Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Booty has foresight absent a '4' sighting

[size=13pt]Booty has foresight absent a '4' sighting[/size]

The second-year Viking is just trying to hone his game and isn't worried about that other QB who also wears No. 4.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Booty has foresight absent a '4' sighting

I for one, am gonna be watching young JDB with a keen eye this year.

Just can't get over the feeling that if Lord Dickhead Noodle Arm winds up on this roster this year, JDB will be the starting QB in 2011.

Ole Noodle arm will probably come in for 2 years.
    Sages contract is a two year contract.
    Ole JDB will have had the proper amount of time to be groomed the way a QB should be groomed.

On the bench instead of on the field under the glaring eyes of the fans who just can't seem to overlook that type of learning process and the associated mistakes that come with it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Just can't get over the feeling that if Lord Dickhead Noodle Arm winds up on this roster this year, JDB will be the starting QB in 2011.

Ole JDB will have had the proper amount of time to be groomed the way a QB should be groomed.

On the bench instead of on the field under the glaring eyes of the fans who just can't seem to overlook that type of learning process and the associated mistakes that come with it.
    I have stated several times that TJ has been hurt by getting on the field too early.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I have stated several times that TJ has been hurt by getting on the field too early.
    I remember.

He could turn out to be the next best thing to sliced bread and there will still be some that only remember watching him learn on the field.

Kindof sad.

Back to the topic, I have a sneaky feeling though that TJ is going to walk/seek employment elsewhere leaving young Booty in the wings as the next best prospect for the future.

Gonna be watching with interest this year to see how much he has progressed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I remember.

He could turn out to be the next best thing to sliced bread and there will still be some that only remember watching him learn on the field.

Kindof sad.

Back to the topic, I have a sneaky feeling though that TJ is going to walk/seek employment elsewhere leaving young Booty in the wings as the next best prospect for the future.

Gonna be watching with interest this year to see how much he has progressed.
    I hope to see more of him as well, he's a big unknown to me.

If Favre does end up signing here we may see a lot more of Booty in pre-season.
    Assumption being that TJ is odd man out for reasons discussed previously.
    I don't expect to see a lot of Favre playing in pre-season leaving most of the snaps to Sage and JDB.
    Sage I would expect would get the lion's share as he will be the primary backup, but its also a great time to see how JDB is progressing and gague how strong they feel about keeping him on the roster as a future developmental guy.

If Favre doesn't sign, I would expect TJ and Sage to get most all of the playing time in pre-season to see who should be starting.
    Unless JDB is a legitimate starting candidate in 2009, I wouldn't expect to see much at all from him.
    This scenario also makes it hard to gauge a lot of other offensive players trying to make the roster.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Sanchez came out early and was touted as a franchise QB draft prospect.

Booty came from the same school, with very comparable numbers, but was called a 'system' quarterback.

I think we would all be surprised if he turns out to be the franchise QB.

Hope we get a chance to see a little more of him this pre-season.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Sanchez came out early and was touted as a franchise QB draft prospect.

Booty came from the same school, with very comparable numbers, but was called a 'system' quarterback.

I think we would all be surprised if he turns out to be the franchise QB.

Hope we get a chance to see a little more of him this pre-season.
    booty > Sanchez, and thats not because I'm a Vikings fan.
    I don't like Sanchez as a player at all.
    IMO, he was a huge reach.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

I'm hoping to see a bit of JDB this preseason, and i agree with the above posts that the best way to learn is on the sidelines and in practice rather than learning on field.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Johnson14" wrote:
    I'm hoping to see a bit of JDB this preseason, and i agree with the above posts that the best way to learn is on the sidelines and in practice rather than learning on field.
    I agree, I'm sure we'll see him in a good amoutn of preseason, but I don't want to see him sniff the field during the regular season.
    Learning on the fly didn't work well for TJ, i doubt it will for Booty.

delviking is offline Starter

i like JDB he is a unknown but has gotten to sit and see a once good Qb make the right throws but not have the arm strength to get it their and an ok Qb make some good and bad throws but with the arm strengeth to make them all.
    And hes been able to just absorb the playbook over the season and off season.

plus i dont understand the hype of sanchez
    he was beat out by booty for the starting spot after leinart came to the nfl.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast