Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brady Quinn

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Brady Quinn

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    Quinn's overrated. He would have been picked after Leinart had he declared this year. Why is there all this hype around him? Now Drew Stanton is a different story. If he is around the time we pick in the 1st (likely 18-22), we should definitely grab him. Also look at Jordan Palmer in the early 2nd.

I am also a huge Drew Stanton fan. Would not mind him in Purple and Gold at all.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

"Texas_Viking" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:
    Quinn's overrated. He would have been picked after Leinart had he declared this year. Why is there all this hype around him? Now Drew Stanton is a different story. If he is around the time we pick in the 1st (likely 18-22), we should definitely grab him. Also look at Jordan Palmer in the early 2nd.
    Just about everyone is going to be picked after Leinart.. but I agree with you on Palmer.. he's pretty dang good. and he might not cost us too much next year.
    Yeah, I'm a big Palmer fan. My point about Quinn was that if he truly was the next coming of God (as many believe), would he not have been a top 10 pick after his junior year. Remember, Leinart could've been #1.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    The only thing Vince has proven is that he can succeed in college. College and the Pro's are two different things, and success in college doesn't always translate into success in the Pro's. Cutler was on a bad team, period. You can't succeed on a crappy team. Put him on Texas' team and I bet he would have had success like Young did.

Vince Young will be a good QB if and only if he gets into the right system and with the right coaches. The WCO is not one of those right systems for him. Cutler is a much better fit for the WCO and also has the game that seems to translate better from college into the Pro's.
    Great point muchluv!

I am saving this!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Hey Montana was drafted in the second- third round...and I love Quinn...he will be awesome in the NFL

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    Hey Montana was drafted in the second- third round...and I love Quinn...he will be awesome in the NFL
    You're right. and i know that tom brady went in the 6th. But Brady Quinn has not proven himself worthy of a top 10 pick, so he is behind Matt Leinart in terms of development.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

not proven ...hes back for his senior year...,i guess will see lol

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    not proven ...hes back for his senior year...,i guess will see lol
    Exactly, he is back for his senior year. And he could be the surefire #1 pick in 2006. It wouldn't surprise me a bit. He has just gotten a little too much hype as of late.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

or how about instead we pick up troy smith? form THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!!!! he is an absolute playmaker who kicks it up another notch in big games. proof of that are the two michigan games and the notre dame game. heck ill even say the texas game and admit that tressle was dumb to put zwick back in. if troy woulda stayed in texas would have lost.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

"mr.woo" wrote:
    or how about instead we pick up troy smith? form THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!!!! he is an absolute playmaker who kicks it up another notch in big games. proof of that are the two michigan games and the notre dame game. heck ill even say the texas game and admit that tressle was dumb to put zwick back in. if troy woulda stayed in texas would have lost.
    Troy Smith is a true playmaker, but will he be that in the NFL. He seems kind of scrappy to me. Kind of a Michael Robinson. I'd say we should look for a pocket passer who can scramble if need be (Drew Stanton).

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Draft Stanton? BRILLIANT!! :shock:
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast