Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Best guesses for Vikes FA

"PurpleManiac" wrote:
    Don't want Archeluta, he's too slow and dumb to be a safety...instead as I've overstated many times, let's draft a safety and let Offord and *ahem* Greg Blue compete for the starting job.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. Archeluta is not a very good safety and is still getting fame for being over hyped when he was a draft prospect, due to him being a physical freak. He hasn't been able to take that physical ability, and translate it into being a good safety in the NFL. I would definitely stick with Offord over him, and it would save us a ton of money. Offord and say a safety in the 2nd round would be fine by me, or bring in a cheaper vet who has played the cover 2 alot, to be a backup and teach Offord.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Childress reportedly likes Bennett....don't be surprised to see him come back....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

"audioghost" wrote:
    Childress reportedly likes Bennett....don't be surprised to see him come back....
    If I am not mistaken, BC helped recruit Bennett to Wisc. So it is no great surprise that he likes him. And Bennett has expressed an interest in staying with the Vikes. I just think he has been to prone to injuries lately.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"audioghost" wrote:

I've heard that to, but still don't see it happening. At the very least, bennett is gonna listen to offers from other teams. And I really don't see Childress telling bennett that if he comes back, he will be the #1 back and starter here(which is what bennett will be looking to hear from some team). The only way I see bennett back, is if he realizes no team is gonna offer him the starting job and starting job money. With his injury problems, I guess that very well may happen, but I bet there will be at least 1 team out there stupid enough to over pay and sign bennett(Denny in Arizona would be one I would bet on).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234