Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    mogwai is offline Starter

Re: Brees requests 10,000,000 per year!!!/pos cpep to mia still

brees was becoming a very good qb until the injury.his last 2 seasons have been well above avg. i don't think he is overrated at all.he is the best by far in this thin qb free agency season..

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

"mogwai" wrote:
    brees was becoming a very good qb until the injury.his last 2 seasons have been well above avg. i don't think he is overrated at all.he is the best by far in this thin qb free agency season..
    that is a horrible statement considering the 2 best qbs right now are c-pep and brees who are both coming off HUGE injuries and they are the most touted hmm....

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Too much money for Brees...let the Saints have him. Then trade Pep to the Dolphins...pick up a young veteran backup for BJ that may possibly develop into a starter...and draft a QB next year.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

That's alot of loot for a QB that is coming off of surgery to his throwing shoulder.. That has to be somewhere in the ballpark of what Peyton Manning is making... Seriously though, is Brees worth that much per season? If that is his asking price, I am kinda glad the Vikes aren't pursuing him.. If this is the case, who are we going to get to backup BJ? Hopefully that issue gets solved rather quickly..

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Brees requests 10,000,000 per year!!!/pos cpep to mia st

I'm pretty sure that we won't be getting Brees if we have to pay 10 mill. a year for him. It looks like we'll be using Brad Johnson as our starter next year and maybe be drafting a QB this year.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

To much money!! Sounds like he heard about our owner's loose wallet! To bad, we have an injured QB, don't need another one!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

mogwai is offline Starter

matt schaub is a free agent next season.i have to wonder if the vikes are planning on signing him next year. brad this year matt starting next year.that's what i'm hoping for

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that we won't be getting Brees if we have to pay 10 mill. a year for him. It looks like we'll be using Brad Johnson as our starter next year and maybe be drafting a QB this year.

The thing that freaks me out about that is if BJ gets hurt, who in the hell are we going to have to back him up and win us some games? The Vikings need to do something quickly before our options are gone. I have a feeling we will end up with either Ferotte, or Ramsey..

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

I like cajunvike's suggestion. Go with Brad, sign McCown as his backup and draft a QB next year. Of course, I'm a trustin that draft pick will be number 32 in the first round. Could be a reach. Might be better to grab one this year with the 'mythical' 2nd round pick for Culpepper. Alternatively, I wouldn't be adverse to keeping Culpepper. Especially as opposed to outright cutting him. Make him Brad's back up. HOPEFULLY, he would come around to thinkin straight, and learning the WCO in his spare time, when he's not running the opponent's offense in practice. Maybe get a fire in his belly about mid season, when the team needs a spark off the bench.Redemption can be a strong motivator. THEN trade his selfish butt at a higher value. Or keep him, if the redemtion is truly a holy one. If only...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"mogwai" wrote:
    its not like his injury was holding him back at all last season. he got injured the last game of the season. I would like to have him, but 10mill is WAAAAAAYyYYYY too much for a guy who only had one good year (wasn't even great either) He's probably just throwing a number out there, hoping that a team will negotiate down to something like 8 mill. instead of asking 8 mill and signing for 7.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast