starting role at QB.
    There has always been a difference between a good "college QB " and a NFL QB........
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    The only problem i have with someone saying that a particular individual is that MOST of the time they are speakng out of opinion, you can never be certain when it comes to draft prospects.
    Yea but for the most part that opinion is backed with years of experience at viewing drack prospects and seeing their outcome once they actually get in the nfl. But, yea you never know. Anything is possible.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Property0f" wrote:
    Says SI.com

And at 10..

Dang it...I CAN'T...you live too far away!!! Unless I can get my hands on one of them ICBMs!!! :lol:
    Haha. Im too used to Kfan forums where you get ripped apart just for saying something that might challange their opinions even in the slightess way.

"Property0f" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    Yea but for the most part that opinion is backed with years of experience at viewing drack prospects and seeing their outcome once they actually get in the nfl. But, yea you never know. Anything is possible.
    I agree completley wiht that, these guys have a lot of experience, but still its so hard to tell with draft picks...for example had anyone said Tom Brady was even a 3rd round talent he woudl have been called overrated...

T-Money is offline Rookie

Croyle may look small, but he can still throw the ball further than Vince Young. He was in the quarterback skills competion and beat out Vince, Drew Olson, and Charlie Whitehurst with a 68 yard pass.

I think that if Croyle can stay injury free, he has the skills to be a successul quarterback in the NFL.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast