Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Brad Childress and Double-Standards

ejmat wrote:
    The beginning of the article does allude to this being a double standard because of Favre being excused and AP not. Let me end the descussion quickly.

BF - 19 years in the league, 3 time MVP, Superbowl winner with nothing else to learn. Also had surgery on his ankle one month ago.

AP - 3 years in the league needing to improve on his blocking, reading defenses/blitzes and holding onto the football. No injuries noted.

No double standard at all. It is quite obvious most would want Favre there just like they do AP. However, Favre not reporting isn't such a bad thing. It gives players like TJ and Webb more reps while they figure out what to do with Sage.
    The only excuse that cuts it is if they are out for an injury.

How many years you have in the league shouldn't have anything to do with it.

On a side note, I absolutely enjoyed the tributes to Coach Wooden and latched onto one of his quotes.......

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."

John Wooden
    Hall of Fame Basketball Coach
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re:Brad Childress and Double-Standards

triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    Alright, couple of things....

......snip......like EJ pointed out he's got 19 years of experience, at this point there's not a whole lot that he needs to learn.
    He must have learned something as last year was his best, statistically, ever.

Obviously, someone taught him about INT's and how bad they are....... :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:

......snip......like EJ pointed out he's got 19 years of experience, at this point there's not a whole lot that he needs to learn.

yeah, I'm sure his weeks of TC, MC and OTA's helped with that.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

It must have been the "I'm gonna play the best ever pill" he took then.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

It must have been the "I'm gonna play the best ever pill" he took then.
    I'm sure that's it.

Or maybe, like he said, he didn't trust his arm, so didnt' squeeze it in to where it had no business going. Once he gained confidence, you saw his interception ratio rise.

Peterson should be there. He isn't, so he should be fined. There is undoubtedly a bit of a double standard but that is what the FO and organization planned for. Your star RB who is healthy missing 'mandatory mini-camp' for Adrian Peterson Day in East Palestine TX, to me speaks to prioritization or lack thereof.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

The "Favre Rules" are for Favre

It's part of the human condition to identify inequities, perceived or otherwise. We cynical types have a hard time believing it, but apparently there are some people who think life is fair and that they deserve the same treatment as everyone else. Newsflash: It isn't and you aren't. In this instance, I give Childress credit for admitting that his "Brett Favre Rules" are for their namesake only.
    A little realilty check.

I'm sure ADD could have been held on a different weekend and that Siefert is probably going down the right track in that it was more of a statement from AD. Handled kind of Culpepperesque if you ask me, and he's finding out what Daunte did...that is that he might not be quite as special as he thinks.

On another note, I kind of feel for the RB's in the league, moreso than most other positions. As short as the NFL life is for the average player, it's got to be even shorter for a RB. Even when you're one of the best. I also attribute the heart of football around the running game and having a guy like AD running the ball is as good as it gets for me.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Two things here...

First, Peterson should be fined, and to the maximum allowed. Fines and penalties are in place for a reason, and to waive them when earned sends a very bad messae, not just to the player concerned, but the whole team. Discipline must be enforced in order for it to work at all.

Second, I'll buy Favre being out because of his surgery. That's an excusable thing. A hometown celebration is not, especially given that it is the "fourth annual" iteration. However, there's another reason that everyone capable of the physical activity should be there. Not for themselves, but for their teammates who will be taking snaps with them later, in the regular season.

If Brett were fuoly healthy, I'd want him to be there, even if there's nothing to be gained by it for HIM. It would still benefit the receivers, at the very least, in their timing with him. I know, there'll be time for that later, and I also know that the backup QBs can gain valuable experience from the increased time they will get, but I'd still rather see everyone there, even the 19-year veteran superstars.

Unfortunately, I don't make those kind of decisions, so I'll just have to abide by "Chilly's Rules" until some future date when I become HC or GM of the Vikings.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:

Yeah, it must have been all the time he spent at OTAs and mini camps last year :P

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Simple really...
    Peterson was healthy and should have been there. He should be fined for being gone.

Brett is recovering from surgery and should be excused,although he certainly should have been there as he could have been teaching the guys how to run the offense properly instead of having Childress and Bevell screw them up now and having it take Brett weeks later to straighten them out.

If Brett heals and doesn't report later in the year when he is able to he should be fined too. What is fair is fair and to me it looks like this whole Culture of Accountability was a bunch of bullshit.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast