Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    PurplePlain's Avatar
    PurplePlain is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    73

    Re: Bowe and Meachem

    First round WR's are always a reach and to me it seems there are a disproportionate number of busts at this position in particular. The Lions are poster material for this.

    If we take any WR I hope it is no earlier than the 2nd round.

  2. #12
    aceclown is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    948

    Re: Bowe and Meachem

    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "Freakout" wrote:
    I still don't know.
    Jarret could still lockup the second spot if he can run a sub 4.5 40.
    He's not the physical guy like Bowe but his route running and hands are close to being the best of the group.
    Really it is hard to tell until Ginn and Jarret both have their pro day.

    Meachem has really helped his stock though and Hall has continued to look solid as well.
    Jarret's not running. Its his weak spot. I dont like Jarret and laugh at the fact that most mock draft s have him or ginn being taken by us at number 7.
    :
    I agree with you on Jarrett.
    If you recall profootballtalk.com's mock draft, they didnt even have Jarrett in the 1st round.
    According to their sources, its predicted that he will run somewhere in the 4.65 range, which they thought was bad enough for him to drop to the 2nd.
    I'm not saying he wont be a good receiver (I think he'll be a better pro than Meachem Bowe and Rice), I just think his draft stock is falling.

    As for Ginn, I'm not so sure.
    If he's able to participate and do well at his pro day, his stock could rise. If he runs in the 4.25 range I wouldnt be too upset if we take him.
    I know he gets a lot of comparison to Williamson, but just look at their highlight reels from college.
    I know a lot of Ginn's are off kick returns, but if you concentrate on the receptions alone, it is still way more exciting than Williamson's ever were.


    Chuch.

  3. #13
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Bowe and Meachem

    From the part of it I were able to watch yesterday, I agree.

    Boy o boy that Bowe were great. He's huge, and he catches the ball smoothly. The only knock on him is that he 'only' ran 4.5ish, but that doesn't matter much to me.

    Meachem looked good too as you say, and his 40 probably secured him a mid 1st round pick.

    But there are many interesting recievers. the two no. 2 receivers Steve Smith and Anthony Gonzales also helped themselves yesterday.

    Other ones to look out for judged after yesterdays workout.

    Paul Williams - Fresno state
    Jason Hill - Washington St.
    David Clowney - Virginia Tech
    Craig Davis - LSU

    Sidney Rice - South Carolina didn't run that fast which probably put him down a bit, but could still be a prospect.

    I'm not that sold on Jarrett right now, but we'll have to wait for his pro day to know more about him. Also I hate that I didn't get to see Ginn catch the ball.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  4. #14
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bowe and Meachem

    I have Jarrett dropping because he won't run.
    Ginn will, at his own workout, and I think he will put up a great 40, causing his stock to rise.
    I, however, this that he will only be an OK WR.
    The more I look at Bowe the happier I am with him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #15
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: Bowe and Meachem

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I have Jarrett dropping because he won't run.
    Ginn will, at his own workout, and I think he will put up a great 40, causing his stock to rise.
    I, however, this that he will only be an OK WR.
    The more I look at Bowe the happier I am with him.
    Jarrett is running at the USC pro day, and has the best hands of any WR in the draft. He'll be a mid first round pick no matter what he runs.

  6. #16
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Bowe and Meachem

    "Mr" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I have Jarrett dropping because he won't run.
    Ginn will, at his own workout, and I think he will put up a great 40, causing his stock to rise.
    I, however, this that he will only be an OK WR.
    The more I look at Bowe the happier I am with him.
    Jarrett is running at the USC pro day, and has the best hands of any WR in the draft. He'll be a mid first round pick no matter what he runs.
    With all those wideouts that are in this draft, I bet if he runs worse than 4.80 he'll drop out of the 1st round.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  7. #17
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Bowe and Meachem

    "Mr" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I have Jarrett dropping because he won't run.
    Ginn will, at his own workout, and I think he will put up a great 40, causing his stock to rise.
    I, however, this that he will only be an OK WR.
    The more I look at Bowe the happier I am with him.
    Jarrett is running at the USC pro day, and has the best hands of any WR in the draft. He'll be a mid first round pick no matter what he runs.
    Jarrett has two perceived problems: speed and physicality (or lack thereof).
    He lacks the elite speed to run by defenders and he has trouble getting off the line against press coverage.
    These are two things that you may be able to get away with in college; in the NFL, not so much.
    These are two things that Mayock brough up in his assessment of Jarrett during the combine.


    If you can't separate yourself from the DB's, it doesn't matter how good your hands are.

  8. #18
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Bowe and Meachem

    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I have Jarrett dropping because he won't run.
    Ginn will, at his own workout, and I think he will put up a great 40, causing his stock to rise.
    I, however, this that he will only be an OK WR.
    The more I look at Bowe the happier I am with him.
    Jarrett is running at the USC pro day, and has the best hands of any WR in the draft. He'll be a mid first round pick no matter what he runs.
    Jarrett has two perceived problems: speed and physicality (or lack thereof).
    He lacks the elite speed to run by defenders and he has trouble getting off the line against press coverage.
    These are two things that you may be able to get away with in college; in the NFL, not so much.
    These are two things that Mayock brough up in his assessment of Jarrett during the combine.


    If you can't separate yourself from the DB's, it doesn't matter how good your hands are.
    They were saying he ran somewhere in the 4.7's in private workouts and thats why he didn't run at the combine. We'll have to see how fast he is during his pro day. It scares me that he had as many problems as he did when he was pressed too.

  9. #19
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Bowe and Meachem

    If we can't trade up to get CJ, I don't want any other WR at #7...I would take my chances with the best remaining WR at our second round pick!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #20
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Bowe and Meachem

    Back to the topic of the thread... I was actually really surprised at how good Meachem looked.
    I can only hope he lasts to the 2nd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Were we better off getting Rice than Meachem?
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 08:04 PM
  2. Robert Meachem, WR looking at Vikings
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 10:43 PM
  3. Should we draft Dwayne Bowe?
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 06:13 PM
  4. LSU Pro Day - Russell, Landry, Bowe, Davis
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 01:49 PM
  5. Vikes talkin' to Bowe at the Senior Bowl
    By kyleo1967 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 06:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •