Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Re:Brad Childress and Double-Standards

The double standard is embarrassing. It makes the Vikings appear like the most poorly run organization in sports.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I think from a fans perspective that's what we would like to see. From a coaches perspective there might be more to it. Might be a case where they can work out a better punishment than just a fine(which likely means little to Peterson anyway). Perhaps getting Peterson to spend extra time in the film room or extra time working with Gerhart, make up the time he missed. If Childress has not yet talked to Peterson that needs to happen asap.
    I think from a fan's perspective that we are starting to have an expectation that we have to know everything that happens. And I'm not sure I like that. If AD is punished, do we really need to know that it has happened?
    As a fan, hell yeah. As a GM or coach, hell no.
    I'm beginning to disagree. The more than fan believes he/she has a right to know exactly what goes on inside the locker room/coach's office, the less comfortable those become for the men using them. If team cohesion is critical to the success of the team (and I believe it is), then I side with let them handle it internally.

=Z=
    I have never felt that the mandatory disclosure of injuries was a positive element. IMO, it removes an element of gamesmanship from the entire process. The only people it benefits is the other team, the gamblers, and the fantasy football players.

Nor do I believe that reporters should have access to the locker rooms...EVER. It's occasionally neat to see a post game celebration, but let's be honest, the forced sound bites are usually so crappy - and the questions typically either canned or retarded (Especially by Pam Oliver) - that we can all wait a few more minutes to get the quote at the post game interview.

Player punishments are simply another bullshit proceeding... Really? You're going to FINE Adrian Peterson? How much? ten grand? Impressive....for a guy who makes 100K a year. But a guy who makes MILLIONS, that's like a 20 dollar slap. The only REAL punishment is game suspensions with loss of pay - like Roethlisberger got - and every time one of those is handed out, they usually reduce them later (Vicks was reduced to 4, Ben's will be too most likely).

Face it, fans don't pay to see AP on the bench. And AP doesn't play for free. That's why the whole thing is a joke. All the bargaining power is on the side of the star players. Roger knows that, Brad knows that, and the Players know too. So, IMO they can stop telling me about fines for missing silly meetings and "mandatory" training days...I simply don't care about them. Especially since missing those 3 days isn't likely to alter Adrian's success one iota...

Caine

Chiller had a BDay yesterday (6/27) maybe he will be wiser.........

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Tad7 wrote:
    The double standard is embarrassing. It makes the Vikings appear like the most poorly run organization in sports.
    There is no double standard. You are comparing the Vikings to the Raiders with that comment.

Just because Peterson hasnt been fined yet that we fans know of it is automatically a double standard because Favre dont need to show up?

I for one am glad that Peterson was gone, it allowed our other backs to get more work with the first team. Dont go and start saying that Peterson needs to work on holding onto the ball better because the best backs that ever played the game fumbled just as much if not more in their first 4 seasons.

Get over it people.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

PackSux! wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:
    There is no double standard. You are comparing the Vikings to the Raiders with that comment.

Just because Peterson hasnt been fined yet that we fans know of it is automatically a double standard because Favre dont need to show up?

I for one am glad that Peterson was gone, it allowed our other backs to get more work with the first team. Dont go and start saying that Peterson needs to work on holding onto the ball better because the best backs that ever played the game fumbled just as much if not more in their first 4 seasons.

Get over it people.
    So what you are saying is it's okay that AP fumbles all the time just because othr great backs had a similar issue. But according to you there is no needs to do anything about it. Yeah, just let him keep fumbling the ball. No reason to fix that problem :huh:

ejmat wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:

Get over it people.
    So what you are saying is it's okay that AP fumbles all the time just because othr great backs had a similar issue. But according to you there is no needs to do anything about it. Yeah, just let him keep fumbling the ball. No reason to fix that problem :huh:
    Seriously?

So Peterson showing up for them few days would of stopped his fumbling problem?

Like I said, get over it people.

PackSux! wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:

Get over it people.
    Seriously?

Yes, seriously. The point is not whether his being there those 3 days would fix his problem. However, the more practice he gets, the better because there is more to learn than just holding onto a football. It is his job. There is no reason his little parade couldn't have been scheduled between camp days. None! So in this case, it's unacceptable.

But according to you it's okay just to skip your job for 3 days. If you did that at your job would you be disciplined over it or would your boss be a little pissed at you? I can tell you as a person that manages people I'd be somewhat peaved.

ejmat wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:

Get over it people.
    Seriously?

Yes, seriously. The point is not whether his being there those 3 days would fix his problem. However, the more practice he gets, the better because there is more to learn than just holding onto a football. It is his job. There is no reason his little parade couldn't have been scheduled between camp days. None! So in this case, it's unacceptable.

But according to you it's okay just to skip your job for 3 days. If you did that at your job would you be disciplined over it or would your boss be a little pissed at you? I can tell you as a person that manages people I'd be somewhat peaved.
    Unacceptable to you perhaps but not so to the Vikings. Sure Chilly may have not liked it but he also didnt make a big deal out of it as the media and some fans have now did he?

I listened to Mike Morris talk about this during the powertrip show and he said it isnt as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. I trust what Mike says because he after all knows way more about this stuff then you or I.

Its over and done with, time to move on.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

PackSux! wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:

Get over it people.
    Seriously?

Unacceptable to you perhaps but not so to the Vikings. Sure Chilly may have not liked it but he also didnt make a big deal out of it as the media and some fans have now did he?

I listened to Mike Morris talk about this during the powertrip show and he said it isnt as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. I trust what Mike says because he after all knows way more about this stuff then you or I.

I'm not so sure that the big deal about missing days has anything to do with the "Fumbles" or if they could be fixed, but rather what it means to the rooks with respect to how things are done.

I kindof like what Baldy and company said last night on the NFLN. Rooks should be seen and not heard. They should keep thier eyes open and thier mouths shut.

I remember when the coach wanted to teach the new guys drills. He didn't grab one of the new guys, he ran a Senior of or a Junior through the drill so that the new guys knew what was expected.

Another example is who/what the Chiller brougth with him when he became the HC. He brought a bunch of players that new how he did things. Not because they were gonna win us games or anything, but rather they could show the other players how things should be done. (most struggled with that concept by the way)

In this case, its pretty hard to keep your eyes open when there isn't someone to watch them with unless of course we are willing to say that AY or IJ are the vets/leaders of the RB's.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PackSux! wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:

Get over it people.
    Seriously?

Mike Morris is pertty reputable imo. However, it doesn't take away AP not going to camp without saying anything about it. Childress wasn't happy about what he did and maybe he didn't make a big deal about it publically but it doesn't mean it's over! It means they are not going to share any consequences with the public.

Regardless of what happens it doesn't mean AP was in the right for skipping practice without prior approval. Again, it is his job. Any manager would not be thrilled about someone not showing up for work. If you believe it's okay that is your opinion. I have a different one.

Is it going to fix his fumble, blocking or reading the defense problems? Nope! Would the 3 days in camp fix it? Probably not. However, the more you practice the better you are. AP still has a lot to learn and he needs to be in camp. He won't learn anymore by being in his parade. I'm 100% sure about that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345