Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bring back Johnson?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I do, and that is one of the biggest issues I had with Foley.

He didn't seem to have a clue that the Jets were interested in Clemens, that Griff and Cook would/could have gone later.....

Again, don't you think that kindof discussions/plans/scenarios are talked about in the halls of Winter Park?
    And this is the ONLY issue I have with you, Marty.
    The constant stream of "Foley did this" and "Foley didn't do that" that eminates from your bunker, as if you have some actual insight.

You've taken 2 lines from a sportwriter's blog (editor's note:
    a "local hack") and turned it into a novel of epic proportion where Fran Foley takes on the role of the root of all evil.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

He didn't seem to have a clue that the Jets were interested in Clemens, that Griff and Cook would/could have gone later.....

Again, don't you think that kindof discussions/plans/scenarios are talked about in the halls of Winter Park?
    And this is the ONLY issue I have with you, Marty.
    The constant stream of "Foley did this" and "Foley didn't do that" that eminates from your bunker, as if you have some actual insight.

You've taken 2 lines from a sportwriter's blog (editor's note:
    a "local hack") and turned it into a novel of epic proportion where Fran Foley takes on the role of the root of all evil.

=Z=
    Well, 2 lines from a sportwriters blog isn't really the source that I use when I think about how a FO works my friend.

My insight into how a NFL staff functions actually comes from alot of source documents called books, written by Coaches, GM's and to a certain extent, players....

Couple that with how that draft went down and you have my opinion (not fact) of what transpired that day.
    I contend that I am pretty close based on some of the "Blogs" you ref.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

OK, that is not how I read your post.....It was the "Threw up the hands" comment that threw me for a loop.

and then just threw up his hands when it didn't work he is worse off that I ever imagined.
    Quick question, do you think that they don't have a myriad of draft scenario's worked up in the warroom on who they want to take, who they think (other teams) want to take and were they think those cats will go?

I do agree with you that they do have players listed that they would like to draft and even that some will carry more weight than others.

What I disagree with or would find hard to believe at least is that they would do any planning pertaining to any player on the roster that would involve a player who has yet to be drafted, as would be the case with Culter in your hypothesis.

Had you not used Cutler specifically and instead indicated they would try to bring in a rookie then it would be easier to believe.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

OK, that is not how I read your post.....It was the "Threw up the hands" comment that threw me for a loop.

and then just threw up his hands when it didn't work he is worse off that I ever imagined.
    Quick question, do you think that they don't have a myriad of draft scenario's worked up in the warroom on who they want to take, who they think (other teams) want to take and were they think those cats will go?

I do agree with you that they do have players listed that they would like to draft and even that some will carry more weight than others.

What I disagree with or would find hard to believe at least is that they would do any planning pertaining to any player on the roster that would involve a player who has yet to be drafted, as would be the case with Culter in your hypothesis.

Had you not used Cutler specifically and instead indicated they would try to bring in a rookie then it would be easier to believe.
    Alright.
    I think we are tracking along the same lines then.

Probably should have used the term Rookie instead of Cutler.....My apologies....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Alright.

Probably should have used the term Rookie instead of Cutler.....My apologies....
    OK

Now can we change it into a debate to bring back Bethel Johnson?

He's real fast.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Alright.

OK

Now can we change it into a debate to bring back Bethel Johnson?

He's real fast.
    Foley screwed that up...... ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    (Sorry Z.
    Couldn't resist)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234