Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Tom2Bucs is offline Rookie

Berrian NOT to be franchised.

I http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=112301

think this would be a good grab for us, what do u guys think?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Berrian NOT to be franchised.

"Tom2Bucs" wrote:
    I http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=112301

think this would be a good grab for us, what do u guys think?
    I'm not in favor of over spending in free agency. However, I feel we would get pretty good production as long as we don't break the bank on him.
    I hope we make a run at him. But he would need to improve his blocking skills to fit in this offense.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

yay, another guy who's not a #1 receiver, sign him up

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

Chazz is online now Coordinator

He won't be interested in coming to a team with QB problems. Look at Curtis last year, we went after him heavily. Then he signed with Philly for substansually less money. That being said...I wouldn't mind seeing him in purple.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"minvikes01" wrote:
    yay, another guy who's not a #1 receiver, sign him up
    Not a #1 WR how?

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I'm torn on this, Berrian would be a nice addition, but we'd have to add him before the draft, and WR appears to be the strongest position in the draft.

I guess as long as we don't draft for need, and take the BPA, I'd be alright with it.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

Personally, I hope the Vikings make signing him a top priority. He is a very good receiver (though not elite), and he would be the perfect compliment to Rice. He has great speed to stretch the field, and the quickness to make plays after the catch. He might be a little overpaid, but nowadays who isn't? We really need a boost in the passing game, and Berrian would be a great addition. Stealing him form a division rival just makes it all the better.

I could really see the Vikings' FO making a big push for Berrian, and I think he would be interested in coming to Minnesota. Here he would be the 'star' in the passing game, something that he wants. Also, he would be facing mainly single coverage due to Peterson, and I think he would love the chance to get to play against his old team twice a year.

This year's free agent market is completely devoid of any great playmakers on offense, and Berrian is about as good as its going to get. Unless someone like Javon Walker is cut, there really aren't any other options. Trading for a high end receiver is just too expensive, and drafting 1st round receivers is too risky. Berrian is exactly the type of player we need, and I hope we grab him when we have the chance.

The Vikings are a team on the rise, and I think that in the next few years, players are going to realize that we are building a very solid and talented team, and will be more and more interested in helping make a run at the playoffs and eventually the Superbowl.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

and he has never really had any big injuries in his career with is a big positive
    i would love for the vikes to go after him, in would be a huge addition to our struggling passing offense.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"SKOL" wrote:
    I'm torn on this, Berrian would be a nice addition, but we'd have to add him before the draft, and WR appears to be the strongest position in the draft.

I guess as long as we don't draft for need, and take the BPA, I'd be alright with it.
    i would rather take Berrian now, and draft a few possible gems at WR..

the rook's will eventually come into the game, but they will need time.. maybe a season.. for 2-3 years we could have Berrian making plays, and showing the rook's some tricks from the WR bag of experience.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

davike is offline Team Alumni

Not exactly a WR who would light a fire under our pass games' ass alone probably, but he would help. For some reason I get the feeling the Vikings probably will take a close look at him if he makes it to FA. You can quote me on that.
    8)

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast