Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Best guesses for Vikes FA

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    andra davis, akin ayodele, adam archuleta..nuff said
    andra davis was resigned b cleveland

I'm all for picking up Adam Archuleta and Will Allen.
    why would we need another CB?

I want Akin Ayodele and LeCharles Bentley/Steve Hutchinson.
    oh, i didnt know that (davis resigning), i mustve used an old site to see who FA's are..ayodele needs to be brought in though for at least a visit, because he is an absolute beast..archuleta is a safety, and better than chavous in my opinion..a corner to compete with smoot for the starting spot opposite to winfield is a must because we dont have a 3rd corner that is any good
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Hutchinson would be the ultimate target IMO.....For some odd reason I don't want James- maybe it's that he hardly ever gets big gains...consistantly get's 4-5 yards and then some 15 yds but he seems to be the type that will only thrive in the Colt's offense (much like Wayne).

Alexander would be welcome anyday except he most likely will resign with Seattle too.

Don't want Archeluta, he's too slow and dumb to be a safety...instead as I've overstated many times, let's draft a safety and let Offord and *ahem* Greg Blue compete for the starting job.

I think we will resign Bennet....He should come cheaper then expected since he's got a history of injuries but that speed willd draw him alot of buyers.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

resign bennett? do u have no interest in finding an all down bruising back either through the draft of FA? thats a waste of money whether he comes cheap or not..onterrio smith will come a hell of a lot cheaper than bennett, and he was a better back when he was playing here anyways..we still need to pursue jamal lewis and potentially shawn alexander in addition to letting bennett go, and signing onterrio smith back
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree, Onterio is a better back but why not resign Bennet if we can get him cheap????? What's there to lose....if we resign him and he does bad we can always trade him to Dennyland.

A bruiser back would be awesome, I'm sure though that ever coach in the league thinks that way too, it ain't going to be easy to get Alexander or James...let's just say the odds of us landing either one is really really really low. They probably want a team that is already set and has a good O-line. Like I said though, Alexander most likely will resign with the SeaHawks.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

"Prophet" wrote:
    If the Vikings can sign a good power running RB and can sign Bennett on the cheap it would be a great combination. Wear out the defenses with power and let Bennett do some running. One of many options available.

On a side note....gol 'darnit, my lab has some nasty smelling toots, she needs to go outside...I'm ready to faint here.
    IF you can give me a good reason to sign a power running back to a west coast offense...I may agree

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

i'd keep fontui, withrow, edinger, and koren robinson. we all know we have to keep edinger even though he wasn't the greatest look at our kicking situation all the way back to anderson's missed field goal in 98 ever since then our kickers and punters have sucked until we got kluwe and edinger.

as far as other free agents we'll get whoever fits into our scheme on offense and defense cause that would be best.

no we shouldn't keep bennett and pay him 3 mil a year so he can get hurt and be a backup. jamal lewis and mewelde moore and try out smith and see how he comes through or trade him cause if he gets into trouble again he makes us look bad again.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Prophet Guest

"IbleedPURPLEandGOLD" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    If the Vikings can sign a good power running RB and can sign Bennett on the cheap it would be a great combination. Wear out the defenses with power and let Bennett do some running. One of many options available....
    IF you can give me a good reason to sign a power running back to a west coast offense...I may agree
    Following is the opinion of Don Seeholzer from the Pioneer Press titled, "Offensive scheme could be good fit
    Vikings switching to West Coast system found in the article posted by OldManVike ( http://purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17763&start =45 ), I tend to agree with Don:

...That leaves running back, which was considered a top priority for the Vikings even before the change in offense.

With Michael Bennett headed for unrestricted free agency and Onterrio Smith serving a one-year suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, it's clearly a need position, but Spielman said Mewelde Moore has some of the same traits as Eagles running back Brian Westbrook.

"The running backs have to be able to catch the ball in this system, and Moore can do that," Spielman said. "So can Onterrio Smith, who has a lot of issues besides just the talent on the field, but they need probably to add kind of a workhorse back into that mix.

"If you look at Philly, they wanted (Correll) Buckhalter to be that guy, but he always ended up getting hurt. I think you need a combination. You need to have that pass-catching back who can be a mismatch on linebackers, but you need a guy to pound the ball as well."...

"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:
    I Think Jamal Lewis and Michael Bennett ,Moore,Smith,Fason would be a nice RB rotation. Unless we can get Shaun Alexander or James.
    \

Very true, however, the Seahawks are $20 million under the salary cap and its almost certain that they will sign him to a monster contract. As for James, the Colts will have difficulty signing him, as the Colts are dead even on the Salary Cap Situation.
    (The Colts will once again have to make a decision about what to do with Edgerrin James. Since he's guaranteed to make 20% more than he did last year, it is highly unlikely that GM Bill Polian and the Colts will be able to absorb that price tag, as they are right at the projected cap marker. The question is whether or not they'll consider giving him a long-term contract.)
    If I were the vikings I would stick to Jamal Lewis....James will have to high of a price tag which will absorb a lot of our money, which is needed for other fixes on the team!

"SharperVikings" wrote:
    "ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:
    I Think Jamal Lewis and Michael Bennett ,Moore,Smith,Fason would be a nice RB rotation. Unless we can get Shaun Alexander or James.
    \

Very true, however, the Seahawks are $20 million under the salary cap and its almost certain that they will sign him to a monster contract. As for James, the Colts will have difficulty signing him, as the Colts are dead even on the Salary Cap Situation.
    (The Colts will once again have to make a decision about what to do with Edgerrin James. Since he's guaranteed to make 20% more than he did last year, it is highly unlikely that GM Bill Polian and the Colts will be able to absorb that price tag, as they are right at the projected cap marker. The question is whether or not they'll consider giving him a long-term contract.)
    If I were the vikings I would stick to Jamal Lewis....James will have to high of a price tag which will absorb a lot of our money, which is needed for other fixes on the team!
    but what about Lewis' off field baggage?

VikesAllTheWay112642 is offline Training Camp

I would like to see us sign:

Steve Hutchinson-OG
    Will Witerspoon-OLB or Julian Peterson-OLB
    Akin Ayodele-OLB-Move to MLB
    Tank Williams-SS or Chris Hop-FS(Move to SS)
    Maybe Chestor Taylor-RB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast