Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The BEST pure RB in the Draft...and I want him to be a V

"Jeremy" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    Williams weighed in at 207 at his pro day, he is a bit on the smallish side.
    Standing at just 5 feet 8 inches, most college coaches thought he was too small. Recruited as a kick returner, Sanders spent his first two years at Oklahoma State University as a backup for All-American Running Back Thurman Thomas.

The Detroit Lions selected Barry Sanders third overall with their 1st-round pick in the 1989 draft. Though again there were concerns about his size it turned out that these concerns were mostly unfounded. Sanders was far too quick for defenders to hit solidly on a consistent basis, and too strong to bring down with arm tackles. Though short, Sanders was very stocky -- his playing weight of 200 pounds was in fact the same as Walter Payton and only slightly under the NFL average for a back

http://www.answers.com/topic/barry-sanders
    Williams is no Barry Sanders. Sanders had moves on top of moves. The closest thing to Barry in this draft is Reggie Bush.
    Just making the point ... you said he was on the "smallish" side. He's bigger than Barry coming into the league and almost as fast ... all i'm saying.

If your going off of measureables.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    Standing at just 5 feet 8 inches, most college coaches thought he was too small. Recruited as a kick returner, Sanders spent his first two years at Oklahoma State University as a backup for All-American Running Back Thurman Thomas.

The Detroit Lions selected Barry Sanders third overall with their 1st-round pick in the 1989 draft. Though again there were concerns about his size it turned out that these concerns were mostly unfounded. Sanders was far too quick for defenders to hit solidly on a consistent basis, and too strong to bring down with arm tackles. Though short, Sanders was very stocky -- his playing weight of 200 pounds was in fact the same as Walter Payton and only slightly under the NFL average for a back

Williams is no Barry Sanders. Sanders had moves on top of moves. The closest thing to Barry in this draft is Reggie Bush.
    Just making the point ... you said he was on the "smallish" side. He's bigger than Barry coming into the league and almost as fast ... all i'm saying.

True, also didn't Reggie Bush weigh in at 201 at the combine? Yet you rarely hear people knock him for his size.

Jeremy is offline Starter

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:

True, also didn't Reggie Bush weigh in at 201 at the combine? Yet you rarely hear people knock him for his size.
    Because he has moves like Barry Sanders. Bush has the ability to chage direction like no other back in the draft. Williams does not.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The BEST pure RB in the Draft...and I want him to be a Vike!

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    We thought that we were set at running back last year at this time to, and what happens? In case you don't remember I'll fill you in.

O. Smith - Failed drug test, buh-bye
    M. Bennett - Failed running test, in other words, he sucks
    M. Moore - He is a keeper, but didn't get the needed oppurtunities
    M. Williams - From what I hear, a class act and a better guy off the field than player on it, which isn't saying much.
    For the most part, what you say is true...but let's not forget how bad the o-line played last year.

I think Cajun may feel for DeAngello like Madden does for Favre :lol: JK!

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    I think Cajun may feel for DeAngello like Madden does for Favre :lol: JK!
    Ya Think?

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Just some fun facts I put together:

Lendale: (career - 3 seasons)
    http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2005&org=657&player=21

541 attempts / 3,228 rushing yds / 5.97 yrd per attempt / 57 TD's

Maroney (career - 3 seasons)
    http://scoreboards.aol.com/football/ncaaf/team/mn/team_news.aspx

660 attempts / 3,933 rushing yds / 5.96 yrd per attempt / 32 TD's

DeAngelo Williams (career - 4 seasons)
    http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2005&org=404&player=20

969 attempts / 6,280 rushing yds / 6.48 yrd per attempt / 60 TD's

They are all pretty even statistically, except Lendales TD's were over 3 yrs where DeAngelos were over 4 years.

The arguement could be made that Maroney's #'s and Lendale's #'s were lower because of Bush and BarberIII/Russell compared to DeAngelo. Not to mention the lesser competition DeAngelo played against overall.

To each their own, you can't go wrong with any of them.

"ZDoy379" wrote:
    hes right u guys. cajun had a nice draft. we can take d'qwell jackson in the second round. hes the #1 ILB IMO. he could play OLB at the next level too so you never know. DeAngelo/Jackson/Jacobs. seems like a nice first 2 rounds of the draft we can maybe get OL and CB in the next.
    He is absolutly right! even though we brought in chestor taylor, how can you pass up a stud like this? We have more then capible line backers now and if we get abdul hodge, or dquel jackson in round 2, that would be awesome!

he is right....!

WSWR is offline Training Camp

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    We need offensive weapons.. Last year that was our problem.. Not our D.. Not our LB's..

Onterrio- BLEW his chance...
    Bennett- Gone
    Fason- Weak
    Moe- Old and not a starter
    MM- WAYYY injury prone
    Chester- Don't know yet..

Get DeAngelo.. He will be a stud.. Ran behind a HORRID line.. Was the best back in the nation IMO last couple years.. Well Bush is special but DeAngelo needs some props.. Thier line is horrible and thier QB was a 4th string WR or something I heard.. He carried that team!

DeAngelo in the first..
    Hodge in the 2nd

O Smith - Good and may come back
    Fason - How can you say hes weak? He barely got any playing time.
    Moe - Aint a starter but can still play
    MM Solid
    Taylor - Perfect tools
    AE - Power with speed

DWill will be a stud but we dont need him.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

I would hope nobody here would try to say that Taylor is unproven and turn around and talk about DeAngelo with 0 NFL carries and use that as an excuse to take him. We still have 4 active RBs on the roster with no nickel back so I would take Tye Hill or Antonio Cromartie before I'd go after DeAngelo Williams.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast