Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DogPound is offline Rookie

Re: *****Brand New Mock*****

First off the Texans want Bush very bad...they are not gonna trade..second we will draft a running back or linebacker ....depending on who slips and who's left....My thoughts are White,Maroney..and maybe Greenway?
    ~ I BLEED PURPLE!! ~

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

yea i rechecked and i was wrong
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfldraftorder&prov=st&type=lgns
    but i have a question about this link. where it says coin flip does that mean the 49ers can become the 6th pick

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Vince is coming out .... so this thing is already scewed ... it makes no sense to mock when all the players that are going to or not delcare havn't done so already .... IMO

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

By the way, Pope is a much better ALL AROUND T.E. then V.D. and Mercedes .... he can actually block where V.D. and Mercedes are glorified, puffed up WR's ... I take Pope, otherwise we end up in the same position as we are now in, keeping an additional strictly blocking TE on the roster and telegraphing to the "D" when we are going to run / pass by the personel package we send on the field.

Oh by the way, no TE for the VIkes first round ... to many other area's of concern. OL, LB, RB just to name a few.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

I don't believe Lendale, Maroney or Williams fall that far, it would be ridiculous to pass any of them up if they get a chance. Who doesn't need running backs, especially the Vikes. WHITE to the Vikes!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I'll bet ya that one of them drops to us. Thier not freaks of nature like Bush and Young are. Not every team needs a RB, in fact, alot dont.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    NO way we take a TE over two or three RBs that are much better fits for our offense...Wiggins is being paid what he is because that is what the market value is for him...but I think that he is a steal at that price...we don't replace our leading receiver of the last two years just like that!

Better to replace a bunch of underperforming RBs with a rookie that will come in ala Cadillac Williams and turn around our bland, moribund offense!
    I agree

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

It is tough to speculate until you get a couple of the combines done and see how players score and get an idea of whose stock is rising and whose is falling.

Right now I am more concerned about getting the Viking coaching staff in place, and hearing how the evaluate the players from last year, our free agents, and other free agents. Who will they keep from last years team and who will they let go? It will give us a better idea what we need to do in the draft once some of these questions are answered.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

XxS2TheEvoxX is offline Pro-Bowler

IF DeAngelo fell to us, there is no way we could pass that up... he's going to be GREAT.

While Vernon Davis is going to be an amazing player, Tight End really isn't a position of need for us right now. Wiggins has been producing, and until he stops... we don't need another tight end.

One of the top tier runningbacks will be avaliable when we pick, but I'm still not too sure if we'll address that in free agency or via trade.

It's doubtful that Williams falls to us... but either Maroney or LenDale White should be avaliable.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"whackthepack" wrote:
    It is tough to speculate until you get a couple of the combines done and see how players score and get an idea of whose stock is rising and whose is falling.

Right now I am more concerned about getting the Viking coaching staff in place, and hearing how the evaluate the players from last year, our free agents, and other free agents. Who will they keep from last years team and who will they let go? It will give us a better idea what we need to do in the draft once some of these questions are answered.
    This is the most sensible post I think I have ever read!

Nice job Whack!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast