Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brees

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

Brees

Wishful thinking here, probably wont happen, but what if we go after Drew Drees now that whiner boy is gone?

Re: Brees

VIKES SHIP CULPEPPER TO FINS

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the Minnesota Vikings have traded quarterback Daunte Culpepper to the Miami Dolphins for a second-round selection in the 2006 draft.

The deal is contingent on Culpepper passing a physical.

The move means that the Dolphins are now out of the running for Drew Brees, who was weighing offers from both the Saints and the Fins. We continue to hear that Brees does not want to go to New Orleans, but he might now be out of options.

The Vikings recently did a deal with Brees' agent, Tom Condon, regarding guard Steve Hutchinson. Perhaps now that the Vikes have moved their long-term answer at quarterback out of town, Minny might give Condon a call about Brees.

Culpepper was the team's eleventh overall selection in the 1999 draft. The pick had been obtained from the Redskins as part of a trade for quarterback Brad Johnson, who ironically now presumes the No. 1 spot on the Vikings' depth chart.

It is from ProFootball Talk.com

Prophet Guest

Why is that wishful thinking? Brees doesn't like 'Nawlins it appears and the Vikings have a few extra million in the cap coffers. Brees is looking for a home. Maybe.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

IMo he's no Daunte but whatever....anything is better than the situation we are now in

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I mean Brees this hold time could have been holding out to see what we did with Daunte. I wouldnt be surpirsed to see outta nowhere, Vikings land Brees. Think about it...First, who wants to play for the Saints? I mean it sounds cocky, but its the truth. Secondly, Miami and Detroit, both just signed thier "number 1" QB's.That leaves Oakland,New York(Jets), Saints,Vikings and a couple other less intrested teams. Now look at the teams and thier situations....out of all of those, which team looks the most attractive. Then think which team do you have Ties to? Which team is on the verge of Greatness? Us. All signs point to him coming here, does this mean I think he is for sure going to be our QB next year...NO! I'm sayin, I wouldnt be shocked if outta nowhere we signed him, becuz all along he was in talks with us.Us dealing with his agent, who is also dealin with Hutch and us....probably telling Brees...they gotta good team over there...A player from a SuperBowl team wants to leave that team to play here....you know?

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

yeah, brees could come here but i doubt it will happen.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I mean Brees this hold time could have been holding out to see what we did with Daunte. I wouldnt be surpirsed to see outta nowhere, Vikings land Brees. Think about it...First, who wants to play for the Saints? I mean it sounds cocky, but its the truth. Secondly, Miami and Detroit, both just signed thier "number 1" QB's.That leaves Oakland,New York(Jets), Saints,Vikings and a couple other less intrested teams. Now look at the teams and thier situations....out of all of those, which team looks the most attractive. Then think which team do you have Ties to? Which team is on the verge of Greatness? Us. All signs point to him coming here, does this mean I think he is for sure going to be our QB next year...NO! I'm sayin, I wouldnt be shocked if outta nowhere we signed him, becuz all along he was in talks with us.Us dealing with his agent, who is also dealin with Hutch and us....probably telling Brees...they gotta good team over there...A player from a SuperBowl team wants to leave that team to play here....you know?

You bring up a valuble point, but (as stated in the Daunte thread) Paul Allen on KFAN with the Common Man that he sees the Vikings sending the 2nd rounder from Miami to ATL for Schaub as a possibility now.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

HerdDaVikes is offline Rookie

Saints | Six-year deal reached with Brees
    Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:45:18 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New Orleans Saints have reached a six-year deal with free agent QB Drew Brees (Chargers). Financial terms of the deal are not yet available.

Looks like BJ is our best hope!!!

NFL Networks line at the bottom just reported that Brees agreed to terms on a deal with New Orleans

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I don't see how he is going to help us. What I want is to find a way to get Schaub from the Falcons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast