Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71
  1. #21
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Booty looking good...! (+ a little game overview )

    LOL @ Rod Woodsen who said that we shouldn't be surprised if Booty started for the Vikings by week 6 ;D
    He's sooo negative towards the Vikings... they should fire him from NFLN
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  2. #22
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,308

    Re: Booty looking good...! (+ a little game overview )

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    ok, go look at brett Favre's first game and see his rookie mistakes...
    I believe he lead his team down from a deficit in the final minute to pull out a win, but I get your point
    Uh ... that was not Brett Favre's first game.

  3. #23
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Booty looking good...! (+ a little game overview )

    "gagarr" wrote:
    "gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    What are you talking about?
    Neither Booty nor Bollinger looked good.
    Tapeh had 2 drops and Davis also dropped a ball or two that should have been caught but still, Booty didn't look great by anymeans.
    He had a couple nice step ups in the pocket but he definitely needs to improve...
    Well duh!
    He's a rookie playing in his first pro game.
    What did you expect?
    TJ had a 66.2 QB rating his first out.


    I think we will see improvement as the pre season goes on, especially if he starts ahead of Brook so he can work with the 2nd string a bit.
    What's your point? Booty wasn't even close to that 66.2 QB rating. His was 39.6 last night.

    Bollinger's was 60.4 for last night.

    T-Jack performed the best with 137.7 without handing off to AD or C-Tay.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Booty looking good...! (+ a little game overview )

    "singersp" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    What are you talking about?
    Neither Booty nor Bollinger looked good.
    Tapeh had 2 drops and Davis also dropped a ball or two that should have been caught but still, Booty didn't look great by anymeans.
    He had a couple nice step ups in the pocket but he definitely needs to improve...
    Well duh!
    He's a rookie playing in his first pro game.
    What did you expect?
    TJ had a 66.2 QB rating his first out.


    I think we will see improvement as the pre season goes on, especially if he starts ahead of Brook so he can work with the 2nd string a bit.
    What's your point? Booty wasn't even close to that 66.2 QB rating. His was 39.6 last night.

    Bollinger's was 60.4 for last night.

    T-Jack performed the best with 137.7 without handing off to AD or C-Tay.
    To add to the good stuff Singer added......

    At this point TJ is getting most of the reps now with the starting unit.
    If anyone gets time with them it will be Gus and then very limited.

    My guess is that JDB won't see reps with the starters at all at this point in the process.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    Jimmymeboy's Avatar
    Jimmymeboy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    196

    Re: Booty looking good...! (+ a little game overview )

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    IMHO Booty didn't look that good.
    At least not good enough to warrant his own thread/game assesment.
    ;D

    Pocket awareness sucked.
    He should have felt the pressure even though the LT didn't give him time.

    He held the ball way to long.

    He really only looked at one reciever and didn't progress through his reads.

    But in all honesty, that is all to be expected of the kid.
    He will get better with time and should be the number 3 QB behind TJ and Gus.
    A nice voice of reason, Marrdro

    My brother is a Tjack hater and saw nothing he liked about him and of course he loves Booty and thought that he looked marvelous.
    I personally thought he got happy feet a couple times early and when he stepped up in the pocket he threw it at the receivers shoe laces.(perfectly normal for a rook)

  6. #26
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Booty looking good...! (+ a little game overview )

    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    IMHO Booty didn't look that good.
    At least not good enough to warrant his own thread/game assesment.
    ;D

    Pocket awareness sucked.
    He should have felt the pressure even though the LT didn't give him time.

    He held the ball way to long.

    He really only looked at one reciever and didn't progress through his reads.

    But in all honesty, that is all to be expected of the kid.
    He will get better with time and should be the number 3 QB behind TJ and Gus.
    A nice voice of reason, Marrdro

    My brother is a Tjack hater and saw nothing he liked about him and of course he loves Booty and thought that he looked marvelous.
    I personally thought he got happy feet a couple times early and when he stepped up in the pocket he threw it at the receivers shoe laces.(perfectly normal for a rook)
    Worst case of denial I've heard of. Booty sucked so bad I thought the dome roof would cave due to the vacuum.


    But Just like almost every other rookie QB who comes into this league, they need time. What I am not impressed about is Booty's accuracy. He has had terrible accuracy throughout TC as well. Hell, & that was just throwing at non-moving targets.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #27
    NDVikingFan66's Avatar
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: Booty looking good...! (+ a little game overview )

    booty looked pretty rough from the game I watched.
    Some people must have been watching an old USC game

  8. #28
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: Booty looking good...! (+ a little game overview )

    booty looked pretty rough from the game I watched.
    Some people must have been watching an old USC game
    It was his first time playing in the NFL with over 60,000 people watching... that has to be intimidating. Plus you have this game which is way faster then College. He is going to make mistakes, I am just waiting to watch him in the 4th preseason game to see how he does.

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Booty looking good...! (+ a little game overview )

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    IMHO Booty didn't look that good.
    At least not good enough to warrant his own thread/game assesment.

    ;D

    Pocket awareness sucked.
    He should have felt the pressure even though the LT didn't give him time.

    He held the ball way to long.

    He really only looked at one reciever and didn't progress through his reads.

    But in all honesty, that is all to be expected of the kid.
    He will get better with time and should be the number 3 QB behind TJ and Gus.
    A nice voice of reason, Marrdro

    My brother is a Tjack hater and saw nothing he liked about him and of course he loves Booty and thought that he looked marvelous.
    I personally thought he got happy feet a couple times early and when he stepped up in the pocket he threw it at the receivers shoe laces.(perfectly normal for a rook)
    Worst case of denial I've heard of. Booty sucked so bad I thought the dome roof would cave due to the vacuum.


    But Just like almost every other rookie QB who comes into this league, they need time. What I am not impressed about is Booty's accuracy. He has had terrible accuracy throughout TC as well. Hell, & that was just throwing at non-moving targets.
    I seem to be following Singer here..........
    Let me add some more thought to his excellent post specifically related to the "Time" young QB's need.

    Probably the biggest reason I railed against TJ had nothing to do with his skills, but rather his experience level and the "Time" it would take to get him NFL ready when they drafted him (Because the FO screwed the pooch on Cutler and Clemens by the way).

    Then, much to my chagrin, they ran him out onto the field and said he will learn under center.


    In the long run, I will now readily admit, that shortened the time it would require to get him ramped up but at no time did I ever say he wasn't talented.

    Back to JDB.
    I am not saying he isn't talented, I am just saying he needs time.
    Unfortunately, the amount of time will be alot more than some want to admit as he just won't get the reps that he so desparately needs to get NFL ready.

    My assumption is that he will be raised/groomed much the same way a traditional QB is groomed (ala Rodgers behind Lord Favree).
    IMHO that is a good thing and probably the right way to do it for several different reasons.

    a.
    Fans.
    Most of the knock on TJ is because all we've seen from him (well almost all) has been bad.
    Naturally that would skew our opinion of him.
    b.
    Mental.
    Alot of young QB's with alot of potential have been thrown to the wolves and never succeeded because they couldn't handle the pressure at that early age.

    Anyway, long story short, given time, I believe JDB wil come around.
    Problem will be, when that time has passed, what will we really have.


    I am sure that alot of the JDB supporters will be kindof like the PUKER fans now who are getting all pissy about loosing Lord Dickhead and are saying that Rodgers is unproven.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Booty looking good...! (+ a little game overview )

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    IMHO Booty didn't look that good.
    At least not good enough to warrant his own thread/game assesment.
    ;D

    Pocket awareness sucked.
    He should have felt the pressure even though the LT didn't give him time.

    He held the ball way to long.

    He really only looked at one reciever and didn't progress through his reads.

    But in all honesty, that is all to be expected of the kid.
    He will get better with time and should be the number 3 QB behind TJ and Gus.
    A nice voice of reason, Marrdro

    My brother is a Tjack hater and saw nothing he liked about him and of course he loves Booty and thought that he looked marvelous.
    I personally thought he got happy feet a couple times early and when he stepped up in the pocket he threw it at the receivers shoe laces.(perfectly normal for a rook)
    Worst case of denial I've heard of. Booty sucked so bad I thought the dome roof would cave due to the vacuum.


    But Just like almost every other rookie QB who comes into this league, they need time. What I am not impressed about is Booty's accuracy. He has had terrible accuracy throughout TC as well. Hell, & that was just throwing at non-moving targets.
    I seem to be following Singer here..........
    Let me add some more thought to his excellent post specifically related to the "Time" young QB's need.

    Probably the biggest reason I railed against TJ had nothing to do with his skills, but rather his experience level and the "Time" it would take to get him NFL ready when they drafted him (Because the FO screwed the pooch on Cutler and Clemens by the way).

    Then, much to my chagrin, they ran him out onto the field and said he will learn under center.


    In the long run, I will now readily admit, that shortened the time it would require to get him ramped up but at no time did I ever say he wasn't talented.

    Back to JDB.
    I am not saying he isn't talented, I am just saying he needs time.
    Unfortunately, the amount of time will be alot more than some want to admit as he just won't get the reps that he so desparately needs to get NFL ready.

    My assumption is that he will be raised/groomed much the same way a traditional QB is groomed (ala Rodgers behind Lord Favree).
    IMHO that is a good thing and probably the right way to do it for several different reasons.

    a.
    Fans.
    Most of the knock on TJ is because all we've seen from him (well almost all) has been bad.
    Naturally that would skew our opinion of him.
    b.
    Mental.
    Alot of young QB's with alot of potential have been thrown to the wolves and never succeeded because they couldn't handle the pressure at that early age.

    Anyway, long story short, given time, I believe JDB wil come around.
    Problem will be, when that time has passed, what will we really have.


    I am sure that alot of the JDB supporters will be kindof like the PUKER fans now who are getting all pissy about loosing Lord Dickhead and are saying that Rodgers is unproven.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Is Booty now officially your new "Future Boy"?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN NFL Vikings overview
    By Redmption in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 05:10 PM
  2. ESPN.com - Offseason Overview
    By Muggsy in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 06:14 AM
  3. Good Game and Good Luck Texans
    By Kleinsasser40 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 04:55 PM
  4. Vikes/Bears Overview
    By Webby in forum Gameday Previews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2003, 09:43 PM
  5. 2003 QB Overview
    By Webby in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 08:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •