Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Bills Release OT Mike Williams

"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    I wouldnt mind Runyan either.
    wurd!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"tylersieve" wrote:
    I THINKI IT WOULD BE GREAT BUT ITALIAN STALION R U A GUY OR A GIRL I HOPE A GIRL CUZZ LOOK AT YER PICK U *** ***
    That Av is a PPO icon around here and we all ogle it every chance we get

Lay off the Avatar

IT, BTW, congrats on 3900 posts.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    I wouldnt mind Runyan either.
    I think Runyen is going to do everything possible to stay in Philly. He basically said that he would take 25% less than what any team will be offering just to stay in Philly.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"tylersieve" wrote:
    I THINKI IT WOULD BE GREAT BUT ITALIAN STALION R U A GUY OR A GIRL I HOPE A GIRL CUZZ LOOK AT YER PICK U *** ***
    Stallion is a guy, and we've had this conversation about his avatar before. Don't come in here and start shit with an established member, it's not a good idea.

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

Williams just might need better coaching and if he is cheap bring him in and see what he has. If he sucks get rid of him.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Bills release former No. 4 pick Williams
    Associated Press

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Offensive lineman Mike Williams was released by the Bills on Thursday, ending an disappointing four-year tenure in Buffalo for the former No. 4 draft pick.

The move allows the Bills to save more than $3 million in salary cap space for next season. Williams had two years left on his contract, was due a $3 million roster bonus in July and was scheduled to count about $10.8 million against the cap next season.

"Salary cap issues certainly fit into that," general manager Marv Levy told Buffalo's WIVB-TV, while attending the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis. "There's some difficult decisions that have to be made and we would like to address them early if we can. ... It's never fun to release a player."

Williams' agent, David Dunn, declined comment.

Williams' release did not come as a surprise because of his hefty salary and his history of sporadic performances. Last year was his worst. He lost his starting job at right tackle to undrafted free agent Jason Peters midway through the season.

Attempts to convert Williams into a left guard failed when he hurt his back, an injury that forced him to miss the final five games of the season.

In four seasons, Williams started 47 games.

His future was in question in Buffalo even before team president Tom Donahoe was fired in January and coach Mike Mularkey resigned a week later.

Levy, who replaced Donahoe, also questioned Williams' ability and work ethic as recently as last week.

A former star at Texas, Williams was the first offensive lineman selected in the 2002 draft.

The solid run blocker struggled in pass situations, a knock that prevented the team from using him at left tackle -- a more demanding position.

Williams' off-field problems led to further questions.

He was fined by the team after being unexcused for a training camp session in 2004. Williams, who also missed numerous optional minicamps earlier that spring, cited undisclosed personal reasons for missing practice.

On his way to a home game against Houston in 2003, Williams flipped his truck and hurt his shoulder, forcing him to miss the game.

Williams' release comes a day after the Bills designated cornerback Nate Clements their franchise player, retaining his rights by offering him a $5.89 million contract.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I see alot more negatives in that story than positives, just because of that, I think we could do better.

Looks like he has the same issues as Rosenthal also when it comes to blocking...Good run blocker, but sucks pass blocking..

I say skip him...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

aceclown is offline Coach

I remember in the 02 draft when the Bills were 3rd or 4th on the board and they had their pick of McKinnie or Williams. I couldnt believe the passed on McKinnie, I was literally jumping for joy when we got McKinnie at #7.

Chuch.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

My sig says it all!! Sign these two and that is all we need on the O baby.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    I see alot more negatives in that story than positives, just because of that, I think we could do better.

Looks like he has the same issues as Rosenthal also when it comes to blocking...Good run blocker, but sucks pass blocking..

I say skip him...
    Good point...but it probably couldn't hurt to give him a tryout and sign him to a minimum contract with incentives if he is decent in the tryout. Remember, he is a good run blocker! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast