Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bennett stays and Smith gets another chance?!?!

Sorry, but Bennett has no vision when it comes to running. You could make the argument that the blocking wasn't there this year, but what about last year? Both Memo and Smith have done well with the same blocking but half the time all Bennett does is run into the linemen. The guy can't break tackles, has no lateral or change of direction ability.

The only reason I would wan't to see him here is for the minimum, and even then, not as a starter. I am sick of our rbs getting 5 carries a game.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett was injured alot of last year.. He is learning alot more latley.. He is gettin a lil bit better vision and is running extremely hard.. Im hoping for the best for him

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Sorry, but Bennett has no vision when it comes to running. You could make the argument that the blocking wasn't there this year, but what about last year? Both Memo and Smith have done well with the same blocking but half the time all Bennett does is run into the linemen. The guy can't break tackles, has no lateral or change of direction ability.

The only reason I would wan't to see him here is for the minimum, and even then, not as a starter. I am sick of our rbs getting 5 carries a game.
    I appreciate your opinion and can't totally disagree, but I will say one thing, your picture I find very disturbing. And please don't elaborate on that.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    So then, If bennett fits, O. Smith is getting another chance and MeMo wasn't in danger .... that means NO STUD RB that most of us wanted in the first round.
    :cry:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Lendale might not even enter the draft, He never said he was. We as fans liked his performance in the Rose bowl so now we want him. Before the Rose bowl he was deff gonna stay another year. If Bennett wants to stay here and become a back up all star then go for it. But I really dont think either of those backs are the answer. Thier good switch ups (see nick goings of the panthers) Thier not the workhorse we need.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I know it's not sexy, and it's not going to knock anyones socks off, but I would really really like to get some quality linemen EVEN if it means spending a 1st round pick on someone who has more potential then a "lets hope this later round guy pans out"

For me it all depends on free agency. We may be able to fill our needs through that channel.
    I agree with you Del, I think that could be the way to go. BTW I really don't understand why none of us can find this article in English, why is this being posted in Cpenhagen and not in the US :shock: . I am happy again to hear about O Smith, not so sure about Bennett

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

SamDawg84 Guest

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Good idea 6..

They used Westbrooke alot as a WR. Maybe they will do the same here and use Bennett's speed against a LB
    danny remember i was saying move bennett to wide reciver? cause i remember saying that kinda of a lot

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Had this been brought up last year - or earlier in the season - I would have been with the "No, no, no!!!" crowd. However, with a change in staff and the impending revamping of the Offense, I am willing to gamble on Bennett...after all, we should be able to lock him up cheap.

Smith needs to prove he can stay clean...other than that, he showed great promise last season. Moore needs to work on durability...but I liked him better than Bennett this season. Fason...to early to call...but he's no Moe Williams.

I usually associate the West Coast offense with either a power back or a HB/FB combination. Lacking a true FB, Kleinsasser may wind up in that role again. Think back to the Alstott-Dunn combination Tampa had years back...then substitute Kleinsasser-Bennett for that...same principle.

Caine

Prophet Guest

I would love to see Kleinsasser in more of a true FB roll. He is way underrated and under used.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"SamDawg84" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Good idea 6..

They used Westbrooke alot as a WR. Maybe they will do the same here and use Bennett's speed against a LB
    danny remember i was saying move bennett to wide reciver? cause i remember saying that kinda of a lot
    Bennett isn't that quick, so I have a hard time believing that he would be a good route runner, not te mention he has average/below average hands for a RB. I think Mewelde would be a lot better.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast