Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Back up Defensive Linemen...?

There are only a handful of players like Pat in the league. Anyone who can do what he does, is not going to be a backup.
    I agree with V. As backups go, ours arent't too bad. Except maybe Kennedy.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

norsefan1 is offline Rookie

I am not worried either; juss wanted to hear a little "fresh" news !

Maybe a little "smack". I thought Jimmy Kennedy had been around the League 3-4 years; this is year #7, and he is 30. Maybe he is now in a solid time in his career.

He, Fred Evans, and maybe LeTroy Guion may be just fine. Did any of them light up any O-Lineman, or
    RBs, etc.?

I wuz hopin' to hear some 'fire' coming from somebody fighting for the top Backup spot...

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

Not worried about it.
    The backups played well last year.
    I would have liked for Wyms to have been signed because I thought he was our best backup (i was in the minority)

I'm really worried about our safety depth.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Yfz01" wrote:
    Not worried about it.
    I would have liked for Wyms to have been signed because I thought he was our best backup (i was in the minority)

Safety depth is our biggest problem atm.
    Madieu Williams is the veteran of the group, he looks to be healthy and playing very well in training camp, but what happens if he gets hurt?

Our 2nd most season Safety is special teams player Eric Frampton with 3 years, ahead of 2nd year player turned starter Tyrell Johnson.
    Behind them?
    Colt Anderson, De'Von Hall, and Jamarca Sanford - All rookies.

If Madieu gets hurt, or Tyrell doesn't pan out, we're more or less screwed here.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    Not worried about it.

Madieu Williams is the veteran of the group, he looks to be healthy and playing very well in training camp, but what happens if he gets hurt?

Our 2nd most season Safety is special teams player Eric Frampton with 3 years, ahead of 2nd year player turned starter Tyrell Johnson.
    Behind them?

If Madieu gets hurt, or Tyrell doesn't pan out, we're more or less screwed here.

hmm... almost as if keeping Sharper around and giving Johnson another year on the bench would have been a good thing.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    Not worried about it.

Behind them?

QB and Safety might be equal then.

I thought that Sanford was getting good praises during camp.

norsefan1 is offline Rookie

Maybe a little "smack". I thought Jimmy Kennedy had been around the League 3-4 years; this is year #7, and he is 30. Maybe he is now in a solid time in his career.

He, Fred Evans, and maybe LeTroy Guion may be just fine. Did any of them light up any O-Lineman, or
    RBs, etc.?

I wuz hopin' to hear some 'fire' coming from somebody fighting for the top Backup spot...
    ************************************************** **************************************
    How bout' back to the topic of our Back-up D-Line...WHO is going to stand out in the crowd?

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    Not worried about it.

Behind them?

Okay how exactly can you say backup safety is a problem or we are screwed? I mean what exactly have you even seen of our backups to even type that.

Basically what I get from that is
    I don't know how our backups can play therefore they just suck unless you have something you have seen of them in meaningful regular season action to back that up.

By the way you forgot Husain Abdullah in your post.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"norsefan1" wrote:

RBs, etc.?

************************************************** **************************************
    How bout' back to the topic of our Back-up D-Line...WHO is going to stand out in the crowd?
    umm.. how is Kennedy, Evans and Guion not on topic?

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

It's always hard to tell how good or hard a player looks in Helmets, shoulder pads and shorts. That ios why we have a pre season There is always a guy or 2 that steps up and makes the team,
    based on what he shows in the pre season, ect.
    Personally I think that barring injury Evans has one spot locked up. The other battle is hands down Kennedy vs Guion.
    If Kennedy has teh most to prove out of anyone, on this team s he is the one that has the most to prove.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast