Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Berrian coming for visitm, possibly Madieu Williams and Tapeh

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    This is going to be a LONG day.
    dont you mean amazing?
    Sure. Waiting for the signed and delivered line to be added to their names. Speaking of sign and delivered....
    You know who is staying put with the Pats says...
    Sid Hartman of the
    Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that receiver Randy Moss is "signed, sealed, and delivered" to remain in New England.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Love the excitement, but I guess we will see tomorrow. You boys should know better than to get your hopes up this much! Anyways exciting indeed...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I like BB but i think we chose the wrong year to Dive in to FA. So is the life of ta Viking fan. All of these years we could be wiming in FA and we choose the weakest year in years...
    I don't want us over paying for these players... BB is not a # 1 WR. Justin smith may not be worthy of the contract he gets....
    God Damn !!!!.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I like BB but i think we chose the wrong year to Dive in to FA. So is the life of ta Viking fan. All of these years we could be wiming in FA and we choose the weakest year in years...
    I don't want us over paying for these players... BB is not a # 1 WR. Justin smith may not be worthy of the contract he gets....
    God gol 'darnit !!!!.
    Problem is, as long as the CAP continues to increase teams will be able to sign thier best players or at least afford to franchise thier guy.

FA market is always the left overs.
    Has been that way for a couple of years now and will only get worse.

A fallout of that is you will see the art of trading coming back into play along with teams really focusing on doing a thourough job of scouting draft prospects so that they don't waste picks.

That my friend is a good thing.
    Successfull teams in the future won't rely on FA period to build teams but rather plug a few holes as necessary.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tclawmen is offline Starter

I certainly dont mind taking a look at Berrian but if he wants 20 million + with a 12 million quarantee as has been mentioned, I sure hope they keep the plane fueled up and running because it should be a real short visit. But then again, the vikes gave Vishancoe 16 million last year so who knows. IMHO there is no way Berrian is worth that kind of money and we should not get caught up in over paying for an average W/R especially if the position can be addressed in the draft. I would much rather use that money for some help on the defensive side of the ball or on the offensive line. Just my opinion.

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

If we sign Berrian, draft say....Sweed/Doucet/Kelly in the second round, we'd have a promising WR core of Rice, Berrian, Allison, Rookie. Now that's just sexy.

Also, I'm really hoping for Madieu Williams! Big fan of this guy...underrated and would be instant upgrade over Dwight.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    God gol 'darnit !!!!.
    Problem is, as long as the CAP continues to increase teams will be able to sign thier best players or at least afford to franchise thier guy.

FA market is always the left overs.
    Has been that way for a couple of years now and will only get worse.

A fallout of that is you will see the art of trading coming back into play along with teams really focusing on doing a thourough job of scouting draft prospects so that they don't waste picks.

That my friend is a good thing.
    Successfull teams in the future won't rely on FA period to build teams but rather plug a few holes as necessary.
    The only thing stopping the nfl from becoming the next over bloated MLB is the Franchise Tag in my opinion.
    Some of the owners who complain about player pay should just count their blessings 32 players can be stopped from hitting the open market every year.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"tclawmen" wrote:
    I certainly dont mind taking a look at Berrian but if he wants 20 million + with a 12 million quarantee as has been mentioned, I sure hope they keep the plane fueled up and running because it should be a real short visit. But then again, the vikes gave Vishancoe 16 million last year so who knows but, IMHO there is no way Berrian is worth that kind of money and we should not get caught up in over paying for average talent.

Yeah, that is pretty steep for a player that has never broken 1000 yard in one season.
    We may end up taking a chance on one of these guys though.
    Only time will tell...which sucks!
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    I certainly dont mind taking a look at Berrian but if he wants 20 million + with a 12 million quarantee as has been mentioned, I sure hope they keep the plane fueled up and running because it should be a real short visit. But then again, the vikes gave Vishancoe 16 million last year so who knows but, IMHO there is no way Berrian is worth that kind of money and we should not get caught up in over paying for average talent.

Yeah, that is pretty steep for a player that has never broken 1000 yard in one season.
    We may end up taking a chance on one of these guys though.
    Only time will tell...which sucks!
    he also did have the mixture of grossman/orton/griese throwing to him too
    i know tjack is not perfect, but he is going to be better than that group next year

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Purplemania" wrote:
    If we sign Berrian, draft say....Sweed/Doucet/Kelly in the second round, we'd have a promising WR core of Rice, Berrian, Allison, Rookie. Now that's just sexy.

Also, I'm really hoping for Madieu Williams! Big fan of this guy...underrated and would be instant upgrade over Dwight.
    Don't forget about Bobby Wade.
    He's as solid as they come... maybe not a #1 or 2, but certainly a sure handed possesion type receiver.
    If we bring in a vet, such as Berrian, I don't believe a WR will be pursued in the draft, at least not until very late, but that's just mho.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast