Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    FinNasty23 is offline Rookie

Re: Brandon Marshall - STEAL of the Draft

I wanted to inform some of the people on this site, since most havent heard about him. He is pretty unknown unless you live in Florida.

The guy is an animal. In the Hawaii Bowl(UCF's Bowl game), on the biggest stage he has ever been on... he had 11rec for 210 yards and 3TDs!

And then followed it up with a 130 yards and a TD in the Hula Bowl(like the Senior Bowl). Throughout that week, scouts and coaches loved him in practice. He was the best and most dominant player all week in practice and in the game as well...

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

To be the SOD I think you have to be drafted first and then play at an unexpected level of play above that at which you were drafted. To talk about someone being the SOD before they are even drafted or play a single down in the NFL is kind of pointless. To be an SOD you actually have to win a starting position on the team that drafts you. Which WR on our team do you think he is going to knock out of a starting position if we draft him? :wink:

WWBGD

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "FinNasty23" wrote:
    "FavreSucks!" wrote:
    To:Finnasty
    Miama Sucks!
    To: FavreSucks!

It is spelt M-I-A-M-I... :roll:
    Gives vikings fans a bad name.. :roll:
    Its all good bro...

"RK." wrote:
    To be the SOD I think you have to be drafted first and then play at an unexpected level of play above that at which you were drafted. To talk about someone being the SOD before they are even drafted or play a single down in the NFL is kind of pointless. To be an SOD you actually have to win a starting position on the team that drafts you. Which WR on our team do you think he is going to knock out of a starting position if we draft him? :wink:
    Obviously... I am just saying I think he will end up being the steal of the draft...

And I am not saying he will be the OROY... and will immediatly explode in the NFL... but he will become a dominant player.

And I think with in a year, he would claim the #2 on your team...

Are there any "Draft Gurus" on this site? I am curious what they think about him...

the steal of the draf is going to be Derek Hagan from ASU.

The most powerful character in Final Fantasy history

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"FinNasty23" wrote:
    Brandon Marshall - WR - UCF

6'4" & 5/8ths - 230lbs - 4.45 40 yard dash

He will be the steal of this draft. I dont know if you guys know much about him, because UCF doesnt exactly get alot of national coverage... but the guy is a stud. He is huge and can physically dominate CBs. He is almost impossible to press... especially for smaller CBs. He is a short strider, so he is much quicker than most his size... and it allows him to get in and out of his cuts faster. Marshall is agressive when the ball is in the air and catches it with his hands and doesnt allow it to get into his body often... And he is great at using his big body to shield the ball from defenders. Also, he is fearless across the middle.

One thing hurting him is the fact that he didnt play WR his junior year. After the defense was devistated by injuries... B-Marsh was moved to safety in a "Troy Brown" type situation to help out. However, he led the defense that year in tackles.

Also, the scouts at the combine nicknamed him "Baby T.O." because of his similar size, quickness, and playing style. (Not to worry... Marshall is a great guy, it had nothing to do with off the field issues)

Right now he is projected to go in the 3rd... but I guarentee he will be a steal of this draft...
    Sounds like the same thing "they" said about Mike Williams, and, well....

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "FinNasty23" wrote:
    Brandon Marshall - WR - UCF

6'4" & 5/8ths - 230lbs - 4.45 40 yard dash

He will be the steal of this draft. I dont know if you guys know much about him, because UCF doesnt exactly get alot of national coverage... but the guy is a stud. He is huge and can physically dominate CBs. He is almost impossible to press... especially for smaller CBs. He is a short strider, so he is much quicker than most his size... and it allows him to get in and out of his cuts faster. Marshall is agressive when the ball is in the air and catches it with his hands and doesnt allow it to get into his body often... And he is great at using his big body to shield the ball from defenders. Also, he is fearless across the middle.

One thing hurting him is the fact that he didnt play WR his junior year. After the defense was devistated by injuries... B-Marsh was moved to safety in a "Troy Brown" type situation to help out. However, he led the defense that year in tackles.

Also, the scouts at the combine nicknamed him "Baby T.O." because of his similar size, quickness, and playing style. (Not to worry... Marshall is a great guy, it had nothing to do with off the field issues)

Right now he is projected to go in the 3rd... but I guarentee he will be a steal of this draft...
    Sounds like the same thing "they" said about Mike Williams, and, well....
    Except Marshall is a hard worker. He doesnt have weight problems either...

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"FinNasty23" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Yupp hes gotta lotta tools to take it to the next level. I'd love to see us draft this guy,we need a endzone jumper now that M-Rob is gettin up there in age.
    have you seen him play?

Ya I've seen him play quite alot ( I live in Florida) and 2 of my friends go to UCF and rave about him all the time. Hes got the skill and the tools...I think he'll get his dues and drafted somewhere between the 3rd and 5th round.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"FinNasty23" wrote:
    Yupp hes gotta lotta tools to take it to the next level. I'd love to see us draft this guy,we need a endzone jumper now that M-Rob is gettin up there in age.
    have you seen him play?

Ya I've seen him play quite alot ( I live in Florida) and 2 of my friends go to UCF and rave about him all the time. Hes got the skill and the tools...I think he'll get his dues and drafted somewhere between the 3rd and 5th round.
    oh true... ya, I go to UCF also. The only people that have even heard of him are ones that live in Florida...

UCF gets no exposure... so not many people know of him...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast