Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Back to the Drawing Board!!

Wilf! Show me something:

1. Get a great coach quick!
    2. Get Peterson!
    3. Get Edge!
    4. Don't tear apart the nucleus of the team just to stress "change".
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"gregair13" wrote:
    crazy thought i had. trade one of williams (kevin/pat)for arrington, sign peterson and play 3-4. just something to ponder.
    and then trade a few of our 6 WRs and 5 RBs for oline... and then sign alexander, holmes, lewis, or davis.

our goals this offseason are: #1 is oline, #2 is a start rb not 3 or 4, #3 linebackers.

we really are only a few players and a coach away from being a really really good team. mabye even a great team
    I agree...that you thought was crazy...Arrington is washed up and he gets hurt WAY TOO MUCH!!! Both of our Williams are STUDS and I want to keep BOTH of them.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"gregair13" wrote:
    crazy thought i had. trade one of williams (kevin/pat)for arrington, sign peterson and play 3-4. just something to ponder.
    and then trade a few of our 6 WRs and 5 RBs for oline... and then sign alexander, holmes, lewis, or davis.

our goals this offseason are: #1 is oline, #2 is a start rb not 3 or 4, #3 linebackers.

we really are only a few players and a coach away from being a really really good team. mabye even a great team
    What is the point of all that change? Pat and Kevin are great players, there is nothing to fix, it ain't broken. 3-4? we don't even know who our coach is, let alone if he plays a 3-4 defense, and even if we did go to 3-4, we should keep both Williams' anyways. I say just sign Peterson period.

I believe our O-line problem can be fixed without major trades, then again I haven't looked at available linemen at all. All we need though is one proven starter to along with Birk and Mckinnie amd a solid backup. Also, we don't have 5 RBs, we have 3. Unless you wanna do a sign and trade.

We need a running game, a linebacker, and good coaching. SKOL!
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"gregair13" wrote:

We tried doin' 3-4 at the beginning of this season i remember and it did not work out well for us at all. Personally i think our d-line is hot right now as it is and we shouldn't mess with that. LB's could use some work, and having 3 solid ones is tough enough as it is, not to mention 4.

I do agree with your last sentance though, a few players away from being a hot team for sure!
    ;-)

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

What is the point of all that change? Pat and Kevin are great players, there is nothing to fix, it ain't broken. 3-4? we don't even know who our coach is, let alone if he plays a 3-4 defense, and even if we did go to 3-4, we should keep both Williams' anyways. I say just sign Peterson period.

I believe our O-line problem can be fixed without major trades, then again I haven't looked at available linemen at all. All we need though is one proven starter to along with Birk and Mckinnie amd a solid backup. Also, we don't have 5 RBs, we have 3. Unless you wanna do a sign and trade.

I agree!!! Maybe on FA O-lineman to play RG or RT...we have enough talent for depth purposes!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

We tried doin' 3-4 at the beginning of this season i remember and it did not work out well for us at all. Personally i think our d-line is hot right now as it is and we shouldn't mess with that. LB's could use some work, and having 3 solid ones is tough enough as it is, not to mention 4.

I do agree with your last sentance though, a few players away from being a hot team for sure!
    Arrington is gonna be a FA. Our d-line is pretty much greatness. So nothing to change there.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

I agree!!! Maybe on FA O-lineman to play RG or RT...we have enough talent for depth purposes!
    The only thing that scares is I think we are going to let a bunch of our FAs leave. I think these guys all are essential to our team. Many will probably disagree.

Chavous
    B Williams
    Newman
    K Robinson
    Johnstone
    Fowler/Withrow
    Bennett
    Burleson
    Edinger
    Cowart
    Fonoti
    Offord
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"V-Unit" wrote:
    The only thing that scares is I think we are going to let a bunch of our FAs leave. I think these guys all are essential to our team. Many will probably disagree.

Chavous
    B Williams
    Newman
    K Robinson
    Johnstone
    Fowler/Withrow
    Bennett
    Burleson
    Edinger
    Cowart
    Fonoti
    Offord
    I would agree with most of those guys stickin' around. In fact i think we need most of them to stick around.
    ;-)

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i think the must stays for sure are
    newman
    k-rob
    johnstone
    fowler
    burleson
    edinger
    cowart
    fonoti
    and offord
    the others are more luxary

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

actually, it worked really, really well... but thats because teams didn't have any knowledge of our 3-4 scheme. after two weeks it stopped working...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast