Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Assessing Wide Receiver Situation -Bleacher Report

According to the Minnesota Vikings new release distributed this week, the team has a total of 12 wide receivers on the roster for training campó13 if you include former wideout, and current quarterback, Joe Webb.
    The Vikings will most likely start the season with six wide receivers on the active roster.

Listing Joe Webb as a quarterback will give them potentially another receiver.

Here's what to expect:

Starters: Bernard Berrian, Michael Jenkins, and Percy Harvin.

Back-ups: Greg Camarillo, Jaymar Johnson, and Emmanual Arceneaux.

Practice Squad: Stephen Burton and Andre Holmes.

Begin Slideshow
    Minnesota Vikings: Assessing Their Wide Receiver Situation
    I can live with a roster like that.

Only question is will they go with 6 WR's or 5? My guess, if they go with 5, JJ or Cam will be gone and they will keep ARceneaux becuase of the question at that position.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Assessing Wide Receiver Situation -Bleacher Report

thanks for the warning in the title... I can avoid reading it.

However, my opinion:

They stick with 5, they need that 6th roster spot for depth at other positions, whether it's keeping on a ST player, or a DT to fill in for KW when he's suspended.

1: Harvin
    2: Berrian
    3: Jenkins
    4: Jaymar
    5: Aromashodu

Reports from camp is Jaymar has just been tearing it up, if he is doing that well, I can't see them cutting him for Arcenaux, who has reportedly looked mediocre.

Cam has something like a 2 mil cap hit, I can see him being a late cut. They're not going to sign Jenkins and Aromashodu only to cut them unless they REALLY show they're not up to the job.

Other alternatives are Stephen Burton, who has a case of the dropsies, and has reportedly just looked all-around poor during camp.

they might try to sneak a guy like Arcenaux onto PS, but good chance he might get scooped up. Jaymar won't make it again (not sure he's eligible anymore anyway), he'd get picked up off waivers.

if you include former wideout, and current quarterback, Joe Webb.
    reason I really don't like BR. Webb was drafted as a WR, but in college he was primarily a QB, who played some reps at WR (rather mediocrely I might add) He was immediately moved back to QB (his actual position).

GQVikesFanLV is offline Waterboy

I am ok with this too.. but I think Devin Aroshamadu (spelling) should be in the roster as well. He torched us 2 seasons ago.
    None

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103162

However, my opinion:

They stick with 5, they need that 6th roster spot for depth at other positions, whether it's keeping on a ST player, or a DT to fill in for KW when he's suspended.

Reports from camp is Jaymar has just been tearing it up, if he is doing that well, I can't see them cutting him for Arcenaux, who has reportedly looked mediocre.

Cam has something like a 2 mil cap hit, I can see him being a late cut. They're not going to sign Jenkins and Aromashodu only to cut them unless they REALLY show they're not up to the job.

Other alternatives are Stephen Burton, who has a case of the dropsies, and has reportedly just looked all-around poor during camp.

they might try to sneak a guy like Arcenaux onto PS, but good chance he might get scooped up. Jaymar won't make it again (not sure he's eligible anymore anyway), he'd get picked up off waivers.

reason I really don't like BR. Webb was drafted as a WR, but in college he was primarily a QB, who played some reps at WR (rather mediocrely I might add) He was immediately moved back to QB (his actual position).
    I think if you go back and read a couple of the "Camp" articles as well as this one, you will see that Aromashodu is looking like camp fodder.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "GQVikesFanLV" #1103163
    I am ok with this too.. but I think Devin Aroshamadu (spelling) should be in the roster as well. He torched us 2 seasons ago.
    Yea, I hear ya, but that is about all he's ever done.

I'm just not sure about WR's that come from the Bores right now. It isn't like they let them go cause they had someone/something alot better than them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103167

However, my opinion:

I think if you go back and read a couple of the "Camp" articles as well as this one, you will see that Aromashodu is looking like camp fodder.
    why? Because Aromashodu hasn't caught a ball yet?

Hmm... strange... it's almost as if vets with new contracts haven't been allowed to practice until this afternoon at 4.

Well no wonder I haven't heard much about him then.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103172

However, my opinion:

Hmm... strange... it's almost as if vets with new contracts haven't been allowed to practice until this afternoon at 4.

Has nothing to do with what he has done or hasn't done. Again, read the articles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103175

However, my opinion:

Has nothing to do with what he has done or hasn't done. Again, read the articles.
    Link me.

I'm willing to be it's an article from some writer who really is basing it off nothing except for the fact that he didn't have 200 yards last season.

I'm not saying he's a lock to make it, but the kid has some skill, and the "articles say" the reason he didn't play alot was because he made it into Lovie's doghouse. If he comes and absolutely stinks it up, then cut him. If he comes and looks liek a viable #4 receiver, there's no reason to cut him over a guy like Arceneaux, who hasn't looked that good himself.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103178
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103175

However, my opinion:

Link me.

I'm willing to be it's an article from some writer who really is basing it off nothing except for the fact that he didn't have 200 yards last season.

I'm not saying he's a lock to make it, but the kid has some skill, and the "articles say" the reason he didn't play alot was because he made it into Lovie's doghouse. If he comes and absolutely stinks it up, then cut him. If he comes and looks liek a viable #4 receiver, there's no reason to cut him over a guy like Arceneaux, who hasn't looked that good himself.
    Aromashodu was actually playing decent ball at the tail end of 2009. It seemed like he was going to break out in 2010 (i had him pegged as a sleeper pick in my FF draft). Enter Mike Martz in 2010 as the OC for the bears. Martz wanted Knox and Hester out wide and pigeon holed Aromashodu in the slot position which did not play to his strengths as a WR. It was Martz doghouse that he never really escaped.

I am hoping they have him playing BB's position. Aromashodu has bounced around the league a bit, so I think he may be more hungry than BB. I am interested in seeing how he pans out.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Jaymar Johnson is "tearing it up" in every training camp. Remind you of someone else? (Troy Williamsson)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast