Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Being a minnesotan

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I highly recommend a book by Howard Mohr titled "How to Talk Minnesotan" for all transplanted Viking fans.

Keep one on my desk for the bad times
    ;D
    I have that book...and the cassette too (which shows how long I have had it...LOL).
    I had to get it when I realized that I was gonna be with my (then girlfriend, now) wife for all of eternity!
    ;D
    There's some funny pooh in there!
    Mine belonged to a good friends mother who passed two years ago.

When she went home for her mothers funeral, the kids divided up her belongs, she (for some reason) gave it to me. :

Anyway - my favorite page (133 - IronClad PJ's)
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Oh man I need to get myself a copy of that book.

MST3K fans: http://www4.alluc.org/alluc/tv-shows...tegory_uid=660
    Fantastic site here for all kinds of movies and TV and whatnot. The page above is for MST, just click the "Season Links," there are a few episodes there. Links to the left have hundreds of other shows and movies.

** I am currently really busy, so give me a day or two... and if you have AIM, add me (egALECtarian) and I will try to log in to Trillian in the next couple of days. I have 21 full MST episodes and 3 of the "short" 50's PSA's the show occasionally had, and I would be happy to upload them over Trilliam/AIM to your PC. Unfortunately, the 'file send' feature isn't compatible with Yahoo messaging though. I will post a list of episodes (for your requests) here in a few days and will get on IM right after that. **
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Some other good Minnesota books:
    # You Know You're a Minnesotan If...
    by Ed Fischer
    # Minnesota Curiosities: Quirky Characters, Roadside Oddities & Other Offbeat

Stuff
    by Russ Ringsak
    # Only in Minnesota by Roxanne Kjarum
    # Hotdish To Die For by Pat Dennis
    # Minnesota Trivia (Trivia Fun) by Laurel Winter
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I highly recommend a book by Howard Mohr titled "How to Talk Minnesotan" for all transplanted Viking fans.

;D
    I have that book...and the cassette too (which shows how long I have had it...LOL).
    I had to get it when I realized that I was gonna be with my (then girlfriend, now) wife for all of eternity!
    ;D
    Great book and wasn't until I read it that I saw some similiarities between Minnesotans and Brits .... especially the section about how much interest is taken about the weather reports
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    ;D
    Great book and wasn't until I read it that I saw some similiarities between Minnesotans and Brits .... especially the section about how much interest is taken about the weather reports
    ;D
    I also tried to purchase some land up on Lake Wobegon but it was to expensive so I just bought some of Garrison's CD's.

Worth a listen if you haven't heard them.

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12