Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38
  1. #21
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Assessing Ginn's speed, Carr's value, Quinn's future

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    The big draw to Ginn is the play of Hester IMHO.
    6 regular season kick returns for TDs plus one to open the SuperBowl as a rookie?
    gol 'darnit that kid has moves!
    Hester wasn't being asked to do anything but return kicks - and play the occasional corner (and get burned) when others were injured.

    Ginn will be expected (not asked) to be a play-making WR *AND* a stud return guy if the Vikings draft him at #7.
    Big difference in expectations, IMHO.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    67

    Re: Assessing Ginn's speed, Carr's value, Quinn's future

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    The big draw to Ginn is the play of Hester IMHO.
    6 regular season kick returns for TDs plus one to open the SuperBowl as a rookie?
    gol 'darnit that kid has moves!
    Hester wasn't being asked to do anything but return kicks - and play the occasional corner (and get burned) when others were injured.

    Ginn will be expected (not asked) to be a play-making WR *AND* a stud return guy if the Vikings draft him at #7.
    Big difference in expectations, IMHO.

    =Z=
    True. Just like the expections the Vikings had of Williamson.

    I also agree about them taking a D-Lineman or Levi Brown with the 7th pick. Recievers run real deep in this draft. But Jarrett is too big to pass up. Even at 7.
    Go Big Or Go Home!!!

  3. #23
    VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,433

    Re: Assessing Ginn's speed, Carr's value, Quinn's future

    If we can't (or won't) trade up to get Calvin Johnson Then we take Gaines Adams, Levi Brown, or trade back and select Ginn or Jarrett - neither one of them is worth a #7 pick.

    You don't not draft a player because another person who looks like him, or went to the same school as him didn't do well at the next level.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    67

    Re: Assessing Ginn's speed, Carr's value, Quinn's future

    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    If we can't (or won't) trade up to get Calvin Johnson Then we take Gaines Adams, Levi Brown, or trade back and select Ginn or Jarrett - neither one of them is worth a #7 pick.

    You don't not draft a player because another person who looks like him, or went to the same school as him didn't do well at the next level.
    Exactly!!!
    Go Big Or Go Home!!!

  5. #25
    PacNWVike's Avatar
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: Assessing Ginn's speed, Carr's value, Quinn's future

    "cajunvike" wrote:

    ONE thing in Ginn's favor...IF he shows that he CAN'T catch, the team picking him could just switch him to DEFENSE...since we all know that DBs are just WRs that can't catch!
    A valid point many overlook.
    We do need a game breaking WR, but he's played DB too.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

  6. #26
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Assessing Ginn's speed, Carr's value, Quinn's future

    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

    ONE thing in Ginn's favor...IF he shows that he CAN'T catch, the team picking him could just switch him to DEFENSE...since we all know that DBs are just WRs that can't catch!
    A valid point many overlook.
    We do need a game breaking WR, but he's played DB too.
    In that case, change his # to 28 and move Williamson to corner.

  7. #27
    PacNWVike's Avatar
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: Assessing Ginn's speed, Carr's value, Quinn's future

    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

    ONE thing in Ginn's favor...IF he shows that he CAN'T catch, the team picking him could just switch him to DEFENSE...since we all know that DBs are just WRs that can't catch!
    A valid point many overlook.
    We do need a game breaking WR, but he's played DB too.
    In that case, change his # to 28 and move Williamson to corner.
    I don't know if T.Will has the hand/eye coordination to even knock the ball away!
    ;D
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

  8. #28
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Assessing Ginn's speed, Carr's value, Quinn's future

    Ginn 4 sho

    Next Steve Smith







    One Love

  9. #29
    WileEViking's Avatar
    WileEViking is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    55

    Re: Assessing Ginn's speed, Carr's value, Quinn's future

    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

    ONE thing in Ginn's favor...IF he shows that he CAN'T catch, the team picking him could just switch him to DEFENSE...since we all know that DBs are just WRs that can't catch!
    A valid point many overlook.
    We do need a game breaking WR, but he's played DB too.
    In that case, change his # to 28 and move Williamson to corner.
    I don't know if T.Will has the hand/eye coordination to even knock the ball away!

    ;D
    We all saw him play,and he DEFINITELY has the ability to knock the ball down.Catch it? That's another story...
    Still waiting for the drugs to kick in...

  10. #30
    ballhog27's Avatar
    ballhog27 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    113

    Re: Assessing Ginn's speed, Carr's value, Quinn's future

    We can't use the 7th pick on Ted Ginn. I think if we traded down it would be a great idea but that is only because we would have a lower pick. David Carr is an ok QB but he would be put into an offense that doesn't seem to do alot of passing, I would rather see a QB that can manage and pull off fakes, but not a Brad Johnson clone. Another thing is about Brady Quinn. I think he would be an excellent pick if we hadn't have drafted Tavaris Jackson. It doesn't matter who really is drafted this year because B Chill won't be here next year to see any of his drafted players become any good.
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Crennel not worried over Quinn's misfires
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 12:51 AM
  2. New Bang Cartoons - Future Imperfect & Speed Racer
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 11:20 PM
  3. Foley assessing needs
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 02:22 PM
  4. Texans Extend QB Carr's contract for 3 more years....
    By NordicNed in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 07:28 PM
  5. Carr's son diagnosed with juvenile diabetes.
    By so-cal vike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 12:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •