Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Brad Childress and Double-Standards

Of course there's a double standard...there's Favre, and then there's everyone else. Everyone knows (or should know) that Favre will not be in minicamp, ostensibly because he hasn't decided whether or not he will retire...oh please. But still, everyone knows it. And most are on board with this, because he is our only chance at a deep run in the playoffs.

Clearly, AD pissed off Chilly by not being in camp, and Chilly is using this situation to show that no one is excused without a serious reason. In Chilly's mind, Favre can't even be brought into the equation because he still hasn't even decided if he'll play.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

VikingMike wrote:
    Of course there's a double standard...there's Favre, and then there's everyone else. Everyone knows (or should know) that Favre will not be in minicamp, ostensibly because he hasn't decided whether or not he will retire...oh please. But still, everyone knows it. And most are on board with this, because he is our only chance at a deep run in the playoffs.

Clearly, AD pissed off Chilly by not being in camp, and Chilly is using this situation to show that no one is excused without a serious reason. In Chilly's mind, Favre can't even be brought into the equation because he still hasn't even decided if he'll play.
    Agreed there is team rules and Favre rules ad everyone knows it.

Peterson had a choice to be in one of 2 places and one was an unexcused absense from work that could cost him money and he decided he'd rather be at a parade rather than work.

Childress gets miff and has a small scoulding session with the media regarding AD and where the work is and he should be here, this was the date and I told Toby....yeda yeda

Ok we get it.

The problem I have isn't as much with Peterson (he skipped out, fine him its simple), double standard ( I understand it) no problem. Childress what are you doing? Why do I have to watch you bitch to the media and than you don't know whether your going to fine AD or not. I don't need to know that you don't know what you're going to do and I really don't think the team needs to know you aren't sure what your going to do. If you don't know what your doing or going to do STFU. Why don't you just come out say your not happy about Peterson without the lecture and walk away, why not just fine him and leave it in house. Thats that part I guess that bugs me the most, Childress either put up or shut up everything else is just BS and hot air and that is what the internet is for.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

vikinggreg wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

Peterson had a choice to be in one of 2 places and one was an unexcused absense from work that could cost him money and he decided he'd rather be at a parade rather than work.

Childress gets miff and has a small scoulding session with the media regarding AD and where the work is and he should be here, this was the date and I told Toby....yeda yeda

Ok we get it.

The problem I have isn't as much with Peterson (he skipped out, fine him its simple), double standard ( I understand it) no problem. Childress what are you doing? Why do I have to watch you bitch to the media and than you don't know whether your going to fine AD or not. I don't need to know that you don't know what you're going to do and I really don't think the team needs to know you aren't sure what your going to do. If you don't know what your doing or going to do STFU. Why don't you just come out say your not happy about Peterson without the lecture and walk away, why not just fine him and leave it in house. Thats that part I guess that bugs me the most, Childress either put up or shut up everything else is just BS and hot air and that is what the internet is for.
    I agree with what you are saying here. Childress should in fact be more decisive. The only thing I will disagree with here is about what he comes out and says to the media. This is something he needs to keep in house. He is in a catch 22 here. Regardless of what he tells the media there will be criticism. We would criticize how he is handling it now and we would criticize if he throws AP under the bus.

But the main point here is be more decisive either way and get this easy decision over with. If AP doesn't like it, don't unexcusably skip camp.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

ejmat wrote:
    vikinggreg wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

Ok we get it.

I agree with what you are saying here. Childress should in fact be more decisive. The only thing I will disagree with here is about what he comes out and says to the media. This is something he needs to keep in house. He is in a catch 22 here. Regardless of what he tells the media there will be criticism. We would criticize how he is handling it now and we would criticize if he throws AP under the bus.

But the main point here is be more decisive either way and get this easy decision over with. If AP doesn't like it, don't unexcusably skip camp.
    Childress should be more decisive? How so?

As soon as he found out that AD wasn't gonna be there he expressed his displeasure.

Now if the situation was a bit different and AD let him know a couple of months in advance, then I would agree, but to call him (the Chiller) indecisive is a bit off the mark isn't it? :huh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    Alright, couple of things....

......snip......like EJ pointed out he's got 19 years of experience, at this point there's not a whole lot that he needs to learn.
    He must have learned something as last year was his best, statistically, ever.

Obviously, someone taught him about INT's and how bad they are....... :P
    yeah, I'm sure his weeks of TC, MC and OTA's helped with that.
    It must have been the "I'm gonna play the best ever pill" he took then.
    I'm sure that's it.

Or maybe, like he said, he didn't trust his arm, so didnt' squeeze it in to where it had no business going. Once he gained confidence, you saw his interception ratio rise.
    Or.......shock suprise......He actually listened to the coaches and didn't put the ball in spots he normally will do (ala the last play of the NFCC game).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

And that questionable decision looks even worse when you find out the player didnít bother telling his coach about his absence until literally days before he was supposed to report.
    Given these circumstances, itís not surprising that Brad Childress sounded a little frustrated when talking about AD after practice on Friday.
    The bottom line is, Peterson acted like a bit of a jerk here. When Bryant McKinnie pulled similar shenanigans at the Pro Bowl Ė deciding to ditch without going through the proper procedures Ė everyone slammed him. So, Peterson deserves to get cuffed around at least a little bit.
    Schism Watch 2010: Brad Childress Gives Adrian Peterson a Little Verbal Smack Over Minicamp Absence

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    vikinggreg wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

Ok we get it.

As soon as he found out that AD wasn't gonna be there he expressed his displeasure.

Now if the situation was a bit different and AD let him know a couple of months in advance, then I would agree, but to call him (the Chiller) indecisive is a bit off the mark isn't it? :huh:
    The fact that he has not decided how he is going to handle this matter which is pretty cut and dry to me. Childress himself said he wasn't aware AP would not participate. Judging by that alone this is a pretty cut and dry case of AP is wrong and he should be fined and/or disciplined.

All Chilly has done is voiced his displeasure and state he doesn't know what he is going to do yet. The fact that he doesn't know and it's pretty clear tells me he is indecisive.

ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    vikinggreg wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

Ok we get it.

The fact that he has not decided how he is going to handle this matter which is pretty cut and dry to me. Childress himself said he wasn't aware AP would not participate. Judging by that alone this is a pretty cut and dry case of AP is wrong and he should be fined and/or disciplined.

All Chilly has done is voiced his displeasure and state he doesn't know what he is going to do yet. The fact that he doesn't know and it's pretty clear tells me he is indecisive.
    So you think that the Chiller, the PR dept, Byrzcheapski, etc haven't discussed this and know what they are going to do?

I for one think it was discussed the day it happened (when they found out) and the Chillers presser was part of that plan.

Of course one could also assume that the Chiller just went off on a rant with no forthought.

When you are dealing with the money involved here, I like to believe they put a bit of thought into it and that happened before the Chillers rant.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

All Peterson has to do now is have a record setting year. For the rest of his career he'll be excused because he obviously doesn't need it.

Seriously though I think it shows a lack of leadership. Fine him and move on. All will be forgotten by training camp.

Anyone happen to remember who missed mandatory mini camps last year?

jmcdon00 wrote:
    All Peterson has to do now is have a record setting year. For the rest of his career he'll be excused because he obviously doesn't need it.

Seriously though I think it shows a lack of leadership. Fine him and move on. All will be forgotten by training camp.

Anyone happen to remember who missed mandatory mini camps last year?
    Marrdro raises his hand and then quickly puts it back down cause he promised Prophet he wouldn't talk about things like this.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast