Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Assessing Ginn's speed, Carr's value, Quinn's future

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    He definately is committed.
    That doesn't always translate in to a better player, but it sure can't hurt!
    I guess I am with you audioghost.
    I really, really don't want to pick up a QB in the draft, but if we do end up getting Quinn it won't be all bad.
    It's hard for people to get past the "Notre Dame Hate" which is endemic to many non-ND-fans, but I just can't help but get excited about the possibility of landing Quinn.
    People want to blame Quinn for not winning "the big ones", but what people forget is that for ND, every game is a Big One because they are Notre Dame.

Take the Purdue game.
    There is no bigger game on the Purdue schedule than their annual meeting with ND.
    Certainly, people give more interest to it than say, vs. Indiana!

I just look at how Quinn has spent the last 2 years at the knee of a Super Bowl-winning offensive mind and think that that means more to me than his supposed choking against the likes of USC or Michigan (this year).

=Z=
    Adequately articulated.

I was definetly against drafting two players (Ginn and Quinn) at number 7.
    Now it is just Ginn.
    To high for him.
    If we do get Quinn at 7, what is the worst thing that can happen?
    Make the staff develop to young QB's.
    One will probably start.
    Let the competition begin.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    WOW I just saw Brady Quinn on NFL total access shirtless and the dude is huge and ripped! Never knew he was so fricken strong...I want a WR but I wouldn't be mad if we picked Quinn...
    Is this start of some Quinn man-love. ;D
    Most people agree he's got the right tools to excel in NFL, the knock seems to be that can't win the big games, and that his stats are just a result of the 'Weiss system" whatever the hell that is supposed to mean? Were Montana stats only the result of the 'Walsh system'? I stick to my opinion that the Vikes (even if they trade down, which I don't think they will) will NOT take a wr in the 1st round. Too many good receivers in this draft to go after someone (other than CJ) in the 1st.
    Let me all remind people of another person people said couldn't win the big game.
    How about Peyton Manning?
    Even before he won the superbowl I wouldn't have cried if he was a Viking and people were saying that bout him.
    Sometimes losing "the big game" gives someone a chance to reflect and learn from their mistakes.
    I think Manning was able to do that.
    He does it with committment to learning more and more everyday.
    The same could be said about Quinn.
    If he is committed and he has all the tools to be an NFL QB, I don't think he would be a bad pick up at all.

That being said, my first choice would be trading up to get Johnson.
    If that doesn't happen trade down to obtain more picks.
    If we draft Quinn I wouldn't be mad.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Some people would prefer a QB who has never played in a big game to a player who has lost the big game.

If you are confused, it is because the above statement makes absolutely no sense to a thinking man.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Quinn. Get CJ, get Quinn, or trade down. That is my priority list.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V-Unit" wrote:
    Some people would prefer a QB who has never played in a big game to a player who has lost the big game.

If you are confused, it is because the above statement makes absolutely no sense to a thinking man.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Quinn. Get CJ, get Quinn, or trade down. That is my priority list.
    Hey V, not sure what you mean by the statement that doesn't make sense.
    ???

Goose is offline Waterboy

Looks like Houston is looking to trade up to the sixth spot to pick Quinn.

hxxp: vikingsnow. blogspot. com/

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:

???
    I'm saying who thinks TJ is better than Quinn are crazy. The only knock against Quinn is that has hasn't won big games. TJ has not even played in a game that is even close to the magnitude of Notre Dame's games. Quinn has the experience and can learn from those games. TJ might crumble under the pressure for all we know. Same thing with David Carr.

I will be happy with TJ or Carr if we choose to go that route, but I simply don't understand the people against drafting Quinn. He will be BPA at 7 in my mind, and we need some sort of QB help, so why not?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I want Ginn. I've officially decided. People don't give him a fair shake. They compare him to troy williamson just because he's small and fast. the fact of the matter is that he's a playmaker, something we're sorely missing on this team. He's not a primma donna either. Look at what Devin Hester did for the bears last year. Imagine if Devin hester could be a force on OFFENSE too (or defense in hester's case). That's what you have in Ginn. I'm willing to take a shot at having another troy williamson like player if we have a possibilty of ending up with the next steve smith.
    ONE thing in Ginn's favor...IF he shows that he CAN'T catch, the team picking him could just switch him to DEFENSE...since we all know that DBs are just WRs that can't catch!
    well in that case we should switch williamson to a DB since he's got great speed and no hands.
    he'll go from zero to hero!!

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:

???
    I'm saying who thinks TJ is better than Quinn are crazy. The only knock against Quinn is that has hasn't won big games. TJ has not even played in a game that is even close to the magnitude of Notre Dame's games. Quinn has the experience and can learn from those games. TJ might crumble under the pressure for all we know. Same thing with David Carr.

I will be happy with TJ or Carr if we choose to go that route, but I simply don't understand the people against drafting Quinn. He will be BPA at 7 in my mind, and we need some sort of QB help, so why not?
    I got ya.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234