Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Brad Childress and Double-Standards

Brad Childress and Double-Standards
    I for one don't think there is a double standard here, mostly because the staff was smart enough to use the "Ankle" injury to thier benefit here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re:Brad Childress and Double-Standards

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Brad Childress and Double-Standards

I`d say yes, there is a double-standard. Shiancoe thinks there is when it comes to Favre, but he`s said he doesn`t care, and neither does the rest of the team. He`s earned that, and everyone is fine with him taking a break.

The Vikings can fine Peterson nearly $10,000 for missing the three-day event. Technically, teams also can pursue recovery of 25 percent of the player's signing bonus allocation for the current season. However, because few if any top-ten picks receive signing bonuses due to the niceties of the rookie pool, Peterson likely faces no exposure in that regard.
    Brad Childress hasn't decided whether to fine Adrian Peterson

Blog Entries

I say fine him, and move on. $10K should be nothing for Peterson. I think everyone knew Favre wouldn't be there, I'm not sure people expected Peterson to skip though. Yeah, he had a reason, but I have a feeling the issue was lack of communication, which would be AD's fault.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I`d say yes, there is a double-standard. Shiancoe thinks there is when it comes to Favre, but he`s said he doesn`t care, and neither does the rest of the team. He`s earned that, and everyone is fine with him taking a break.
    Lets not make this about the Noodle even though he has contributed to it. In this instance, there is no way the Noodle can participate in OTA's or Minicamp because of the ankle surgery so he doesn't count.

Can/should the staff try to enforce attendance based on what the staff allows other players to do.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Lets not make this about the Noodle even though he has contributed to it. In this instance, there is no way the Noodle can participate in OTA's or Minicamp because of the ankle surgery so he doesn't count.

Can/should the staff try to enforce attendance based on what the staff allows other players to do.
    tbh I didn't read the article, I assumed it was about Favre, since that what everyone seems to be commenting on lately.

However, I think everyone needs to be there except Favre I guess. There's no way around it, he's gonna nurse that surgury, and hold off his decision until as late as possible. Everyone else though needs to be there. Peterson does, Shiancoe does, Rice does, KW does, etc.

Every year there are vets who come up with some excuse to miss it, and IMO that's fine as long as its legit.
    There are very few guys in the league IMO who do/can skip things like TC/minicamp/preseasons. Guys like Manning, Favre, LT, etc. can and do, and I'm fine with that.

Was it really a bizarre and unavoidable circumstance of timing? Did Peterson feel entitled to the "Favre Rules?" Is there more to the story? And are the Vikings now facing a damaging, roster-wide consequence of allowing Favre to set his own offseason schedule?

I'll examine each point below, admittedly without hearing from Peterson -- who hasn't commented since last week.
    What's up with Adrian Peterson?

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

The beginning of the article does allude to this being a double standard because of Favre being excused and AP not. Let me end the descussion quickly.

BF - 19 years in the league, 3 time MVP, Superbowl winner with nothing else to learn. Also had surgery on his ankle one month ago.

AP - 3 years in the league needing to improve on his blocking, reading defenses/blitzes and holding onto the football. No injuries noted.

No double standard at all. It is quite obvious most would want Favre there just like they do AP. However, Favre not reporting isn't such a bad thing. It gives players like TJ and Webb more reps while they figure out what to do with Sage.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Alright, couple of things....

For one... every player and coach on the vikings staff knows that Favre isn't going to be going to be at any of the OTA's, mandatory or not. Sure he has his ankle to use as an excuse, but, like EJ pointed out he's got 19 years of experience, at this point there's not a whole lot that he needs to learn.

Two... PA was pointing out last week that AP doesn't know all the plays. He has a serious problem with fumbling and while his blocking has gotten better, it could still use improvement.

I understand that AP is a superstar, he has serious talent, but that doesn't mean he doesn't need the practice, he can do much of it on his own, but I feel that its important for him to be doing it with his team as well. "Adrian Peterson Day" IMO is not a valid reason for him to miss it. I think he should be fined.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast