Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Biggest Bust in 06?

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    mario williams, most of his sacks came against smaller crappier colleges; he didn't do much against good schools.
    Wow...finally someone says it! I second it!!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"SharperVikings" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    mario williams, most of his sacks came against smaller crappier colleges; he didn't do much against good schools.
    heck yeah, i was reading about him and they said he got lots of sacks in games against crappy teams but he basically did nothing against the better teams. and like we all know there wasn't many good offensive lineman in the draft!
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I bet half of you people have never seen McCargo play.. He is very, very good.

My pick is Haloti Ngata. He looks like he had no explosion off the snap. Just a fat guy that took up space.
    I agree, he looked like he was playing at half speed all the time and only beat guys when they were much weaker than him.

Thanks Lotza!

minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

"damien927" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I bet half of you people have never seen McCargo play.. He is very, very good.

My pick is Haloti Ngata. He looks like he had no explosion off the snap. Just a fat guy that took up space.
    I agree, he looked like he was playing at half speed all the time and only beat guys when they were much weaker than him.
    I agree, like the way you put it too, just a fat guy taking up space, who plays at half speed, but then again, Ray Lewis might help whip him into shape.

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    "SharperVikings" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    heck yeah, i was reading about him and they said he got lots of sacks in games against crappy teams but he basically did nothing against the better teams. and like we all know there wasn't many good offensive lineman in the draft!
    Hahaha! You guys have got to be kidding me. He plays in the ACC and had to go up against winston justice and D'brickishaw ferguson for his career. What a fricken joke... :roll: :roll: :roll:

You read something about him not playing against good schools.. The ACC had the most 1st round picks in the entire draft and Mario Williams has played in 2 bowl games.

You read something, I've watched him for his whole career. Julius peppers played in the exact same league and look what he's done.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Bush is the gonna be the biggest bust of 2006

Of course, Bush was the biggest bust of 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003. 2004, 2005 but we don't wanna open up that can of worms.

UMDTwinsfan is offline Rookie

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    Bush is the gonna be the biggest bust of 2006

Of course, Bush was the biggest bust of 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003. 2004, 2005 but we don't wanna open up that can of worms.
    and yet you did...bad form bad form haha :lol:
    Mike Tyson~ "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    [img:01cfef02d5]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/MNTwins757/mine/Chrissfistattempt.jpg[/img:01cfef02d5]

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

"Stat of the Week I

The tackle and sack totals of new Houston defensive end Mario Williams against the three Division I-AA opponents he faced while at North Carolina State (right).

Three low-level foes, zero sacks.

I've heard a lot of good things about Williams from people I trust, including that he'll be a great NFL end either in a 3-4 or in the 4-3. But I can also tell you this: Two of the teams with a top five pick in the draft were scared of him because of his up-and-down play over three years.

Apparently, many in the crowd at the site of the draft agreed. "OVER-RATED! OVER-RATED!' they chanted throughout Radio City Music Hall as Williams took the stage to be introduced as the first pick. We'll see. But there's going to be an incredible amount of pressure on him."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...b.draft/1.html

Quoted from Peter King's MMQ posted today on SI.com
    Coaches and critics are just afraid that Williams was inconsistant throughtout his college career.

And you can also argue the fact that there were two other D lineman drafted that played on the same line with Williams, so you gotta ask if those other guys helped Williams look better than he really is. I mean if he wasnt the only big threat on that line than it would be hard for O-lines to double team him, leaving him with more one on ones and able to make more plays.

Dont get me wrong I think he will be a good player, but not good enough to pass up Bush for.

jhirchak1 is offline Rookie

Cook - the center we drafted from New Mexico. Not that alot of people thought he'd be good, but apparently we did, drafting him in the 2nd round. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not on an NFL roster in 2 seasons.

I will have to say LenDale white since people won't have high expectations of him and he won't put forth anything of value to his team! But if Reggie Bush has anything less than a good season, then he will atomatically be labelled the biggest bust since people look so high of him!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast