Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    TroyWilliamson is offline Starter

Re: The BEST pure RB in the Draft...and I want him to be a Vike!

While I am a huge DeAngelo Williams fan I have to agree that there are more pressing needs.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

We thought that we were set at running back last year at this time to, and what happens? In case you don't remember I'll fill you in.

O. Smith - Failed drug test, buh-bye
    M. Bennett - Failed running test, in other words, he sucks
    M. Moore - He is a keeper, but didn't get the needed oppurtunities
    M. Williams - From what I hear, a class act and a better guy off the field than player on it, which isn't saying much.

LOL Cajun! I was going to post this article specifically for you this evening because you are the only other person on this board that is as big a Williams fan as me. I would LOVE to see us build a championship calibre team around this guy. He could be beast with high character for a decade!!

Then again we do have bigger needs. I know I'm not objective on this one though, so my opinion shouldn't carry any wieght.

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The BEST pure RB in the Draft...and I want him to be a V

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    We have bigger needs # 17 than running back! (AKA Linebacker!)
    We already have 4 candidates (one former 1st rounder, two former 2nd rounders, and one who we just dropped a ton of money on) for the three spots...plus we could pick up Donnie Edwards to play the middle for a decent price (which would INSTANTLY solidify the middle of our defense and our linebacking corps).

DeAngelo is a special talent...a SOLID RB that is cut from the mold that Emmitt, Walter and Barry were cut from...RBs that brought it every day...that focused on moving the chains...but that could take it to the house if you underestimated them. I don't know if what we have now can do that...I am confident that DeAngelo CAN. READ THE ARTICLE.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ZDoy379 is offline Starter

hes right u guys. cajun had a nice draft. we can take d'qwell jackson in the second round. hes the #1 ILB IMO. he could play OLB at the next level too so you never know. DeAngelo/Jackson/Jacobs. seems like a nice first 2 rounds of the draft we can maybe get OL and CB in the next.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

We need offensive weapons.. Last year that was our problem.. Not our D.. Not our LB's..

Onterrio- BLEW his chance...
    Bennett- Gone
    Fason- Weak
    Moe- Old and not a starter
    MM- WAYYY injury prone
    Chester- Don't know yet..

Get DeAngelo.. He will be a stud.. Ran behind a HORRID line.. Was the best back in the nation IMO last couple years.. Well Bush is special but DeAngelo needs some props.. Thier line is horrible and thier QB was a 4th string WR or something I heard.. He carried that team!

DeAngelo in the first..
    Hodge in the 2nd

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    We need offensive weapons.. Last year that was our problem.. Not our D.. Not our LB's..

Onterrio- BLEW his chance...
    Bennett- Gone
    Fason- Weak
    Moe- Old and not a starter
    MM- WAYYY injury prone
    Chester- Don't know yet..

Get DeAngelo.. He will be a stud.. Ran behind a HORRID line.. Was the best back in the nation IMO last couple years.. Well Bush is special but DeAngelo needs some props.. Thier line is horrible and thier QB was a 4th string WR or something I heard.. He carried that team!

DeAngelo in the first..
    Hodge in the 2nd
    I agree with just about everything you're saying except about Mewelde. I don't think that he is injury prone, just that he is "dog-house prone". Mewelde could be our 3rd down guy, and catch about 50 passes this year.

Look at Denver, we could have Deangelo be last years Mike Anderson. Chestor could be our Tatum Bell (not the running style, but the way we use him as a change of pace), and Mewelde could be our Ron Dayne (only with a little more PT). We have two decent-good backs now, but do you guys see either of them going for 1,500 yards?

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"Jeremy" wrote:
    Williams weighed in at 207 at his pro day, he is a bit on the smallish side.
    Standing at just 5 feet 8 inches, most college coaches thought he was too small. Recruited as a kick returner, Sanders spent his first two years at Oklahoma State University as a backup for All-American Running Back Thurman Thomas.

The Detroit Lions selected Barry Sanders third overall with their 1st-round pick in the 1989 draft. Though again there were concerns about his size it turned out that these concerns were mostly unfounded. Sanders was far too quick for defenders to hit solidly on a consistent basis, and too strong to bring down with arm tackles. Though short, Sanders was very stocky -- his playing weight of 200 pounds was in fact the same as Walter Payton and only slightly under the NFL average for a back

Sanders measured up at 5-foot-7 5/8, 203 pounds and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 --> (from his pre-draft workouts)

http://www.answers.com/topic/barry-sanders

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/release.jsp?release_id=1206

Jeremy is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    Did you NOT read the article?
    He's going off his listed college playing weight. That's why they have a combine and pro day workouts. To get accurate info on players. At nfl.com you can find what players weighed in at along with other times such as the 40 yard dash.

Williams (5-9, 207) ran his 40s in 4.40 seconds (with the wind) and 4.48 (against). He was wearing nubs, and he ran outdoors on a rubber track. He also ran the short shuttle in 4.10, the three-cone drill in 6.57 and the long shuttle in 10.61. In addition, he had a 34½-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-9 broad jump. He caught the ball well during positional drills.
    Memphis Pro Day Workout Results

Jeremy is offline Starter

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    Standing at just 5 feet 8 inches, most college coaches thought he was too small. Recruited as a kick returner, Sanders spent his first two years at Oklahoma State University as a backup for All-American Running Back Thurman Thomas.

The Detroit Lions selected Barry Sanders third overall with their 1st-round pick in the 1989 draft. Though again there were concerns about his size it turned out that these concerns were mostly unfounded. Sanders was far too quick for defenders to hit solidly on a consistent basis, and too strong to bring down with arm tackles. Though short, Sanders was very stocky -- his playing weight of 200 pounds was in fact the same as Walter Payton and only slightly under the NFL average for a back

http://www.answers.com/topic/barry-sanders
    Williams is no Barry Sanders. Sanders had moves on top of moves. The closest thing to Barry in this draft is Reggie Bush.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast