Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Bob Sansevere: 3 things to watch as the Vikings draft

[size=13pt]Bob Sansevere: 3 things to watch as the Vikings draft[/size]

Updated: 04/23/2009 12:22:44 AM CDT

1. If they want to enhance their chances of winning this season and sell some tickets, the Vikings will be working the phones trying to trade their first-round pick for a player who can have an immediate impact - a wide receiver such as Arizona's Anquan Boldin, for instance....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Bob Sansevere: 3 things to watch as the Vikings draft

Let the drivel begin.

If going 10-6 and winning the div isn't good enough to sell tickets, a WR sure the hell isn't gonna help.

I hate to say this, however, the only thing this organization can do to sell ticktes is find a new fan base that appreciates the game for what it is. >
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Let the drivel begin.

If going 10-6 and winning the div isn't good enough to sell tickets, a WR sure the hell isn't gonna help.

I hate to say this, however, the only thing this organization can do to sell ticktes is find a new fan base that appreciates the game for what it is. >
    I disagree with you. A big name WR & more explosive plays to that WR would definitely sell more tickets.

That is what fans have been craving since the departure of Moss.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Let the drivel begin.

I disagree with you. A big name WR & more explosive plays to that WR would definitely sell more tickets.

Unfortunately, I agree with singer... our "new" fanbase is built on the hype of the high scoring late 90s Vikings.
    The older fans may appreciate a win at all costs or grind it out game but the new fan base that came from the Moss era only want to see points on the board and long TDs.
    To them, winning games, winning the Super Bowl, that's secondary to their entertainment from seeing long TDs.

Hell, look at this board even... we were 10 - 6 last year... we won the NFC North... look at how many naysayers still remain on this board after a great season.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Let the drivel begin.

Unfortunately, I agree with singer... our "new" fanbase is built on the hype of the high scoring late 90s Vikings.
    The older fans may appreciate a win at all costs or grind it out game but the new fan base that came from the Moss era only want to see points on the board and long TDs.
    To them, winning games, winning the Super Bowl, that's secondary to their entertainment from seeing long TDs.

Hell, look at this board even... we were 10 - 6 last year... we won the NFC North... look at how many naysayers still remain on this board after a great season.
    I agree with both singer and Marr in that, the current fan base wants the flash, and wow factor of the Moss era. For me, I like the power football we employ now... do I miss the high flying three deep... sure, but I've been a football fan for 40 years, and I know that we are on the right track. Defense, a great rushing attack, does win, and if we only improve a little on offense we are heading for a big post season run. Patience you Moss era fans, will be rewarded as you find that grinding down an opponent is a thing of beauty also.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I think people were upset because they saw we won DESPITE our coach. Honestly, just call a spade a spade... there were reasons why people were chanting "Fire Childress" halfway through the season even when we weren't doing that bad. From personnel choices to in-game decisions... the guy just looks lost out there and people recognize that.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I don't think number 2 or 3 on the list mean anything. Therefore they aren't worth watching.

But number one is something that I long for. Either a proven receiver or a QB upgrade on draft day makes a lot of sense to me. Boldin would be expensive in both draft picks and salary cap. And there have been some durability issues and rumors regarding his hip.
    But he may be worth the price if we plan on sticking with TJ/Rosen.
    Give the QB the best tools to get the job done.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Let the drivel begin.

I agree with both singer and Marr in that, the current fan base wants the flash, and wow factor of the Moss era. For me, I like the power football we employ now... do I miss the high flying three deep... sure, but I've been a football fan for 40 years, and I know that we are on the right track. Defense, a great rushing attack, does win, and if we only improve a little on offense we are heading for a big post season run. Patience you Moss era fans, will be rewarded as you find that grinding down an opponent is a thing of beauty also.
    All good point from each and everyone of you.......which brings me back to my statement.....

a new fan base that appreciates the game for what it is.
    I loved watching Moss catch big bombs but I also know that there is a hell of alot more to the game.
    In short, I can appreciate a 3 - 0 game.
    Seems to me that the current fan base can't.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"C" wrote:
    I think people were upset because they saw we won DESPITE our coach. Honestly, just call a spade a spade... there were reasons why people were chanting "Fire Childress" halfway through the season even when we weren't doing that bad. From personnel choices to in-game decisions... the guy just looks lost out there and people recognize that.
    I knew we couldn't keep on agreeing.

For the life of me I can't understand how a NFL team can win dispite its head coach.
    Just call a spade a spade.....You guys don't like him cause he looks dumb in front of a camera instead of what he actually does on the field.

Seriously, has anyone else watch other HC's make decisions during actual games?
    All of them do something stupid.
    ALL OF THEM.

We were fricken 10-6 and won the Div.
    We hosted a fricken Playoff game.
    We have a dominating defense that will only get better.
    We have a premier RB, if not the best in the league.

Fix some pass protection issues on the OL and improve QB play and we will even be more dynamic and yet all we get is

"I'm not buying tickets until the HC is gone".

Guess what?
    The HC is getting ready to leave.
    The owner is gonna take him, and the team to a new fan base that will appreciate what they have.
    :

"Sorry CMacD, not pointed at you.
    I am on the rag today with respect to the "Fans" of the team."

Just call a spade a spade
    Just try to avoid calling it a f***ing shovel ;D

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast