Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 111
  1. #101
    mnjamie's Avatar
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: The BEST pure RB in the Draft...and I want him to be a V

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Simplest concept...go to a school where they have NFL linemen and they will make you look better than you are.

    Once DeAngelo gets some real NFL linemen in front of him, he will make believers of you all...even you, jamie!

    Meanwhile, LenDale will be making "The Nutty Professor III" with Eddie Murphy..."Hercules, Hercules!" :lol:
    It looks like Don Vito (Len Pasquarelli) agrees with you cajun.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2413614&lpos=sp otlight&lid=tab1pos2
    I found the REAL "Hercules, Hercules!" (see the picture attached to the NFL Draft section in the Spotlight box on the left side of the page):

    http://espn.go.com/

    :lol:
    I would also take him in a heartbeat !!!! Justice is a manchild of a Mountain.

  2. #102
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Jeremy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    289

    Re: The BEST pure RB in the Draft...and I want him to be a V

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    Actually the Cowboys used the pass to set up the run in the Aikman/Irvin/Emmit days.

    [size=18px]Donnie Edwards is not a FA, San Diego is asking a 2nd round pick for him. He's on the trading block.[/size]

    The sooner they get a young QB to develop the better. With an aging starter at QB, we'd really be wasting a year by not bringing in somebody now to learn the system.

    The longer they wait the better chance of Johnson retiring and us being stuck with McMahon for a year.


    Link please ??? I have seen nothing about what they are asking for Donnie.
    Scroll down and read the "Linebacker For Hire" part
    You have to be kidding me the Cowboys used Emmitt as a workhorse and he set up the play action pass to Novacek and the WRs. The were a run first team not a pass first team.
    I'm gonna go ahead and agree with Darrin on this one. You don't become the NFL's all-time leading rusher when your team passes first and runs second.
    They passed to start off games. Emmit got the bulk of his carried in the second half. Hence, they pass to set up the run.

  3. #103
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Jeremy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    289

    Re: The BEST pure RB in the Draft...and I want him to be a Vike!

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    That first statement is a joke, right? Hardly anyone passes to set up the run...maybe Houston or Atlanta did in the old "Run and Shoot" offense...but certainly not Dallas in their Super Bowl days...you are really reaching here.
    No joke. It was one of the things that made their offense so unique at the time. The Colts pass to set up the run. Peyton Manning had 256 passing attempts in the first half or regular season games last year and 197 in the second half.

    The Vikings have done it for a lot of years, since Denny Green has took over as head coach. They may have said that they were a run first team, but it was pass first and run second.
    The problem is that it never works! The Rams, the Colts and the Vikes have all tried it over the past several years and they always have good offenses, but have trouble against good teams and in the playoffs.
    Rams won the Super Bowl.

  4. #104
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: The BEST pure RB in the Draft...and I want him to be a V

    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Actually the Cowboys used the pass to set up the run in the Aikman/Irvin/Emmit days.

    [size=18px]Donnie Edwards is not a FA, San Diego is asking a 2nd round pick for him. He's on the trading block.[/size]

    The sooner they get a young QB to develop the better. With an aging starter at QB, we'd really be wasting a year by not bringing in somebody now to learn the system.

    The longer they wait the better chance of Johnson retiring and us being stuck with McMahon for a year.


    Link please ??? I have seen nothing about what they are asking for Donnie.
    Scroll down and read the "Linebacker For Hire" part
    You have to be kidding me the Cowboys used Emmitt as a workhorse and he set up the play action pass to Novacek and the WRs. The were a run first team not a pass first team.
    I'm gonna go ahead and agree with Darrin on this one. You don't become the NFL's all-time leading rusher when your team passes first and runs second.
    They passed to start off games. Emmit got the bulk of his carried in the second half. Hence, they pass to set up the run.
    You are gonna have to show me PROOF of that before I am gonna buy that story. Almost 100% of teams consistently attempt to establish the run before establishing the passing game...it doesn't make any sense to do the opposite.

    Unless you can find me definitive PROOF that what you say is true, I will be forced to again sing...

    "Jeremy spoke out of his A$$ toda-a-a-a-a-a-y!" (sung to the tune of Pearl Jam's "Jeremy") :razz: :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  5. #105
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: The BEST pure RB in the Draft...and I want him to be a V

    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Simplest concept...go to a school where they have NFL linemen and they will make you look better than you are.

    Once DeAngelo gets some real NFL linemen in front of him, he will make believers of you all...even you, jamie!

    Meanwhile, LenDale will be making "The Nutty Professor III" with Eddie Murphy..."Hercules, Hercules!" :lol:
    It looks like Don Vito (Len Pasquarelli) agrees with you cajun.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2413614&lpos=sp otlight&lid=tab1pos2
    I found the REAL "Hercules, Hercules!" (see the picture attached to the NFL Draft section in the Spotlight box on the left side of the page):

    http://espn.go.com/

    :lol:
    I would also take him in a heartbeat !!!! Justice is a manchild of a Mountain.
    NO...he is "Hercules, Hercules!!!" :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #106
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Jeremy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    289

    Re: The BEST pure RB in the Draft...and I want him to be a Vike!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    As it was said earlier on this page of the thread, the Cowboys were a run first team, using Emmitt as a workhorse to set up the pass to the TE and WRs...he wouldn't have gotten as many yards as he did otherwise.
    You can still get your yards and carries with a team that uses the pass to set up the run. Edge had 360 carries this year on a team that used to pass to set up the run. It was the second highest total in the NFL by the way. The majority of Emmits carries came in the second half.

  7. #107
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: The BEST pure RB in the Draft...and I want him to be a Vike!

    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    As it was said earlier on this page of the thread, the Cowboys were a run first team, using Emmitt as a workhorse to set up the pass to the TE and WRs...he wouldn't have gotten as many yards as he did otherwise.
    You can still get your yards and carries with a team that uses the pass to set up the run. Edge had 360 carries this year on a team that used to pass to set up the run. It was the second highest total in the NFL by the way. The majority of Emmits carries came in the second half.
    It will be interesting to see how Indy sets up Domanick Rhodes next season with the pass...I am guessing that it won't work very well.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #108
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: The BEST pure RB in the Draft...and I want him to be a Vike!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    As it was said earlier on this page of the thread, the Cowboys were a run first team, using Emmitt as a workhorse to set up the pass to the TE and WRs...he wouldn't have gotten as many yards as he did otherwise.
    You can still get your yards and carries with a team that uses the pass to set up the run. Edge had 360 carries this year on a team that used to pass to set up the run. It was the second highest total in the NFL by the way. The majority of Emmits carries came in the second half.
    It will be interesting to see how Indy sets up Domanick Rhodes next season with the pass...I am guessing that it won't work very well.

    Indy will take a running back in the 1st round be it White, Maroney or DeAngelo. If any of the 3 fall to them they will take one of those backs.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  9. #109
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: The BEST pure RB in the Draft...and I want him to be a Vike!

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    As it was said earlier on this page of the thread, the Cowboys were a run first team, using Emmitt as a workhorse to set up the pass to the TE and WRs...he wouldn't have gotten as many yards as he did otherwise.
    You can still get your yards and carries with a team that uses the pass to set up the run. Edge had 360 carries this year on a team that used to pass to set up the run. It was the second highest total in the NFL by the way. The majority of Emmits carries came in the second half.
    It will be interesting to see how Indy sets up Domanick Rhodes next season with the pass...I am guessing that it won't work very well.

    Indy will take a running back in the 1st round be it White, Maroney or DeAngelo. If any of the 3 fall to them they will take one of those backs.
    So it will be interesting to see how Indy sets up their new RB with the pass!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #110
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Jeremy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    289

    Re: The BEST pure RB in the Draft...and I want him to be a Vike!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    As it was said earlier on this page of the thread, the Cowboys were a run first team, using Emmitt as a workhorse to set up the pass to the TE and WRs...he wouldn't have gotten as many yards as he did otherwise.
    You can still get your yards and carries with a team that uses the pass to set up the run. Edge had 360 carries this year on a team that used to pass to set up the run. It was the second highest total in the NFL by the way. The majority of Emmits carries came in the second half.
    It will be interesting to see how Indy sets up Domanick Rhodes next season with the pass...I am guessing that it won't work very well.

    Indy will take a running back in the 1st round be it White, Maroney or DeAngelo. If any of the 3 fall to them they will take one of those backs.
    So it will be interesting to see how Indy sets up their new RB with the pass!
    It already happened once. James was injured in 2001. Rhodes started in 10 games that year. 233 Attempts, 1104 yards, 9 TD's. If you want to see it, watch old game film of the Colts 2001 season.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pure sex, but is it safe?
    By Bkfldviking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 12:05 PM
  2. PURE Talent in Jacksonville
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 12:16 PM
  3. Possible Vike Draft Interview
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 07:41 AM
  4. pure youtube gold
    By happy camper in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 07:32 AM
  5. Pure camp: NFC
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 11:49 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •