Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The best potential free agents under 4-year rules

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099268
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099257
    About 30 other players that are on that list.

BTW- Potential and 6 bucks will buy you a Latte at the coffee house
    Whats really sad is that they are FA's at all.

They have some more to take care of that are due next year as well that will cause some ugly ripples through the locker room if they don't take care of them.

Contracts

Again, you extend your starts 1 or even 2 years out. You don't let them hit FA for cripes sake.
    It seems so straight forward to me that I can't see how you don't get it!

Not knowing the salary cap, the term or rules of free agency, or the revenue sharing means you are trying to negotiate a long term contract in the blind.
    I have every confidence that these issues will be resolved once the new cba is in place.
    Just so there is no confusion, both Rice and Edwards were offered long term contracts prior to the lockout. Neither one wanted to sign because they think they can get more elsewhere.
    The Vikings can't force them to sign and they can't over pay.

Of the free agents the Vikings have, I think they can afford to lose most of them. I don't think it will happen, but I think the Vikings are in better shape than most teams with regard to their free agents.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1099294

They have some more to take care of that are due next year as well that will cause some ugly ripples through the locker room if they don't take care of them.

Contracts

Again, you extend your starts 1 or even 2 years out. You don't let them hit FA for cripes sake.

Not knowing the salary cap, the term or rules of free agency, or the revenue sharing means you are trying to negotiate a long term contract in the blind.
    I have every confidence that these issues will be resolved once the new cba is in place.
    Just so there is no confusion, both Rice and Edwards were offered long term contracts prior to the lockout. Neither one wanted to sign because they think they can get more elsewhere.

Of the free agents the Vikings have, I think they can afford to lose most of them. I don't think it will happen, but I think the Vikings are in better shape than most teams with regard to their free agents.
    he can't see it because he doesn't want to see it.

He seems quite content hating... sorry, expressing disdain towards specific members of the team for no apparent reason, and coming up with any excuse his mind can fabricate to support his "reasoning".

Even if 95% of people disagree with him, and have overwhelming proof to say otherwise, he sticks to his guns.

Think about it, when's the last time Marrdro has conceded defeat in a 'discussion'.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099295

Contracts

He seems quite content hating... sorry, expressing disdain towards specific members of the team for no apparent reason, and coming up with any excuse his mind can fabricate to support his "reasoning".

Even if 95% of people disagree with him, and have overwhelming proof to say otherwise, he sticks to his guns.

Think about it, when's the last time Marrdro has conceded defeat in a 'discussion'.
    Good point.

I wonder which players will fall under his wrath this season?

He already has Frzier with 'no power', and calling Musgrave Musgrove.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1099299

Contracts

Good point.

The ironic thing is, he claims ever since Browner left, he refuses to have a favourite player. He sure has no problem with doing the exact opposite though.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1099243
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099240
    TO, Randy Moss, Santana Moss,
    I thought that list looked a little funny when I first saw it. I think it is missing the free agents who have been in the league for awhile.

Here's the other list I have for wide receivers.

Randy Moss,
    Terrell Owens,
    Chad Ochocinco,
    Steve Smith,
    Plaxico Burress,
    Braylon Edwards

I believe this list is only referring to people who would have been RFAs under the old CBA that are now eligible to become UFAs
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Contracts

Good point.

And then for some reason I get the title of PPO negative nancy lol.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099334

Contracts

Good point.

And then for some reason I get the title of PPO negative nancy lol.
    Don't flatter yourself. There is clearly competition for that title.

BTW: since you've changed your avatar, you've become my favorite poster. Much rather see the board populated with blue butts, then Marrdro's mug hamming it up with some slimy fish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12