Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bentley out of Vikes Future

Birk will start, no doubt about that.

I also believe, the Goldberg signing is more of a signing for depth, as may well be the signing of Whittel. I still think we should take a shot at Bentley, he could start at guard which would be a great improvement over what we already have, and at the same time we would have a great backup Center if Birk was to go down...

Add in a strong LT and we have the makings of a great line in front of us....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I really wanted Bentley

Congrats on 1 K Cojomay

Thank you Josdin for the sig

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Birk will start, no doubt about that.

I also believe, the Goldberg signing is more of a signing for depth, as may well be the signing of Whittel. I still think we should take a shot at Bentley, he could start at guard which would be a great improvement over what we already have, and at the same time we would have a great backup Center if Birk was to go down...

Add in a strong LT and we have the makings of a great line in front of us....

I am really fine with Mckinnie(LT), Birk(C), Fonoti(if we do resign him) and marcus johnson(at RT), and think we just need to get a good quality starting guard. I really liked what I saw from Marcus Johnson when we switched him to RT from guard. Sure he had the mental lapses, with a lot of false starts, but that was to be expected from a rookie, who is going against some of the best pass rushers in the game, and who has been moved back and forth between 2 positions WAY too much. I think his mental lapses will be far less this year with more experience and if we can leave him at RT. I expect him to be a heck of a RT for us in the future. He has all the tools to do it and he showed me them towards the end of the season.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I'll be honest, I was impressed with marcus johnson and his play at RT...Your right about the false starts, but most of those where when he first lined up and was full of piss and vineger.....He will learn how to settle down.

I wouldn't mind to see him start at RT this year at all.

Dump Rosenthal, (which I think the Vikings won't do, but I sure would) and pick up a promissing LT in the draft......Let Rosenthal just me our backup I guess......Unless we can find a better backup type player in the FAgency market...Then Dump Rosenthat, didn't I already say that...LOL

I guess you can all tell who my most disliked player is.......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

if he wants to play for a team that has lost its defensive dominance and has seen its offense diminish considerably as well, then all the more to him!
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

well antoine winfield did say he was going to play for the jets then he changed his mind, so hey you never know he still can be a viking.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123