Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Assessing Ginn's speed, Carr's value, Quinn's future

"audioghost" wrote:
    WOW I just saw Brady Quinn on NFL total access shirtless and the dude is huge and ripped! Never knew he was so fricken strong...I want a WR but I wouldn't be mad if we picked Quinn...
    I think that audioghost is showing some serious man-love for Quinn!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Brady Quinn has apparently been working out like a fiend while getting ready for the draft.
    On PTI they were talking about how he was doing strengthening exercises on the muscles in his eyes so he can focus on his surrounds quicker and make better judgments.

OK, wow.

He definately is committed.
    That doesn't always translate in to a better player, but it sure can't hurt!
    I guess I am with you audioghost.
    I really, really don't want to pick up a QB in the draft, but if we do end up getting Quinn it won't be all bad.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"audioghost" wrote:
    WOW I just saw Brady Quinn on NFL total access shirtless and the dude is huge and ripped! Never knew he was so fricken strong...I want a WR but I wouldn't be mad if we picked Quinn...
    Is this start of some Quinn man-love. ;D
    Most people agree he's got the right tools to excel in NFL, the knock seems to be that can't win the big games, and that his stats are just a result of the 'Weiss system" whatever the hell that is supposed to mean? Were Montana stats only the result of the 'Walsh system'? I stick to my opinion that the Vikes (even if they trade down, which I don't think they will) will NOT take a wr in the 1st round. Too many good receivers in this draft to go after someone (other than CJ) in the 1st.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    He definately is committed.
    That doesn't always translate in to a better player, but it sure can't hurt!
    I guess I am with you audioghost.
    I really, really don't want to pick up a QB in the draft, but if we do end up getting Quinn it won't be all bad.
    It's hard for people to get past the "Notre Dame Hate" which is endemic to many non-ND-fans, but I just can't help but get excited about the possibility of landing Quinn.
    People want to blame Quinn for not winning "the big ones", but what people forget is that for ND, every game is a Big One because they are Notre Dame.

Take the Purdue game.
    There is no bigger game on the Purdue schedule than their annual meeting with ND.
    Certainly, people give more interest to it than say, vs. Indiana!

I just look at how Quinn has spent the last 2 years at the knee of a Super Bowl-winning offensive mind and think that that means more to me than his supposed choking against the likes of USC or Michigan (this year).

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Ginn at 7 is a reach but I would still not be mad if we took him there. A trade down would be ideal.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I just love the Quinn hate and love...I really hope we get him..what a pickup...might be a rookie but he is a good player and will be even better what the NFL

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    I think that audioghost is showing some serious man-love for Quinn!
    Haha...no its not like that. I guess I just always thought Brady Quinn was a skinny little B!tch

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

WileEViking is offline Rookie

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    Is this start of some Quinn man-love. ;D
    Most people agree he's got the right tools to excel in NFL, the knock seems to be that can't win the big games, and that his stats are just a result of the 'Weiss system" whatever the hell that is supposed to mean? Were Montana stats only the result of the 'Walsh system'? I stick to my opinion that the Vikes (even if they trade down, which I don't think they will) will NOT take a wr in the 1st round. Too many good receivers in this draft to go after someone (other than CJ) in the 1st.

I agree,there is only one WR I'd take with the 7,and that's Johnson.Ginn? Good speed,average hands,and maybe a tad brittle,IMO.I see him as a second rounder,though many have him going in the first.Quinn? I'd like him if the Vikings addressed the WR problem and didn't get a QB heading into the draft.I don't think the Vikings take him at seven.I could easily see a trade down if someone is offering the right package with Quinn still on the board....
    Still waiting for the drugs to kick in...

I like the prospect of entertaining trade offers for Quinn. But at 7 I would be upset if they take Ginn. Ginn IMO will still be available in the last half of the draft maybe even the second round. At 7 I still stick at getting Jarrett. Size and really good hands. Everyone is knocking him because of his speed. People under estimate his acceleration off the LOS. The NFL isn't all about speed. Anybody remember what Rice 40 time was? 4.6
    Go Big Or Go Home!!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"sp0njah4Life" wrote:
    I like the prospect of entertaining trade offers for Quinn. But at 7 I would be upset if they take Ginn. Ginn IMO will still be available in the last half of the draft maybe even the second round. At 7 I still stick at getting Jarrett. Size and really good hands. Everyone is knocking him because of his speed. People under estimate his acceleration off the LOS. The NFL isn't all about speed. Anybody remember what Rice 40 time was? 4.6
    Everybody remembers what Rice's 40 time was.. mostly because it has been mentioned in every article and thread comparing Ginn and Jarrett. ;D

I think 7 is actually a reach for Jarrett too.
    I wouldn't mind picking him up, although I would really get DL or OL instead with the number 7 pick.
    The WR class is so deep this year that there will be a few gems coming out of the second and third rounds.

The big draw to Ginn is the play of Hester IMHO.
    6 regular season kick returns for TDs plus one to open the SuperBowl as a rookie?
    Damn that kid has moves!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast