Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brady Quinn

Re: Brady Quinn

"mr.woo" wrote:
    or how about instead we pick up troy smith? form THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!!!! he is an absolute playmaker who kicks it up another notch in big games. proof of that are the two michigan games and the notre dame game. heck ill even say the texas game and admit that tressle was dumb to put zwick back in. if troy woulda stayed in texas would have lost.
    TEXAS WOULD HAVE LOST!??? BLASPHEMY!!
    How bout you sideburns.. You want somma this milk??

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    The only thing Vince has proven is that he can succeed in college. College and the Pro's are two different things, and success in college doesn't always translate into success in the Pro's. Cutler was on a bad team, period. You can't succeed on a crappy team. Put him on Texas' team and I bet he would have had success like Young did.

Vince Young will be a good QB if and only if he gets into the right system and with the right coaches. The WCO is not one of those right systems for him. Cutler is a much better fit for the WCO and also has the game that seems to translate better from college into the Pro's.
    Great point muchluv!

I am saving this!
    Yes! Thank you muchluv...finally someone who knows what they are talking about!

"mr.woo" wrote:
    or how about instead we pick up troy smith? form THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!!!! he is an absolute playmaker who kicks it up another notch in big games. proof of that are the two michigan games and the notre dame game. heck ill even say the texas game and admit that tressle was dumb to put zwick back in. if troy woulda stayed in texas would have lost.
    So you DO have a shift button!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Screw Vince Young!

Troy Smith all the way!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Come all without, come all within,
    You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.

:lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Texas_Viking" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    TEXAS WOULD HAVE LOST!??? BLASPHEMY!!
    UT SUCKS!!!

And the ONLY "The Ville" is St. Martinville in Louisiana...the place where LSU's point guard (the BBall team that whupped UT this year) is from!!! :razz:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Big C is offline Coordinator

Aaron Rodgers fell to #24 last year (2nd best QB). Who would have thought that Mike Williams would fall to the Lions and that that LB (Johnson?) would fall to KC?

Steven Jackson fell to the twenties the year before (best RB in draft).

I have a feeling that either Cutler or Young will slide to #17. We should stay put at #17 and make good use of the 5 first 3 round picks.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "Texas_Viking" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "Texas_Viking" wrote:
    I think just about everyone here at P.P.O is in agreement that the Vikes are in need of a quarterback. Yeah we got Johnson now.. he's a great player and leader. I'm not really sure about the whole Mike McMahon thing. He might be alright for now, but I don't think he's the next FRANCHISE quarterback of the vikings. In my OPINION.. not that it counts for all that much.. I feel like we need to trade up for Leinart or Vince this year. If we don't.. we need to take our drafts this year and make them count. Then next year we need to put ourselves in a position to get someone like Brady Quinn of Notre Dame. This guy.. along with Weiss turned that football team around this year. Look at his numbers this year. He had over 30 TD's and well over 3000 yards passing. I think this guy is the real deal...let me know what you think..

Quinn is a decent QB, but I am not as quick as a lot of people to label him the next great thing at QB. Weiss is a HUGE reason why Quinn had as big of a year as he did last year. A great offensive system in college, can make QB's look much much better then they actually are. This is why Florida QB's always looked great under spurrier, but stunk in the NFL.

I am not saying Quinn stinks like the florida QB's actually did, but I do think he is being overrated a little bit thanks to Weiss great system. Quinn will more then likely have another really good year under Weiss and be a top 10 pick in next years draft, and I just don't see him being worth that. Plus throw in the fact that we will be picking at the bottom of next years draft.

If we can keep a 2nd in this years draft and still move up to get Cutler(not Vince Young, he isn't a good fit for the WCO), I think we should absolutely do it. Then use the 2nd on D'Quell Jackson from Maryland.
    You might be right about Weiss and his system.. that may be part of the reason Quinn did so well. But he's still one of the best out there right now. I think Cutler is HYPE... Vince is a PROVEN... winner.. Key word being PROVEN. Cutler has shown, Proven.. sh**, nothing..

The only thing Vince has proven is that he can succeed in college. College and the Pro's are two different things, and success in college doesn't always translate into success in the Pro's. Cutler was on a bad team, period. You can't succeed on a crappy team. Put him on Texas' team and I bet he would have had success like Young did.

Vince Young will be a good QB if and only if he gets into the right system and with the right coaches. The WCO is not one of those right systems for him. Cutler is a much better fit for the WCO and also has the game that seems to translate better from college into the Pro's.

two words: GINO TORRETTA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123