Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Bob Sansevere: 3 things to watch as the Vikings draft

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I think people were upset because they saw we won DESPITE our coach. Honestly, just call a spade a spade... there were reasons why people were chanting "Fire Childress" halfway through the season even when we weren't doing that bad. From personnel choices to in-game decisions... the guy just looks lost out there and people recognize that.
    I knew we couldn't keep on agreeing.

For the life of me I can't understand how a NFL team can win dispite its head coach.
    Just call a spade a spade.....You guys don't like him cause he looks dumb in front of a camera instead of what he actually does on the field.

Seriously, has anyone else watch other HC's make decisions during actual games?
    All of them do something stupid.
    ALL OF THEM.

We were fricken 10-6 and won the Div.
    We hosted a fricken Playoff game.
    We have a dominating defense that will only get better.
    We have a premier RB, if not the best in the league.

Fix some pass protection issues on the OL and improve QB play and we will even be more dynamic and yet all we get is

"I'm not buying tickets until the HC is gone".

Guess what?
    The HC is getting ready to leave.
    The owner is gonna take him, and the team to a new fan base that will appreciate what they have.

:

"Sorry CMacD, not pointed at you.
    I am on the rag today with respect to the "Fans" of the team."
    I disagree with you. Like you said, we have a "premier RB, if not the best in the league"... that's the only reason we're winning.

You can give Childress all the credit you want, but I've watched his games and his press conferences... I don't need to be told what sort of coach he is. He's a joke.

That's just the truth.

By the way, Romeo Crennel went 10-6 too...
    He has his flaws, but a Joke?
    By the way, I think Romeo is a good coach as well.
    I'm sure he'd be a great OC or VP of a team... but as a coach, I do think he is a joke. Yes.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I hate to say this, however, the only thing this organization can do to sell tickets is find a new fan base that appreciates the game for what it is. >
    Wrong. It would have been to get a real fricken QB like Cutler. Now we are stuck with 2 backups. I wonder who will win. floop it, it does not matter, a real QB like McNabb will just knock us off in the playoffs. Make sense yet?
    Although I agree with you, I just, in my heart don't think it would really matter.
    Case in point, remember when we had Moss?
    The papers persecuted him and so did most of the fan base.

What difference would Culter or McNabb make?
    Even if they got the team to 10-6 and won the division it wouldn't be enough.
    I am sure some yutz sports reporter would hack on him/them for something like throwing a INT and the fanbase would get in line and follow that lead.

So very sad IMHO.
    :'(
    I never persecuted Moss. The staff ran Moss out of here not the fans or the media. Cutler or McNabb would make a huge difference. We are good QB play away from a Super Bowl IMO.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I think people were upset because they saw we won DESPITE our coach. Honestly, just call a spade a spade... there were reasons why people were chanting "Fire Childress" halfway through the season even when we weren't doing that bad. From personnel choices to in-game decisions... the guy just looks lost out there and people recognize that.
    Guess what?
    The owner is gonna take him, and the team to [s]a new fan base that will appreciate what they have.

:[/s] a state that will build a stadium.

Fixed it for you.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Guess what?
    The owner is gonna take him, and the team to [s]a new fan base that will appreciate what they have.

Fixed it for you.
    Thanks.
    Kindof one in the same though aren't they?
    If the state is willing to build them a stadium, they would have to have support from the voting public which in turn would equate to fans that would be damn happy to have them, QB, Coach and all.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Maybe I'm being unfair, but I think with the talent we have, we should be much better than a Wild Card elimination in the playoffs. To me, it's Super Bowl or bust for Chilly.

I realize some may view that as unrealistic, but I do not. If it's unrealistic, then why are we watching the game?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Guess what?

Fixed it for you.
    Thanks.
    Kindof one in the same though aren't they?
    If the state is willing to build them a stadium, they would have to have support from the voting public which in turn would equate to fans that would be damn happy to have them, QB, Coach and all.

:
    Not necessarily. How was Ford field built? It can be done other ways. Also, here in Milwaukee they forced a stadium tax to build Miller Park. If the state wants a stadium, they can have one. I don't think they give a shit.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I hate to say this, however, the only thing this organization can do to sell tickets is find a new fan base that appreciates the game for what it is. >
    Wrong. It would have been to get a real fricken QB like Cutler. Now we are stuck with 2 backups. I wonder who will win. floop it, it does not matter, a real QB like McNabb will just knock us off in the playoffs. Make sense yet?
    Although I agree with you, I just, in my heart don't think it would really matter.

I am sure some yutz sports reporter would hack on him/them for something like throwing a INT and the fanbase would get in line and follow that lead.

So very sad IMHO.
    I never persecuted Moss. The staff ran Moss out of here not the fans or the media. Cutler or McNabb would make a huge difference. We are good QB play away from a Super Bowl IMO.
    The staff ran Moss out of here because they got tired of all the beeyyyyatching and moaning, mostly by the press but by the fans as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

So very sad IMHO.
    The staff ran Moss out of here because they got tired of all the beeyyyyatching and moaning, mostly by the press but by the fans as well.
    He seems fine in New England. He has stated many times he never wanted to leave. IMO he didn't bitch and moan at all. Fans loved Moss.

"C" wrote:
    Maybe I'm being unfair, but I think with the talent we have, we should be much better than a Wild Card elimination in the playoffs. To me, it's Super Bowl or bust for Chilly.

I realize some may view that as unrealistic, but I do not. If it's unrealistic, then why are we watching the game?
    I kind of look at is as a maturization process.

M-will, new to the scheme.
    Injury early in the season slowed that down a bit but it did get STJ some reps.
    New QB to the scheme for most of the year.
    New WR
    Young WR hurt.
    Young RB.
    Great runner, but not completely groomed (passing game/Fumbles)
    Poor depth at LB, youngsters didn't step up to fill the void, old has beens brought in to fill the void but not the best solution.
    Third year CB finally reached is potential.
    Shaky OL play (pass protection)
    Horrendous ST's play. Poor field position.
    ect ect ect.

Are we talented?
    Yes, are we talented enough across the board as well as mature enough to play consistently?
    IMHO, no.
    Will the consistency level improve this year? Yes, part of the maturation process.

Will our coaches have to step up and help with that process, Hell yes but haven't they to some extent already?

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

It never fails to amaze me just how warped the perceptions are of fans for their team.
    It seems every team has fans that believe every year there team will win the SB, go to the playoffs, etc.
    I get so tired of hearing about the "talent" on teams.
    These are all professional football players, every team is full of talented football players.
    I'm sure a hardcore fan that takes the time to chat about their team on an internet website can name at least 12 starters on their team that don't get the recognition they should for the Pro Bowl because they are just that good.

Frankly, I think Marrdro has hit it on the head with this one.
    We're simply a mature team.
    We've caught glimpses of potential from various pieces.
    Some fans believe they can add up the sum of the highest level of potential of every player and from there make an assessment of how far we'll go in a year.
    That's unreasonable with young players.
    They will have off games, they may never live up to their potential.
    As teams age and become more like the Steelers, the Colts, the Patriots you'll see them playing at a flatter level.
    They rarely have exceptional games, they rarely have horrible games, they play a nice flat good solid football game week in and week out.

Our team has holes again this year.
    M-Will and T-John will be starting together for the first time.
    Winfield has to stop giving up easy receptions all game long.
    Our LE needs to get better pressure on the QB.
    Our LBs need to learn to cover Tight Ends and RBs.
    TJ needs to continue to evolve as a passer and a runner.
    Our WRs need to learn to get off the line and create separation in a soft zone.
    Berrian and Rice need to learn to stay health.
    Rice needs to learn to use his size.
    Allison needs to learn to run routes.
    We're going to have 2 new starting linemen in Sullivan and Hicks (RT hopefully).

People need to get real.
    We're not an All-Pro team here.
    We are a team with talented players at many key positions but a lot of that talent is still young and needs to continue to grow.
    These calls for SB or bust are really unfounded.
    The Vikes have been in the NFL for what, 40 years?
    They haven't won a SB in those years, why does this year "have" to be the year?
    Are you honestly trying to tell me this is the most talented, most mature football team the Vikings have ever fielded when compared to the rest of the league?
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast