Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Birk's agent says center will attend minicamp

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    This should give Birk every reason to play hard this year. End of contract and player in the works. Why would he want to leave a team on the rise. You know he wants a ring.
    He doesn't. He probably reads PP.O & is just doing it to piss-off Marrdro.
    :P
    he has nothing else to do if he isnt at camp
    Birk will work out this offseason with former Vikings long snapper Mike Morris, who annually organizes a group of local athletes at his home gym. Birk and Morris worked together in a similar capacity last year
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/16970071.html
    so he works outs with his boy friend, let him alone lol
    well in between sets then
    We're bringing purple back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"gregair13" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=45378.msg786816#msg786816 date=1212247918]
    This should give Birk every reason to play hard this year. End of contract and player in the works. Why would he want to leave a team on the rise. You know he wants a ring.
    He doesn't. He probably reads PP.O & is just doing it to piss-off Marrdro.
    :P
    he has nothing else to do if he isnt at camp
    Birk will work out this offseason with former Vikings long snapper Mike Morris, who annually organizes a group of local athletes at his home gym. Birk and Morris worked together in a similar capacity last year
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/16970071.html
    so he works outs with his boy friend, let him alone lol
    well in between sets then
    [/quote]

In between sets, he's probably spending quality time with his family & managing his restaurant Matty B's.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Out of respect to Coach [Brad] Childress and the team Matt intends to be at the minicamp," Joe Linta said.

I don't like this, I was hoping Birk would show up out of respect for himself, instead of just doing it for the Coach. I don't like the fact that we have so much talent and enthusiasm as a team and we got one guy who is key to our offense that hasn't showed up to 7 practices already and now he's only doing it for the coach. IMO Birk is a bit big headed and arrogent. I really hope he's doin what it takes when it comes to conditioning, because we should have a long season.

IdahoViking is offline Rookie

Birk has been beat up the past few years, I think he's pulling a veteran move like Strahan did.
    Let's hope he's fresh and we get the same results.
    Don't worry, I'll take care of it!!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Out of respect to Coach [Brad] Childress and the team Matt intends to be at the minicamp," Joe Linta said.

I don't like this, I was hoping Birk would show up out of respect for himself, instead of just doing it for the Coach. I don't like the fact that we have so much talent and enthusiasm as a team and we got one guy who is key to our offense that hasn't showed up to 7 practices already and now he's only doing it for the coach. IMO Birk is a bit big headed and arrogent. I really hope he's doin what it takes when it comes to conditioning, because we should have a long season.

Big headed and arrogant because he doesn't show up to VOLUNTARY offseason workouts to get in shape on his own witch he's done before?
    What a crock.
    Basically it tells me that Matt has a pretty good offseason workout program and he's going to show up at the minicamp because he's respecting the wishes of Childress who would like him to be there, seems like he's being pretty reasonable to me.
    I'm not going to waste my time looking it up but I'm sure a couple guys like T.O. and company(Pac-Man is going to be able to practice with the team) are at these OTAs, does that make Birk more of a headcase than them?
    Why don't you save humrumphs for when Birk starts making demands, gets in trouble, or is caught juicing.
    Birk has always been a level headed guy and a good team player on the Vikings and I just don't see anyway possible he can be portrayed as the arrogant superstar type.

"Schutz" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Big headed and arrogant because he doesn't show up to VOLUNTARY offseason workouts to get in shape on his own witch he's done before?
    What a crock.
    Basically it tells me that Matt has a pretty good offseason workout program and he's going to show up at the minicamp because he's respecting the wishes of Childress who would like him to be there, seems like he's being pretty reasonable to me.
    I'm not going to waste my time looking it up but I'm sure a couple guys like T.O. and company(Pac-Man is going to be able to practice with the team) are at these OTAs, does that make Birk more of a headcase than them?
    Why don't you save humrumphs for when Birk starts making demands, gets in trouble, or is caught juicing.
    Birk has always been a level headed guy and a good team player on the Vikings and I just don't see anyway possible he can be portrayed as the arrogant superstar type.
    Yes these are voluntary but we're talking the NFL here, no fines and such can handed out for not showing up but deep down this disappoints the Head Coach, especailly when all other players not missing voluntaries because of off-the field issue are attending. Birk probably does a fine job working out with Morris but as far as conditioning goes I'm not to sure how sound that is. Last year was a perfect example of Birk showing fatigue late in the season. There are many fans here very aware that the Center position plays a vital role in our offense, last year there was too much miscomunnication and mishap, any and all practice is needed in order to correct this. Starting from OTA's all the way through minicamps.

Birk is definitly big headed, I garuntee right now he feels he actually earned that Pro Bowl ballot last year, our coaching staff knows otherwise, the reason he is not got a contract extension. I would much rather have Matt Birk than TO or PacMan in our locker room. Birk does seem somewhat negative at times and speaks loudly about team. He ran down Moss in the locker room to tell him how upset he was, but here we are in 2008 with great optomism for the season and the only guy that hasn't shown up to practice yet is Matt Birk.

I respect Birk for what he's been able to do for us in Minnesota but the time is near. He will finish this season without recieving a contract extension then all the Birk fans can scream and cry just as loud as they did when we let Corey Chavous go. I'm looking foward to watching John Sullivan manning the center position for years to come.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

What a crock.
    Yes these are voluntary but we're talking the NFL here, no fines and such can handed out for not showing up but deep down this disappoints the Head Coach, especailly when all other players not missing voluntaries because of off-the field issue are attending. Birk probably does a fine job working out with Morris but as far as conditioning goes I'm not to sure how sound that is. Last year was a perfect example of Birk showing fatigue late in the season. There are many fans here very aware that the Center position plays a vital role in our offense, last year there was too much miscomunnication and mishap, any and all practice is needed in order to correct this. Starting from OTA's all the way through minicamps.

Birk is definitly big headed, I garuntee right now he feels he actually earned that Pro Bowl ballot last year, our coaching staff knows otherwise, the reason he is not got a contract extension. I would much rather have Matt Birk than TO or PacMan in our locker room. Birk does seem somewhat negative at times and speaks loudly about team. He ran down Moss in the locker room to tell him how upset he was, but here we are in 2008 with great optomism for the season and the only guy that hasn't shown up to practice yet is Matt Birk.

I respect Birk for what he's been able to do for us in Minnesota but the time is near. He will finish this season without recieving a contract extension then all the Birk fans can scream and cry just as loud as they did when we let Corey Chavous go. I'm looking foward to watching John Sullivan manning the center position for years to come.
    Why all the hate. Did he steal your lunch?

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

What a crock.

Its not Hate brotha, its honesty, I see through to what is.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

What a crock.

So the same goes for Chester Taylor then?

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    [quote author=VikingsTw link=topic=45378.msg786914#msg786914 date=1212260431]

What a crock.

So the same goes for Chester Taylor then?
    [/quote]

If Chester Taylor missed OTA's because his daught is sick in the hospital, then no, he has good reason to miss. From what I understand Chester is missing practices because of a family emergency. Matt Birk is a completely different story.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast