Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

*****Brand New Mock*****

1) San Francisco – (t/Houston) – Reggie Bush – I think that Bush is the only player that warrants a trade up. The Texans, happy with former OROY Domanick Davis, trade their pick to the 49ers. A good move for both teams.

2) New Orleans – Matt Leinart – The Titans and Jets were both hoping for him to slip, but the Saints snag him. It is a crushing blow for Tennessee.

3) Tennessee – D’Brickashaw Ferguson – As stated above, Leinart was “their guy�, but they still get a quality player in Ferguson.

4) New York Jets – Mario Williams – Well, Shaun Ellis and John Abraham both deserve to start but with John Abraham being a big question mark, this would be a good pick. Also, if Abraham re-signs, that still doesn’t rule out this pick. Remember the Saints picking Will Smith with Charles Grant and Darren Howard already on their roster?

5) Green Bay – Haloti Ngata – Conventional wisdom says A.J. Hawk is the right pick, but conventional wisdom also tells us that Cullen Jenkins should not be a starter. Plus, A.J. Hawk is just too predictable.

6) Oakland – A.J. Hawk – Oakland has lacked a good rush end for a while now, so Mathias Kiwanuka would be a decent pick here. But, the Raiders found Derrick Burgess, the biggest FA steal of 2005 so it isn’t a big need. Bobby Hamilton, the current DE, is also an under rated run-stuffer. Hawk would team with Danny Clark and Kirk Morrison to form a young and talented LB core, with the starting LB’s average age 24.

7) Houston – (t/San Francisco) – Jonathan Scott – I have not seen enough of Scott, Eric Winston, or Winston Justice to decide who is the pick here. One thing is almost a given, it will be an OT.

8) Buffalo – Jimmy Williams – The Bills were willing to reach for a DT here but either Orien Harris or Claude Wroten would have been a MASSIVE reach. If they lose Nate Clements to FA, this would be a good pick. If they deem Terrence McGee unworthy to hold down a starting job, this would also be a good pick. He can also play FS where he could eventually take over for the 34 year old Troy Vincent.

9) Detroit – Mathias Kiwanuka – James Hall and Kalimba Edwards are both pretty good. But neither is Mr. Consistent and the Lions could use another guy in the mix.

10) Arizona – Jay Cutler – Kurt Warner is in his mid 30’s and Josh McCown is not a starter. It wouldn’t surprise many people to see Cutler rise into the top 15, I just think he will rise even further. All the way into the top 10. Also, don’t be fooled by Josh McCown, just because he throws for 300 yards a game that doesn’t erase his 2-3 interceptions.

11) St. Louis – Michael Huff – Picture this… The Rams lose Adam Archuleta to free agency. They try to bring some stability to their secondary by picking Huff. It then occurs to them that with Huff’s versatility he could start at any position in the secondary. So, the pick is the simple part. Trying to find Huff’s true position is not so easy.

12) Cleveland – Joe Thomas – Well, this could’ve been Darnell Bing but Chris Crocker is having a fine year. This pick enables them to move L.J. Shelton to either guard or right tackle.

13) Baltimore – Darnell Bing – He can compete with Will Demps for the starting safety spot. Also, we will have to see how Demps does in recovering from his injury. This solidifies a dominant Baltimore secondary.

14) Philadelphia – Santonio Holmes – The Eagles are a solid team, with a massive hole at wide receiver. Holmes can team with Reggie Brown to form a strong young WR core with potential nearing that of Arizona’s WR tandem.

15) Atlanta – Tamba Hali – Hali is a guy that flew under the radar for much of the year. Brady Smith is coming off an injury and he is already up there in age. A solid pick.

16) Miami – Chad Greenway – Junior Seau? Donnie Spragan? Neither of those two seems to be the long-term solution at OLB, so the Dolphins grab former Iowa standout Greenway. DeAngelo Williams continues his fall due to the talented Miami backfield.

17) Minnesota – Vernon Davis – Jermaine Wiggins makes some plays but is getting paid only $1 million-a-year for a reason. He can’t hold up in blocking. Minnesota decides to grab Davis who can catch, block, and break tackles. People are starting to feel sorry for DeAngelo Williams by now.

18) Dallas – Marcus McNeill – They’re stacked at RB so they grab McNeill, who will start over Petitti from Day 1.

19) San Diego – Laron Landry – They already have a relatively young secondary but very few playmakers. This pick would give them one.

20) Kansas City – Rod Wright – Jared Allen is a star in the making at DE. Wright would help take the heat off Allen and former teammate Derrick Johnson. Rodrique must be kicking himself for not entering the draft after his junior year, where he could have been a top 15 pick.

21) New England – DeAngelo Williams – This was a slide comparable to that of Aaron Rodgers, both were at the wrong position at the wrong time. None of the teams picking 11-20 had a need at RB, which, obviously led to the slide.

22) Denver – (f/Washington) – Claude Wroten – The big man from LSU fits into Denver’s system nicely. It appears that Wroten is “their guy�. This is a solid pick for the already solid Broncos.

23) Tampa Bay – Demeco Ryans – Laurence Maroney or Marcedes Lewis would be the value picks here but the Bucs already have Cadillac Williams and Alex Smith at those positions so they are set. Ryans could probably start over Ryan Nece or else sit a year and learn from one of the best in the business Derrick Brooks.

24) Carolina – Marcedes Lewis – Kris Mangum isn’t the answer at TE and Lewis might be some people’s top TE. I have Vernon Davis going before him due to his performance at the combine, which most people believe will be great.

25) Chicago – Leonard Pope – I think that Marcedes Lewis was probably going to be their pick but they came up one pick short. Pope is a TE that I think has as much potential as any other TE in the draft.

26) Cincinnati – Jesse Mahelona – Bryan Robinson and John Thornton are nothing special, Mahelona is. Jesse Mahelona has dominated at just about every level, Ju-Co, Div. I, and coming soon, NFL.

27) Pittsburgh – LenDale White – This is a no-brainer, the unanimous decision. No one in the draft is a better fit for the Steelers.

28) New York Giants – Laurence Maroney – Not really a need but Tiki Barber is 30 and Brandon Jacobs might not ever be an every down back.

29) Jacksonville – Antonio Cromartie – I think that cornerback is the obvious pick here, the question is, who? Some people like Clemson product Tye Hill, but I personally think Cromartie is the best available cornerback at this point.

30) Denver – Ko Simpson – John Lynch had a great career, but, at 34 it’s probably time to start finding him a replacement. Simpson is just their guy.

31) Seattle – Manny Lawson – The Seahawks are a solid team with few holes. By drafting Lawson they fill perhaps their biggest need which is at DE. If anyone out there is thinking that this is too big of a reach just remember these two words, Chris Spencer.

32) Indianapolis – Thomas Howard – Outside LB appears to be one of their biggest needs and Howard would be the only logical pick. Until recently, A.J. Nicholson would have been a possibility here but we all know how that went down.

I left out Vince Young because he hasn't declared yet. I feel that he is such an impact player that I can't put him on until he officially declares.

If you give it a D or an F please give feedback.

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Re: *****Brand New Mock*****

Nice. Looks about right.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

thanks

ouch, an F! Who was that?

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Good Mock, I rate it a C.

MN's pick is questionable. I have been a big VD supporter but with DeAngelo (the next Clinton Portis) and White still on board we would be foolish to not pick either.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    thanks

ouch, an F! Who was that?
    Probably a browser.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

ya, i would rather if the vikes grabbed lendale but they are pretty good at letting us all down, i think.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I have to believe that if Deangelo Williams is there when we pick, we are taking him. We have absolutely no need for another TE, let alone waste a 1st rounder on one.

I also believe that the Packers need a RB more than a OLB, since they will likely not bring back Ahman Green, and an IR list of RBs is not the answer.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

DeAngelo is the most underrated player in this draft dude..

He puts up amazing numbers with no line and a 4th string QB that played WR this year.. He is great

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Vernon Davis! Agh! Who is this, Napo? :lol: The only problem I see with it is the fact that Houston said today that they would draft Bush at #1 if he declares, so there probably won't be a trade.

Prophet Guest

Can you imagine the threads if we draft Vernon Davis in the first? Talk about entertaining.

Come to think of it, no matter who we draft in the first it will be entertaining.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast