Thread: Brian Brohm?

Chazz is offline Coordinator

Re: Brian Brohm?

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Yup..nothing this team likes better than a project QB. When has that ever been acceptable in the NFL. A project QB? Have a project Wr, project TE, project DE. Not Qb. For a QB you go for a Groomed QB or didn't Tjack teach of that already? Brohm is a kid that throws the ball great his slip his senior year was during:

1) A Coaching change
    2) System change
    3) Lack of talent around him.

What would Tjack have done if his sytem was changed his senior year?
    Offensivly...we are a joke.
    I hear ya and agree with your rationale, however, that plan kindof tracks with a team that has a established roster (ala the Colts).

But when you start out (ala the Colts) you take a kid and live with him for a couple of years and take another guy that you can groom to be a Backup/starter as well (Sorgi).

Our problem is we are in the 2nd year of a rebuilding process.
    I suspect alot of your fears will go away this year.

;D
    Marr. you are the eternal optomistic and I love you for it. I however, believe that this team is starting to develop a dangerous trend. I think our head coach, is gettting to cute with his offensive ability. I think his ego needs to be dropped a few levels. I don't understand how a team that is as flawed as we are offensively can continue to hope to just get by. Saftey should not have been a 1st day pick. There are a lot of safties left in that would have been there in the 4th round. Teams like the cards and skins a stockpileing offensive talent while we aren't. If the cards think they need a 3rd WR with the core they have...Wtf... do we need. The Wrs for the skins are better than what we have and they have addressed that area as well. I'm not going to comment about Tjack but I think passing on Brohm at that level is a joke. The Packs who invested a 1st in their starter, realized that having a back up plan is important. We however, are satisfied in addressing our backup plan in the 6th round? I know Childress doesn't run the draft but I believe he communicates what he feels is the most important positions to address and in what order. He is getting too cute and the Vikes are suffering for it.

How has that been working for them??
    Since you asked, good enough for the Skins to hand us a loss last year and get in the playoffs

Oooch! Low blow.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Southernpike" wrote:
    So anyone who questions Childress by definition doesn't know what they're talking about. So I guess you've agreed with Childress' decision to sign McMahon, sign him to a 1 million dollar signing bonus only to cut him before camp, signing Bollinger as a reliable back-up for Jackson, and all the other brilliant moves made the first two and a half years of his tenure.
    If true, I suppose you should change your username to Childressismydaddy.
    Why don't you take the time to read the Forum Rules.
    Pay attention to the personal attacks and not taking everything people say seriously.
    Do that, and you will be ok.
    Wanting to get offended by someboy's reply to your opinion, you are doomed.

[size=10pt]FORUM RULES[/size]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Southernpike" wrote:
    So anyone who questions Childress by definition doesn't know what they're talking about. So I guess you've agreed with Childress' decision to sign McMahon, sign him to a 1 million dollar signing bonus only to cut him before camp, signing Bollinger as a reliable back-up for Jackson, and all the other brilliant moves made the first two and a half years of his tenure.
    If true, I suppose you should change your username to Childressismydaddy.
    Hmmmm, wonder if that is directed at me?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Yup..nothing this team likes better than a project QB. When has that ever been acceptable in the NFL. A project QB? Have a project Wr, project TE, project DE. Not Qb. For a QB you go for a Groomed QB or didn't Tjack teach of that already? Brohm is a kid that throws the ball great his slip his senior year was during:

1) A Coaching change
    2) System change

I hear ya and agree with your rationale, however, that plan kindof tracks with a team that has a established roster (ala the Colts).

But when you start out (ala the Colts) you take a kid and live with him for a couple of years and take another guy that you can groom to be a Backup/starter as well (Sorgi).

;D
    Marr. you are the eternal optomistic and I love you for it. I however, believe that this team is starting to develop a dangerous trend. I think our head coach, is gettting to cute with his offensive ability. I think his ego needs to be dropped a few levels. I don't understand how a team that is as flawed as we are offensively can continue to hope to just get by. Saftey should not have been a 1st day pick. There are a lot of safties left in that would have been there in the 4th round. Teams like the cards and skins a stockpileing offensive talent while we aren't. If the cards think they need a 3rd WR with the core they have...Wtf... do we need. The Wrs for the skins are better than what we have and they have addressed that area as well. I'm not going to comment about Tjack but I think passing on Brohm at that level is a joke. The Packs who invested a 1st in their starter, realized that having a back up plan is important. We however, are satisfied in addressing our backup plan in the 6th round? I know Childress doesn't run the draft but I believe he communicates what he feels is the most important positions to address and in what order. He is getting too cute and the Vikes are suffering for it.
    All I can tell you is that I just don't have your concern over the offense.

Sure they have some questions at some of the skilled positions but I believe those kids are talented and the reps they got last year (that most people base thier opinion on) will go a long way in thier accelerated development.

By the way.
    You do realize that the Chiller isn't running the ship all by himself.
    He has told the front office what his needs are and the Scouts under Spielmans leadership are getting the right guys were the value is there.

Trust me.
    We will see a QB come off the board and it will be a good one.
    Maybe just not what us fans expected.

Again, this team got better during FA.
    It got better with our first pick and I have no doubt that Spielman (not the Chiller) will continue to make the right moves today to make us better, not only for this year but for years to come.

Hang with me my friend.
    It is getting better.

;D
    Marr in 2035:

Hang with me my friend.
    It is getting better.
    [img width=450 height=667]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/denjahn/old_man_face_web.jpg[/img]

Now, where did I put my purple Metamucil?
    Now your just trying to crack me up.......

Well played my friend.
    How do you like the Booty call by the way.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=44447.msg769854#msg769854 date=1209307463]

1) A Coaching change
    2) System change

;D
    All I can tell you is that I just don't have your concern over the offense.

Sure they have some questions at some of the skilled positions but I believe those kids are talented and the reps they got last year (that most people base thier opinion on) will go a long way in thier accelerated development.

By the way.
    You do realize that the Chiller isn't running the ship all by himself.
    He has told the front office what his needs are and the Scouts under Spielmans leadership are getting the right guys were the value is there.

Trust me.
    We will see a QB come off the board and it will be a good one.
    Maybe just not what us fans expected.

Again, this team got better during FA.
    It got better with our first pick and I have no doubt that Spielman (not the Chiller) will continue to make the right moves today to make us better, not only for this year but for years to come.

Hang with me my friend.
    It is getting better.

;D
    Marr in 2035:

Hang with me my friend.
    It is getting better.
    [img width=450 height=667]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/denjahn/old_man_face_web.jpg[/img]

Now, where did I put my purple Metamucil?
    Now your just trying to crack me up.......

Well played my friend.
    How do you like the Booty call by the way.

[/quote]

I really know nothing about him other than we can have a fun time making jokes about his name.I have been saying for a while that the team will have opportunities to add depth to the O-line after the teams that drafted OT's high in the draft clear out their roster to make room for those picks so if the FO is diligent we can address the need before camp or into camp and hopefully we can sign a few guys to bolster the unit there. If they do that I am happy as that is the one thing I have been happy about for some time.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

fuck brian brohm

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011