Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Bears headed back to Oklahoma

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "thatjusthappened28" wrote:
    i told you guys a long time ago... i can try to find it, but Loadholt has talent. However, i didn't think he would move into the first round either. I've heard him going in the third and some cases fourth round so i wanted to pick him up in the second round if we could.

now on the other idea... they might be taking a look at Iglesias. He's probably one of the best route runners in this class, with excellent hands. He's a tough little sh*t even though he lacks size. I'd love to grab him in the second round as well. (if we decide to go OT in the first instead of WR AND we don't try and get Holt)
    Someone put him on my radar as a second round pick.
    Might have been you.
    I don't have him going to us in my mock because I have him going a bit higher than our second pick.

Mock is at home so I can't remember what team I have him going to by the way.
    yes, if we do head in the direction of Nicks or Britt in the first, and Loadholt was available in the second... it'd be a steal in my eyes. He's HUGE puts up a whopping 6'8 320 figure. May need work on his footwork but that will be fixed quickly by our great coaching staff.

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    The Minnesota Vikings, who sent coach Brad Childress and vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman to Norman, Okla., for the pro day are also scheduled to have another get-together with Loadholt.
    hey way to put someone off.. send Childress down to explain the KAO to a potential player - guaranteed to send the guy off to sleep or make him worried about having Chilly as his HC
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    The Minnesota Vikings, who sent coach Brad Childress and vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman to Norman, Okla., for the pro day are also scheduled to have another get-together with Loadholt.
    hey way to put someone off.. send Childress down to explain the KAO to a potential player - guaranteed to send the guy off to sleep or make him worried about having Chilly as his HC
    ;D
    except for the fact he'd be blocking for his good ole' buddy from Oklahoma and the best running back in the league Adrian Peterson. I think he could get past the fact that Chilly would be his HC if he's got Adrian to help take him to the Pro Bowl ;D

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    i told you guys a long time ago... i can try to find it, but Loadholt has talent. However, i didn't think he would move into the first round either. I've heard him going in the third and some cases fourth round so i wanted to pick him up in the second round if we could.

now on the other idea... they might be taking a look at Iglesias. He's probably one of the best route runners in this class, with excellent hands. He's a tough little sh*t even though he lacks size. I'd love to grab him in the second round as well. (if we decide to go OT in the first instead of WR AND we don't try and get Holt)
    I'm not a fan of that dude.. i'd rather look at Nicks in the first or britt in the second although i'm seeingh im go to the giants in alot of mocks in the first... aside from those two.. i like Robiske in the 2nd but he may not be there...
    well of course sir. thats why i said IF we go for OT in the first instead of receiver... which would be Nicks or Britt and the chances of Robiskie being available that deep in the second round are slim to none.

so with that said, Iglesias woud be the best available, especially for what we need.
    Iglesias definitely had his moments last year and looks to be a player that can contribute quickly for a team.
    Not as a superstar, but a guy who will be where he is supposed to be and catch the ball.
    Might be able to do punt return duties as well.
    Don't know about reaching in the first two rounds for him though, upside seems more limiting than a lot of the other receivers in the draft.

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

I'm not a fan of that dude.. i'd rather look at Nicks in the first or britt in the second although i'm seeingh im go to the giants in alot of mocks in the first... aside from those two.. i like Robiske in the 2nd but he may not be there...
    well of course sir. thats why i said IF we go for OT in the first instead of receiver... which would be Nicks or Britt and the chances of Robiskie being available that deep in the second round are slim to none.

so with that said, Iglesias woud be the best available, especially for what we need.
    Iglesias definitely had his moments last year and looks to be a player that can contribute quickly for a team.
    Not as a superstar, but a guy who will be where he is supposed to be and catch the ball.
    Might be able to do punt return duties as well.
    Don't know about reaching in the first two rounds for him though, upside seems more limiting than a lot of the other receivers in the draft.

yeah i def agree with you... only thing is you'd have to get him in the second round unless we traded up in the 3rd... than you could maybe MAYBE pick him up early 3rd round. doubtful though. So he'd have to be a 2nd around pick. And yes not only will he contribute as a solid route runner (not superstar) but yes he had some pretty exceptional return numbers at Oklahoma when he had the opportunity.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    Please.
    Chilly wouldn't have to explain it all to him, the details of the complicated KAO all fits on his business card.

...Although I don't know why I'm bashing him, I still support him entering this season.
    It's still enjoyable... Lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12